RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   radio interferance (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/11606697-radio-interferance.html)

Bob@amosrc 11-14-2014 06:31 PM

radio interferance

I am using a spectrum dx 8 transmitter and receiver and have started having problems with the plane noticeable glitch while flying .
I think I have solved the problem by removing the rcexl opto kill switch I am running a DLE-35 and have been flying it for more than 8 months without any problems until now I have changed the receiver switched transmitters with the same results after removing the kill switch the plane is back to normal
anyone else ever had this problem?
Bob

11-14-14
after flying the yak 54 several times the problem is back it was not the kill switch.I have now replaced the receiver switch and ignition module and need to test fly to see if its any better .
everything checks out on the ground just fine with the engine running. I use a 3 cell lipo batt. with a 10 amp bec for the radio and a 3 cell lipo and 10 amp bec for the engine I have checked all wiring and plugs
Thanks for every one that had an idea. anymore ?

mustangman177 11-15-2014 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bob@amosrc (Post 11918041)
I am using a spectrum dx 8 transmitter and receiver and have started having problems with the plane noticeable glitch while flying .
I think I have solved the problem by removing the rcexl opto kill switch I am running a DLE-35 and have been flying it for more than 8 months without any problems until now I have changed the receiver switched transmitters with the same results after removing the kill switch the plane is back to normal
anyone else ever had this problem?
thanks, Bob

Thanks for posting this........I have the exact same engine and opto kill switch (that I haven't installed yet) and now I won't after reading this !!! I have heard of similar problems using this switch. Not sure why though it would act this way. The intent of the switch is justified in an emergency situation. Too bad it causes these interference problems.

Thanks again

/cary

da Rock 11-17-2014 08:32 AM

The KILL SWITCH was the problem you say. Good info about equipment used in all types of models.

BarracudaHockey 11-17-2014 10:55 AM

I would replace it with a different one and give it a try.

While a bad component isn't out of the realm of possibility, I have hundreds of flights with several of those switches installed.

Even if you are bent against the RCEXL, look at a Tech Aero or Smaart Fly because its a very good idea to run a transmitter activated kill switch with a gasser

raptureboy 11-17-2014 11:15 AM

Ditto on these switchs having no problems for me. I have 4 planes with them and no issues but I use Airtronics. Have you contacted Spectrum yet? Good to know a little more about your setup, single battery running everything etc.

speedracerntrixie 11-20-2014 06:21 AM

I would be concerned about the use of 3 cell Lipo batteries. Depending on what the BEC input voltage is this could cause the BEC to heat up and put out inconsistent voltage/current. Verify BEC output voltage with a loaded meter after the system has been turned on for 5 to 10 min.