RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   Spektrum DXe Transmitter (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/11655366-spektrum-dxe-transmitter.html)

poppy2 10-14-2018 02:49 PM

Spektrum DXe Transmitter

Just got my first electric plane.. Apprentice S 15e. Have put it together and all went well. It is RTF, Binded. My question has to do with the transmitter. The transmitter is a DXe (No numbers). This transmitter has a button to select Trainer/Bind/Panic Switch as opposed to a switch that would be moved to the appropriate position that would be displayer on the transmitter. My understanding is that when flying, the trainer function is inoperative and also the bind function. Pressing the button while flying would select Panic mode vs. Panic mode off. How do I know if the panic mode is on or off? I would have liked a switch that is moved between one of three positions so that I would know for sure. Any help would be deeply appreciated and a big stress reducer for me.

Poppy2

poppy2 10-19-2018 01:50 PM

After some research from the company and watching a video or two, I think I can answer my own question, hopefully for anyone else that is a bit unclear of what goes on when flying this plane. There are three modes you could be flying in. Beginner, intermediate, and experienced. In the beginner mode, there is very little control movement that can be made in regard to pitch and roll. When the controls are released and centered, the plane will immedicably return to level flight. The plane will climb out on take off with no control action if desired and maintain level flight. Although you can use some control on take off if desired, but only to the degree beginner mode movement is restricted. When landing in beginner mode, when the throttle is reduced, the controls are released and centered, the plane will maintain level flight and land Safely. You can still add some throttle and some up elevator if desired but only within the restricted movement of beginner mode. The thing to remember with beginner mode, if you return control sticks, ailerons, elevator , and rudder to neutral position, the plane will return to level flight. NOT SO in immediate and experienced modes.

Intermediate mode. Bank and pitch movements with the sticks are increased. Again, there is no self leveling in this mode when sticks are returned to neutral.

Experience mode. All bank and pitch restrictions are removed and the is no self leveling.

Panic Mode. Can be activated at ANYTIME in ANY flight mode. When you pull/press the panic switch/button the plane will return to straight and level flight. Even if the control sticks are in extreme positions, panic mode will over ride that condition, and keep the plane level until the panic switch/button is RELEASED. (This was the question that I was looking for here in my first post. Some transmitters have a panic switch and some have a button. With the switch, you hold it back . When you want to get out of panic mode, you release the pressure and let the switch move back to its neutral position. With the panic BUTTON, you HOLD the button DOWN to stay in panic mode. When you want to get out of panic mode, RELEASE the pressure on the button, let it return to neutral position and you will return to normal flight.) Hope this helps anyone who was not sure how to deal with the button.

There is another condition that I understand is operative in ALL three mode. It is referred to AS3X. It helps to maintain stability in turbulence.

I hope that this is some help to anyone that might be unclear as to what is taking place in the different modes and how to activate and deactivate the panic mode. If anyone see's some correction here please advise. It would be appreciated.

Poppy2