RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   Most Air Movement on Planes Surface?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/1522972-most-air-movement-planes-surface.html)

Q-Ball 02-12-2004 10:16 PM

Most Air Movement on Planes Surface??

OK.If a plane is moving 100 MPH where is the most air movement??. On the wings are in the prop wash??
I'm trying the I4C air whistles and wondering where to put them where they will get the most air passing.
I put some on the bottom wing tips of my Shrike and have another set.I haven't tried them yet so if they don't work that well I'm wondering where else to put them.
Thanx
Walt

Flypaper 2 02-12-2004 10:32 PM

RE: Most Air Movement on Planes Surface??

Highest velocity is right at the curve at the leading edge of the wing. Let us know how it works.

FHHuber 02-12-2004 11:46 PM

one local club member put a pair of whistles on the wingtips of a Gremlin flying wing for R/C combat. He placed them right at the thickest part of the airfoil. Needed to go in a vertical power-off (engine at idle) dive to hear them over the engine. [:'(] He moved one forward (lost the other when a mid-air sent it flyiing int the brush) and suddenly it was audible any time the plane was above 2/3 throttle in level flight.

Experiment a bit with placement. You will find a location that give the maximum sound at the flight condition that you want it to be loud. ;)

ifixairplanes 02-13-2004 12:47 AM

whistles? i have never heard of them, anyone got a link?

sean

3DFanatic 02-14-2004 01:18 AM

They're the coolest things!

CafeenMan 02-14-2004 08:21 AM

I tried a tuba once, but could never get it to work. Sax wasn't so hot either. Next time I'm trying a piano. :D

Q-Ball 02-14-2004 10:19 AM

Search for I4C Products.I have the link to send you if you want to send me your email addy.
I can't do it on here.

Walt

phread59 02-14-2004 05:24 PM

Caffeen You're nuts, LOL. Next time try a basoon.

Mark Shuman

jettstarblue 02-16-2004 09:23 AM

Tip of the vert.

Q-Ball 02-16-2004 10:12 AM

For those of you interested in these things,I can guarantee that they work and work well.Don't waste your time on these toy store thingys..
I got two of the I4C large ones and they sound off.Even on a somewhat slower plane you can hear them,even far off.

I'm well satisfied for $17.95,and will order more.
Thought I'd let ya' know.
Thanx
Walt