RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   Cermak Graduate VS. Great Planes Easy Sport (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/4033121-cermak-graduate-vs-great-planes-easy-sport.html)

caboose 03-14-2006 12:28 PM

Cermak Graduate VS. Great Planes Easy Sport

I have been flying trainers for about 18 months. I can do basic aerobatics. I am looking for a second plane. I like the looks of the Graduate over the Easy Sport. Are these two basically the same as far as performance is concerned??

RCKen 03-14-2006 01:41 PM

RE: Cermak Graduate VS. Great Planes Easy Sport

I don't know much about the graduate, but the Easy Sport is one of the planes that I recommend to my students when they are thinking about their second plane. It's plane the performs well on a lot of manuevers, but will tame down and give a very gentle landing.

Hope this helps

Ken

MinnFlyer 03-14-2006 01:58 PM

I've never seen the Graduate either, but I've seen a few Cermark planes, and they are very nice.

Take a look at the Goldberg Tiger and Sig 4* also

simark 03-20-2006 10:11 AM

I always felt that the Easy Sport was a slightly porkier (heavier) version of the Goldberg Falcon. I have the Falcon III with a OS32, and a buddy at the club has the Easy Sport with a TT46. The Falcon just seems to be faster and a touch "quicker" than the easy Sport.
It slows down fairly well for landings but not as much as a trainer. Semisymmetrical wing for moderate aerobatics.
CG aslo has a low wing version, the Skylark ARF. Looks a bit like the Graduate.

ps. With these two models, I bet that you will always be offerred help from the old timers in your club

Sport_Pilot 03-20-2006 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: simark

I always felt that the Easy Sport was a slightly porkier (heavier) version of the Goldberg Falcon. I have the Falcon III with a OS32, and a buddy at the club has the Easy Sport with a TT46. The Falcon just seems to be faster and a touch "quicker" than the easy Sport.
It slows down fairly well for landings but not as much as a trainer. Semisymmetrical wing for moderate aerobatics.

ps. With these two models, I bet that you will always be offerred help from the old timers in your club

My experiance is just the opposite. The Easy Sport is more like an Ugly Stick than the Falcon. Now maybe that was a very small Falcon to be powered faster than an Easy Sport with a .46, or maybe it was an Easy Sport .60, I don't know. But, the Easy Sport has a fully symentrical airfoil, and lower aspect ratio. Both of which make it fly faster, does more manuevers, and yet still slow down for smooth landings. Other than a sholder wing with a a canopy on top of the wing, they really don't look alike.

britbrat 03-20-2006 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

ORIGINAL: simark

My experiance is just the opposite. The Easy Sport is more like an Ugly Stick than the Falcon. Now maybe that was a very small Falcon to be powered faster than an Easy Sport with a .46, or maybe it was an Easy Sport .60, I don't know. But, the Easy Sport has a fully symentrical airfoil, and lower aspect ratio. Both of which make it fly faster, does more manuevers, and yet still slow down for smooth landings. Other than a sholder wing with a a canopy on top of the wing, they really don't look alike.
I agree with Sport_Pilot. I have found the Easy Sport to be faster, and if perhaps not lighter on its feet, it certainly seems to roll faster & more crisply. It is a bit hotter in landing than a Falcon, but not problematically so.

tailskid 03-21-2006 03:37 PM

I am flying the Graduate and it seems to 'groove' real well....I like it. Also I haven't flown the ARF Easy Sport, just the kit version - and THAT was a great flyer!

Jerry