RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   nexstar fueling prob hellllllp (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/4131030-nexstar-fueling-prob-hellllllp.html)

treedog 04-06-2006 07:28 AM

nexstar fueling prob hellllllp

tryed to fill my nexstar rtf the other day to break the engine in and something happed i've never seen before. i was using the hobbico manual pump first i put it in the fill line as per instructions nothing went into the tank then all the fuel came out of the exust pipe and carb and any other holes it could find. im talking like about 3 oz's of fuel so then i thought well maybe the lines were reversed by some diabolical asian. same thing when i tryed to put fuel in the vent line fuel came out of the other 2 lines. as a last resort i diconnected the fuel line from carb and pumped away this time it came out of the other two lines now ive got 6 oz of fuel on the ground i give up what could be the prob it runs great str8 out of the fuel jug

bubbagates 04-06-2006 08:44 AM

RE: nexstar fueling prob hellllllp

Sounds like the lines in the tank are not correct. Possibly the tank is installed upside down

treedog 04-06-2006 10:13 AM

very true about the tank being upside down but why can't i fill it with all three lines being open and not pluged ? it acts like its not venting properly but at 1 point i had all three open to the air and it still wouldn't allow fuel to flow into the tank [sm=confused.gif]

jaka 04-06-2006 10:21 AM

Hi!
Well its simple...just take the tank apart and you'll find out whats wrong!

Regards!
Jan K
Sweden

bubbagates 04-06-2006 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: treedog

very true about the tank being upside down but why can't i fill it with all three lines being open and not pluged ? it acts like its not venting properly but at 1 point i had all three open to the air and it still wouldn't allow fuel to flow into the tank [sm=confused.gif]
If the vent line is in upside down, then it's into the fuel before you can fill the tank. If the vent is in correctly but the tank is upside down then you still have the same problem.

You need to pull the tank apart and have a look.

If appears by what you have said so far that you have a three line system installed. one for the carb, a sperate one to fill with and the vent/muffler pressure. With the tamk right side up the vent should point towards the top of the tank and the other two lines will always be down in the fuel.

If the vent is wrong or the tank is in upside down, now the vent is at the bottom, the other two lines will still be at the bottom because they will have a clunk at the end of the line which is a weight so that they always remain in the fuel no matter what position the tank is in

stunner 04-07-2006 01:18 AM

i know with the nexstar green is fill pink is exhaust tube and blue is goign to ur carb. Make sure u unplug the pink line from the exhaust before u fill. other wise just take the tank out its very easy access from inside the plane. Just unplug the line and pull it will come right out. Have u taken the tank out before? because the u may have accidently put it in the wrong way.I hope this helps.

treedog 04-07-2006 08:22 PM

ty all i found the prob. the manual pump filled that tank so fast that i didnt think it could be full, as when i looked at it in the bright sunlite the tank looked empty. and its so opaque i didnt notice it. be carefull filling small tanks like that 1 with a pump. the amount of fuel pumped will fool u.
and it is a very tiny tank best to fill it with an eye dropper lol
thx again