RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   tower is getting slow on shipping (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/5255064-tower-getting-slow-shipping.html)

yellerchamp 01-12-2007 06:27 PM

tower is getting slow on shipping

I odered parts in stock and its been 7 days and still dont have the parts? I live within 150 miles of champaign. This is the third time in the past 6 months, unblievable:eek:. Oh well what are you going to do. The frustrating thing I order packages from chicago (300 miles away) and get the package the next day. So its not ups or fed ex.

WhiteRook 01-12-2007 07:09 PM

RE: tower is getting slow on shipping

i agree, a few years ago they used to ship the day after you ordered, NOW , THEY ship 2 days after you order, another words, if you order sunday. they'll ship tues, on standard shipping

NCIS 01-12-2007 07:52 PM

Yeah Your Right,

I am waiting to build my Top Flite Gold Edition Giant Scale F4U Corsair because I don't have the main retracts. First they were back ordered for 2 months and then they say they shipped them USPS on the 5th. Well I got an order from them that was shipped on the 8th on the 10th. I don't think they accually shipped them on Friday the 5th but instead probably on the 8th or 9th and there still not here. I live in southern Wisconsin and they can't be more than 200 miles away. Now it's been 5 business days and there not hear. I'm starting to get really p....d. If they are lost in the mail, then they said after 10 more business days they will ship them again at no charge. Great the mains are on back order again. I should of paid a little more and gotten them direct from Robart. If I don't get them in the next 10 days I'm cancelling my order and having them credit my account. Then I'll pay but I'll get them from Robart![:@]

Gibbs

TexasAirBoss 01-12-2007 09:05 PM

You know whats really great ? Pay for overnight and they wait 3 days and then overnight it !!!!!!! Grrrrr!

oceansfiftyseven 01-12-2007 09:39 PM

Ordering from Tower is definetely getting more and more frustrating. I always look for alternatives and only use Tower as a last resort.

TLH101 01-12-2007 10:06 PM

Thread running on this same topic: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_52...tm.htm#5239613

savage haley 14 01-12-2007 10:09 PM

i ordered about 100 dollars worth of stuff about 2 weeks ago and it still isnt here and they always use to ship somewhat fast especially compared to now

Johnmpa 01-15-2007 02:06 AM

I usually have no problems with Tower Hobbies shipping, but only if you order during the weekday (Mon-Thur), otherwise they wait until the next business day to ship (Fri-Sun). That's why they call it standard shipping, nothing express about it and if you are a Club member, sometimes it does ship faster, sometimes. The only problem I have with Tower Hobbies shipping is the Parts Express for $3.99. They should take the word "express" out of the title, as it takes minimum of 10 days for me to recieve anything via Parts Express, and I've already had about 4 orders where the item was lost in the mail, so they re-shipped it. Recommendations on ordering from Tower - order early in the day, on a Mon, Tue, Wed, or Thur. If you don't get a Parts Express" in 10 business days, call them up for a re-shipment. Also, if you think shipping from their end is bad, just wait until you send something back, it will be weeks before they credit your account.

submikester 01-15-2007 02:27 AM

I the past month I have ordered from them twice on Tuesday or Wednesday and had the items by Friday, I live in CA and the stuff shipped out of their nevada location.

Had gifts from family sent to me via Tower and they arrived quickly as well.

Lots of bad to say by some but I have nothing but good myself.

carrellh 01-16-2007 02:44 PM

I read these threads from time to time. I've never experienced any problems.

I never do any kind of express shipping. I'm never in a real hurry for anything I order online. If I'm in a hurry I pay LHS prices.

My last order was placed on Friday, 12/17
Shipped Monday, 12/18 (UPS)
Delivered Friday, 12/22

I really didn't expect it to be delivered before Christmas, so it was a nice surprise.

Charlie P. 01-16-2007 02:52 PM

Ordered 1/08/2007. $600 for 85 item lines with no back-orders or misses. Arrived 1/11/2007 to the middle of NY with "standard" shipping.

No complaints. But then, I am a member of their "Super Sucker's" Club. :)