RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   Telesport 40 by Hobby-Lobby? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/5382434-telesport-40-hobby-lobby.html)

tonywayne 02-06-2007 11:31 PM

Telesport 40 by Hobby-Lobby?

Hobby-lobby stopped selling it a long time ago. They put a nice blue and yellow color scheme on it for display. Just wandering if any of you no where I can find this kit online or at least a pic of it so I can copy the color scheme. Thanks………………. Tony

fokker20planes 02-09-2007 06:47 AM

RE: Telesport 40 by Hobby-Lobby?

Tonywayne, I'll tell you what I try to do. I have a large collection of old RCM magazines. If I can find an ad for the telesport and it's color scheme that you are looking for I will try to send it to you. I have not had much luck posting stuff here. But I would be happy to snail mail it to you if that is acceptable. One of the old mags even did a review on this kit. If I can find this article I will copy it. I have never had much luck finding this kit. Many people have never heard of this kit.

tonywayne 02-09-2007 08:37 PM

thanks fokker... That would be great if you could email it to me, but i dont know what snailmail is. I found the kit on ebay a year or so ago but its not there now, wish i would have bought it. I cant believe i cant find it anywhere on the net. I actualy have the VHS tape of it that i ordered from hobby-lobby years ago, im in the mil and its back home packed up somwhere. Thanks alot for you help man..... Tony

fokker20planes 02-12-2007 12:08 PM

Tony,
After searching through the old RCM's I came across 2 ads for the telesport. One is nearly a full size ad showing the plane flying away from you. The other is a smaller picture showing a head on view. Both views combined should give you an idea of its color scheme, although neither view shows what the underneath looks like. Snail Mail means I will put the pictures in an envelope and mail them to you. Attempts to scan them on my ancient printer and then put them on a disk did not work. If you don't mind sending me an address I can send the pictures to I will have them in the mail tomorrow. Just send it to me in a private message. The stamp is on me!

fokker20planes 02-14-2007 08:37 AM

Tony, pics are in the mail today. Let me know if they arrive okay. Good luck on duplicating the color scheme!

tonywayne 02-14-2007 08:23 PM

Ill do that, Hope it wasnt to much trouble for you. I havnt picked a kit yet to put the scheme on, but im thinking about a goldbirg tiger kit. Its simalar in looks to the old telesport as far as i remember. I might try and round off the stabs and the wing tips on the tiger to give it that vintage look like the telesport had. Anyways thanks agen man. Anything i could help you with or any Q's i would be glad to help. Tony

tonywayne 02-14-2007 08:31 PM

Ohh yah the four star was on my list also......

fokker20planes 02-15-2007 06:32 AM

I can vouch for the 4 star. Easy build and a pretty gentle plane to fly. It would probably be more fun if the wing was shortened and the control surfaces increased in size. The telesport sorta looks like the old Sportsters series which I believe was kitted by Great Planes. I suppose they are as rare to find as the telesport.