RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   Let's hear your BIGGEST beef in RC... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/5819986-lets-hear-your-biggest-beef-rc.html)

PointMagu 05-06-2007 08:40 PM

Let's hear your BIGGEST beef in RC...

Mine happens to be Futaba's 2-part servo grommet and those d*mn tiny eyelets! LOL...

What's yours?

PM

jetmech05 05-06-2007 09:12 PM

RE: Let's hear your BIGGEST beef in RC...

lets see people that dont fly the pattern,which ties with students that are demanding or wont listen

octanehuffer 05-06-2007 09:16 PM

Cutting off the tip of a thin CA bottle but accidently squeezing it to hold. Snip the tip and I got CA squirted in my eyes.:(
(smiley pun intended)

sscherin 05-06-2007 11:08 PM

Choosing not to prep any planes for flying the next day due to a bad weather report and having it turn out to be a perfect sunny day. (I'd kill for a quick field TX/RX charger) Hello wife?? No?? DOH!

Having 2 7C TX's and bringing the wrong one to the field.

Desertlakesflying 05-06-2007 11:43 PM

Having Mac and cheese for 3 meals a day too many days of the month because I spend too much on this hobby............LOL

Rod Bender 05-06-2007 11:46 PM

Living 40 miles to the nearest field, I mean legal field ;) .............. Greg

Insanemoondoggie 05-07-2007 04:57 AM

Club members who don`t follow the rules.

acam37 05-07-2007 05:27 AM

Straight slot control horn screws.

TFF 05-07-2007 06:06 AM

Hobby shops with nothing in them.

rcdivot 05-07-2007 06:27 AM

The Weather!

Rod Bender 05-07-2007 08:01 AM

ORIGINAL: TFF
Hobby shops with nothing in them.
"Michales" doesn't count !!!!!!! :D

MinnFlyer 05-07-2007 09:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Insanemoondoggie

Club members who don`t follow the rules.
Club members that make me follow the rules :D

fancman 05-07-2007 09:54 AM

Modelers that won't take the time to at least read an owners manual (engine, radio, ARF, Batt Charger) before they start asking questions about how things work. READ READ READ!!!!:D:D:D

PointMagu 05-07-2007 11:29 AM

fancman,

Maybe they're reading-comprehension challenged, LOL...

When I got my 7CAP Futaba,(my 1st computer radio), I read that manual front to back, took it to the head, to the field and STILL ended up asking programing questions. I sold that radio after only 4 months and bought a 9C. I can't BELIEVE how much easier this one is over the 7C.

So far, the only question I've asked was to remind me how to switch back and forth from PCM mode :-)~

PM

Kaos Rulz 05-07-2007 11:37 AM

Unleashed pets at the field. (Children too)

rcdude7 05-07-2007 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: ED STEFAN

Unleashed pets at the field. (Children too)
I agree, and it is usually the spectators who know nothing about the hobby who turn thier little ones loose running through the pits. Many of these people don't understand what a DA-150 @ full power can do to a little one. After all, these are just big toys:D

fancman 05-07-2007 12:18 PM

I had the 7 channel way back too and at that time there was a book published by someon else like DOS for dummies that you needed to make sense of the programming instructions. Once I had that book it was much easier.:D:D The 9C manual is way easier to use.

I just had a thought.......there probably aren't many reading this thread that know what DOS is. LOL I'm dating myself with that statement. :D:D:D

PointMagu 05-07-2007 01:28 PM

DOS, Fortran,Cobal, and NEXT are terms that equate to Galloping Ghost, Reed and Escapements in our hobby...

I remember when Orbit released their, "fully proportional" 5 channel. Unless you knew your way around a soldering iron and built Heathkits, Orbit radios were the cat's ass back then.

Features such as "open gimbals" and multicon connectors were hot selling points in all the publications. Linear output servos and servo "bricks" were big advertising points, too!

We used to pop the servo cases open periodically and clean the wiper pots and check all the solder joints for vibration or stress breaks. Man, them was the days...

Come to think of it, up until they started using synthetics in our fuels, I can't recall ever being constipated, either!

:-)
PM

KW_Counter 05-07-2007 02:47 PM

Pets are now fully discussed in our field safety rules.
They are wonderful to have there. They are fun to play with.
Let's keep them safe so they'll come back next week.
KW_Counter

Steve Collins 05-07-2007 02:49 PM

Club members who see themselves as politicians and who want to make it their business "mess" with other members.

Non-flying members who do their damndest to dictate how and what everyone else will fly.

Club members with a hidden agenda who cry "SAFETY" as their emotional argument when nothing unsafe is going on.

rclement 05-07-2007 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: rcdivot

The Weather!
I'll second that!! [>:] Every thing else is tolerable

rclement 05-07-2007 03:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Steve Collins

Non-flying members who do their damndest to dictate how and what everyone else will fly.

I've seen that happen too...... Yuk!

fancman 05-07-2007 03:41 PM

The first radio I ever owned was a Heathkit 8 channel. :D When I got done with that I built their 25" color TV. Man I had a lot of time on my hands back then. :D:D:D

fancman 05-07-2007 03:43 PM

The so called club expert, the guy always talking and spewing opinions, that somehow always seems to have the most influence on the new guys who swallow everything he says as gospel.

bluestratos 05-07-2007 03:55 PM

Terrible instruction manual for the Futaba 14MZ. Your basically on your own to learn the most complicated radio on the Market. The radio is great, the manual... what manual??? oh that stack of lose leaf pages that tell me how to play music on my radio, lol... right...