RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   HOW LONG DOES GREYHOUND TAKE TO SHIP LARGE AIRPLANE???? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/7873985-how-long-does-greyhound-take-ship-large-airplane.html)

airbusdrvr 08-22-2008 11:55 AM

HOW LONG DOES GREYHOUND TAKE TO SHIP LARGE AIRPLANE????

A couple of years ago I had an airplane shipped from Kansas which took close to two weeks. However, it was trapped in a snow storm that closed Kansas for about a week. I'm now waiting for an airplane from a mid US city to arrive in Florida that was shipped nearly two weeks ago. I was just curious what others have experienced for shipping times. Please give distance(or departure and arrival city) and the number of days for arrival. Thanks

BarracudaHockey 08-22-2008 12:20 PM

RE: HOW LONG DOES GREYHOUND TAKE TO SHIP LARGE AIRPLANE????

There is priorty shipping and space available. Priorty is next bus out but its a lot more expensive.

Space A has taken me over two weeks to get to Memphis from Jacksonville.

firstplaceaviator 08-22-2008 03:21 PM

Last year, I shipped a Byron F-16 by standard Greyhound service. It took 16 days to go from Akron Oh. to Kissimmee Fl. However, I have shipped a bunch of smaller planes that usually arrived within a week. The F-16 sat in the Atlanta terminal for over a week.[:o]

GPX Deferred (Standard Service)

* Shipments move on a space-available basis (no guaranteed time of arrival)
* Flexible pick-up and delivery options
* Packages, boxes and letters up to 100 pounds per piece

ceecrb1 08-23-2008 04:17 AM

Call me mental and all.
But surely greyhound would be a better place to ask than an RC forum????

carrellh 08-23-2008 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: ceecrb1
surely greyhound would be a better place to ask than an RC forum????
He did ask for people's personal experiences.

firstplaceaviator posted the company description of Greyhound's GPX Deferred service. No guaranteed time of arrival.

People who have used the service have posted WIDELY varying experiences. There are reports of crates being left outside in the rain and snow for several days, crates sitting around terminals for long periods of time, etc.

airbusdrvr 08-23-2008 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: ceecrb1

Call me mental and all.
But surely greyhound would be a better place to ask than an RC forum????
Having received only one Greyhound shipped box and now awaiting another, I was just curious what other's experiences had been with them. Unlike UPS or Fedex, there is neither an expected delivery date nor a way to track an item. The reason we use Greyhound is that the cost to ship a large box(airplane) is much less than with UPS or Fedex. But with this lower cost goes the acceptance of an unpredictable delivery schedule. I was just wondering if weeks is the norm or, as carrellh stated, maybe my plane is sitting somewhere soaking up Tropical Storm Fay

tailskid 08-23-2008 06:31 PM

Shipped an ARF (NIB) and it got 'lost' - never did arrive. Should have covered the box with paper I guess....pic was too inviting for someone. Glad I insured it for $200 (the first $100 if free) and I had a heck of a time getting that check! That took over 6 months but it finally arrived.