RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   will never buy from nitroplane again (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/7886675-will-never-buy-nitroplane-again.html)

SHEPSTER 08-26-2008 12:49 AM

will never buy from nitroplane again

i had some missing part from my biplane, no biggie , i thought. i have been dealing with them for over two month and still have not received my missing parts. i got emails stating we will get to you asap. passed from one person to the other,50 e-mails and several phone calls. i was told my parts would be shipped.this is like a month and half later.well i got a trackin number.though finially im getting my parts to put this together before summer is over.it sit for 5 days listed under received electronic info sent.it was suppose to be delivered aug.25 .nevewr came.so for the 51st email i ask what is up. they said we reshipped it.how could it be reshipped if it never went out in the first place.ive sent 2 more emails asking if theres a tracking number. and as usual no response. i ve bought 7 planes and 3 helicopter just since may.i just want to warn fellow rc ers i wouldnt order from this site. ive never been treated worse in my life. nothing but pure neglect from these people.youve been warned.

LuftwaffeOberst 08-26-2008 09:32 AM

RE: will never buy from nitroplane again

I agree, your not alone brother... I had my share of problems not only with the company, but with the cheapness of the ARF and it's terrible quality.

Luftwaffe Oberst
Radio Aero Modelers Club
District II
Pulaski, NY

Supporter of RedNeck R/C- Fulton, NY

JohnW 08-26-2008 10:21 AM

I guess I have to ask “What did you expect?” Buy a cheap airplane from a company known for having bargain basement prices and then expect stellar service and well made planes? Both service and quality come at a price. Kind of like the age old saying of “you can have it done right, fast, and cheap… pick any two.” As for Nitroplanes.com, close friends of mine have them and I've flown their planes many times. My buds had nothing bad to say about the company. Yeah, the planes are not the top of the line, not the best built, but boy they sure were super cheap and they flew just fine.

42etus 08-26-2008 06:48 PM

Use the money you saved at Nitro to buy yourself a computer that has a shift key.

Edwin 08-26-2008 07:03 PM

I quit buyng from them for this reason. I had ok luck with their planes, but I'm selling them off to move on to better projects. Takes a lot of work to make them reliable flyers. At least it can be done. I would rather put the effort into the Yellow spitfire I got next in the que.
Edwin

Jetdesign 08-26-2008 08:19 PM

Try getting some help from the Nitromodels help subforum in the ARF/RTF forum. Supposedly that's the best route for service.

kid chuckles 08-27-2008 06:11 AM

Same here never again. And I warn all that i can. One time is all it took for me.

Gray Beard 08-27-2008 02:35 PM

Anyone ever bother to read anymore?? That is not one of the better companys selling A better product. You can read about them in both magazines and on the net, other then the price there isn't much good said about them. I have seen and flown A few of there planes and they are OK after the repairs or changes have been made. Pay A few bucks more nad get something well built. Give someone like Wild Hare A try and see the difference.

alfredbmor 08-27-2008 05:59 PM

I have read many posts of angry people claiming for service at the nitroplane thread; just enough to stay away from them no matter how good could be their planes. I only have seen three of them at my local field, one of them was sold before flown (Cessna) I can't say nothing about it just a poor quality hardware. The next one I saw was a Pole Cat in its very first flight falling because of fluttering and loosing elevators and rudder (the owner, which has at least 20 years building models swears that he used enough ca on hinges). The third one, a yellow mustang, had only 10 flights and mysteriously crashed on the approach in hands of an experienced pilot. I do not doubt that he could have a dumb thumb moment, but that is enough info for me.
This is a very personal appreciation.

Jester241 08-27-2008 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well........not that I care,but our club instructor bought a NICE 80 some inch yak from nitro planes and its a great plane. The only thing negative to mention would be when he stepped on his canopy and broke it,he had to order one for something else because nitro didnt sell a replacement canopy.

kid chuckles 08-29-2008 07:39 AM

And one out of a thousand ain't that bad lol.