RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   Everyone has problems with the wife (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/9384808-everyone-has-problems-wife.html)

TSHARK203 01-03-2010 10:41 PM

Everyone has problems with the wife

I just had to post this because I thought it was funny. I was watching Keeping up with the Kardashians and even Bruce Jenner "who I am sure has the money" has to beg for money, from his wife to buy his hobby products for his rc heli addiction. He went to his daughter and asked her for cash to buy and new heli so that his wife would not see the check or charge on the card. So I guess it doesn't matter how much money you have - no wife likes this hobby.....lol

DavidAgar 01-03-2010 10:59 PM

RE: Everyone has problems with the wife

My wife likes the hobby, no issue's at all. Dave

MinnFlyer 01-03-2010 11:00 PM

My wife's too busy buying shoes to notice

RCKen 01-03-2010 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

My wife's too busy buying shoes to notice
... until she starts movign those shoes into Manland!!!!!;)

Ken

MinnFlyer 01-03-2010 11:39 PM

I'm moving "Manland" into my own house soon!

It'll be "ManWorld"! :D

TUMBLER 01-03-2010 11:42 PM

LOL I just watched that with my girlfriend and then did a search to see if I could find vids of him flying and thats how I found this thread. He seems like a really nice guy and is always playing with his helis or on the sim in alot of the episodes.

Brian

RCKen 01-03-2010 11:51 PM

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

I'm moving "Manland" into my own house soon!

It'll be "ManWorld"! :D
Oh oh oh oh oh, do Iget an invite to come help you move and setup Manworld???

Ken

42etus 01-04-2010 12:02 AM

My wife's great. I pointed out that I was thinking of scratch building a twin engine plane, and that the engines were on sale, 50% off.
She said that since they were on sale I should buy four of them......................so I did.:D:D:D
Paul

Insanemoondoggie 01-04-2010 12:04 AM

Ken,after she gets done cleaning him out, he'll be looking to move in with you.lol Unless he has a prenuptial agreement.

ChuckW 01-04-2010 12:14 AM

My wife is very good about my hobby. Right now though I am trying to convince her to buy me an engine for my new GP Shoestring. I'm telling her that since my birthday is in early March, she can just get me the engine now as an early gift. She's not going for it. Last time I brought it up she mentioned that she already had a "thoughtful" birthday gift picked out for me. That means I won't like it.[&o]

I guess I will have to buy my own engine and pretend to like whatever she ends up giving me.

timcat26 01-04-2010 01:08 AM

I asked for a Sundowner 50 for Christmas. I even sent her a link to get it from a local source for $179.00.

I got a "Deluxe" Shiatsu massage pad for my office chair, with heat and full range massage features, which when idle feels like you're sitting with 2 baseballs lodged against your kidneys. When active it feels like a6 year old is hitting you in the back with a baseball bat.

What do y'all think she's trying to tell me? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif

P.S.: She's also very good about the Hobby in general, although I usually see a Macy's bill right after a new plane arrives. I guess I gotta get a P.O. Box from a place that accepts UPS shipments and a Self Storage place to work on planes.

MinnFlyer 01-04-2010 06:46 AM

ORIGINAL: RCKen

do I get an invite to come help you move and setup Manworld???

Hell yea! But I told her we're not selling the house till the snow is gone!

But you're more than welcome to help out! I even found a great place with a perfect studio/shop area :D

Rudolph Hart 01-04-2010 08:01 AM

oh no..have you guys watched brokeback mountain yet??:)

RACE 66 01-04-2010 08:41 AM

I guess I am very fortunate !! First of all my wife married into the hobby, (she didn't know any better) that was 31 years ago. Now that I have a dedicated shop, if I haven't been out in the "shop" in a few days, she'll quiry me, "why haven't you gone out in the shop lately ! "[sm=omg_smile.gif] Yeah she's a "keeper"

Greg Wright 01-04-2010 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
NOT ME I GOT RID OF THAT PROBLEM FIVE YEARS AGO[/b].:):):)

Greg Wright

Not a JR Rep/ But Would Love To Be One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dignlivn 01-04-2010 11:10 AM

My wife doesn't understand why I need more
than 4 planes. I'm really wanting a Gasser, to
save on fuel cost. I have no kits to build and
cabin fever is setting in real bad :)

Bob

TomBates 01-04-2010 01:27 PM

As a newbie who needs lots of stuff to get started I have to admit my wife is great. She doesn't complain a bit about me buying all this new stuff. When I first startedI said "Look at it this way. I could be sitting ina gin mill sucking up thebooze". She agreed on the spot.:-)

oldvet70 01-04-2010 01:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My wife is also a pilot so she is very understanding. I ran out of room in the garage recently so I have these two in the living room for the winter. She doesn't care so long as she gets to fly them if she wants to.

crustychief 01-04-2010 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: 42etus

My wife's great. I pointed out that I was thinking of scratch building a twin engine plane, and that the engines were on sale, 50% off.
She said that since they were on sale I should buy four of them......................so I did.:D:D:D
Paul

Watch out for that.

PacificNWSkyPilot 01-04-2010 03:48 PM

I am on wife number 5. The 4 divorces did involve R/C, but plenty of other stuff too. I don't believe in quitting or giving up, why should I quit just because I was lied to? Let THEM quit, I was looking for love before them, and I guess that makes them nothing more than an unwelcome interruption. I liked R/C from the start, how can somebody you meet reasonably expect you to give that up when you never said you would be willing to?

Love is still out there, all it takes is two honest people who can communicate. Occasionally,if you keep at it you get lucky.

I finally got one that doesn't want to spend all my money on stupid things like installing a $50,000.00 solar system on the house in Maine and taking the house off the grid, or taking 8 vacations a year, all of them to one of the GROWN kids' houses! I'm an easy-going guy, but damn, there are LIMITS!

We've been together going on 4 years now, and my lady can have anything I have and I would not question it or resent her for it. She's a keeper. She does amazing things around the house, just when I think she's an amazing interior decorator she surprises me by doing it even better, and then if that's not enough she's an amazing one-man (one-gal?) landscaping crew.

If I wanted to, I could go out and fly all the time or work in my new garage-shop on my planes all the time. I'm not limited on my spending on the planes, I could go out and buy anything I want, but I try to reign myself in and keep it real. She doesn't really get the attraction of the planes to me, but then again, I come in once in a while and find her sitting there crashing planes on my simulator. And I DO mean crashing! I suppose to be perfectly honest, there is not ONE, but TWO people I was not able to teach how to fly in my whole life.....she's one of them, bless her cute little heart.

If there was a wife-of-the-year award, I would nominate her in a second!

You guys all know me, so you know what I mean when I say I don't deserve her. But since she'll have me, I'm keeping her anyway!

PacificNWSkyPilot 01-04-2010 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: oldvet70

My wife is also a pilot so she is very understanding. I ran out of room in the garage recently so I have these two in the living room for the winter. She doesn't care so long as she gets to fly them if she wants to.
Grants Pass, Oregon.....

I'd think you'd run out of HEAT in the garage first! LOL

Nice STOL......

Steve Landron 01-04-2010 03:53 PM

I don't have any problems with my wife Molly. The only real problems I have ever had in a marriage were with my ex- wife Barbara who at the time was a real control freak, made is six years with her before I gave up. My marriage to my wife Molly has been going for 19 years and we're still going strong. I've said it before you need a balance in a good relationship, PERIOD. Don't expect to treat someone like C**P and them to stick around indefinitely. Most people's tolerance levels are indeed a finite resource.

Steve

[8D]

TBONE6 01-04-2010 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: crustychief

ORIGINAL: 42etus

Paul

Watch out for that.

now THAT'S FUNNY!!!..................kindahttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sappointed.gif

oldvet70 01-04-2010 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: TexasSkyPilot

ORIGINAL: oldvet70

Grants Pass, Oregon.....

I'd think you'd run out of HEAT in the garage first! LOL

Nice STOL......
You would unless you install heat in the garage, that was the wife's idea. It's been pretty cool here this year but I can normally fly all year long. In reality the fishing equipment and duck and goose decoys are in my way right now but when it warms up a little more I'll rearrange all that and get those planes out there. Of course there is a yet to be built P-51, a P-40 and a Do-335 in the bedroom so I suspect there will be planes in my house forever. It was like that growing up.

The PC-6 and I are old friends from way back. Here's a real Air America one in flight in a Galaxy Far Far Away.

PacificNWSkyPilot 01-04-2010 05:09 PM

Room to work...always at a premium, to be sure....

Organization is PRECIOUS when we're trying to fit our planes in with other household stuff.

I built shelves all the way around my garage, 2 ft X 8 ft, 4 shelves high, and it was just enough to give me breathing room for my planes. Very little to spare. But enough.

Steve, congrats on 19 years... good job to you both...it ain't easy!