Notices

Welcome QQ Aircraft Company!

Old 03-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Welcome QQ Aircraft Company!

I'm glad to announce QQ Aircraft will be providing RCU members with support for all their products:

Hello Everyone,

Wayne and I have noticed that there have been some problems with a very few of our airplanes, especially the last shipment of the Yak 102". We stand behind our airplanes and we will help each and everyone of you that have had problems. We want to be as close as possible to our customers and support them as much as we can. We are working very closely with our OEM to improve the quality control. We are very confident that we have the best flying Yak-54's in the market as this have been proved many times. We will do our best to support you with any problems that may currently exist with a few of our planes.

Unfortunately designing airplanes and competing takes a lot of our time and makes it really hard for Wayne and I to be able to support this community on Rcuniverse in a timely manner, therefore I have designated a close friend and modeler who is really passionate about flying and helping other fellow flyers to be the bridge between this community and QQ Aircraft. Reza (Ray) Gholamipour will check this forum to answer your questions and help you out with our airplanes. If he is unable to support you himself, he will let Wayne and I know to assist you further. I hope that by doing this we will get as close as possible to you and learn more about your experiences to be better able to improve our airplane quality and provide you with the best customer service possible.

At the end I'd like to mention once again that we at QQ Aircraft are striving to provide you aerobatic airplanes with absolutely the best flying performance and quality.

Thank you for choosing our airplanes for your flying,
Quique Somenzini
President
Quique's Aircraft Company
Old 03-22-2006, 06:37 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Welcome QQ Aircraft Company!

This is an excellent idea [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-22-2006, 06:40 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a proud owner of an 85" version of the QQ yak and am glad to help out in any way possible!
Old 03-22-2006, 06:44 PM
sunvalleyfarms

I'm happy to see this forum . I'm a proud owner of an 102"" YAK 54 let me know if I can help out !!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your kind and warm welcomes. We will do our best to help you out with your questions and concerns faster and better. I will be checking on this forum hopefully every night or every other night and will answer your questions as much as I can and when need be Quique and Wayne will also get involve and help you further. We at QQ Aircraft hope that with your help we establish a close relation with our current and future customers. I personally just put together an 85" with DA50 and even though there is lots of info on another thread but will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Let me thank you in advance for your support,
Reza
Quique's Aircraft Support
Old 03-22-2006, 09:07 PM
shakes268

Hello!
I am also a proud owner of a 85" QQ Yak. This new forum is a great idea and look forward to helping out any way I can.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:58 PM
shogunmst
My Feedback: (3)

Hi All, I am looking for another 85" plane to assemble and I'm really considering the 85" Yak..... I have my DA50 from my recently departed WH Edge 540 and looing for another airframe to install it in..... Now to all of you folks flying this plane, is it as good as everyone says it is? Just want your opions since I've never seen one fly. Looking for stable fast and slow flight characteristics and good for 3D as well. Thanks All
Shogun
Old 03-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Rezagh

Hello Shogun,

I have flown this airplane myself and you have my words that it will fly incredible. I have a video on the 102 inch and all I can tell you is that 85" also flies as good as the 102". Take a look at below video on my website and let me know what you think. As far as DA50 combination your total weight will be around 15-15 1/2 lbs and the plane will land at almost 0 speed. Very light wing loading and incredible response on the control surfaces. You can not go wrong and like I said I guarantee this. PM me or call Wayne if you wanted to order one.

for the video goto www.gholamipour.com and click on the last video.

Thank you for your interest in QQ-Yak 54,
Reza
Old 03-23-2006, 09:29 AM
kredge540

On that video of the 102", were was flying feild and any idea what the temperature was. I would like to know if you had any baffeling in the front of cowl for the motor. I just finished a 102" with a 3W 106, wondering if I may need it.

Thanks. Great idea to have the support forum!!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Rezagh

Flying field is located in southern california. Temp around 70. Plane has DA100 on it with no baffle. I just got off the phone with Wayne and he said he doesn't think that Quique has any baffles on his plane with 3W. Open it up from bottom generously and you should be fine. Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Reza
Old 03-23-2006, 11:53 AM
shakes268

Since Mark Leseberg flies the 102" and lives in Arizona, he might be a good person to ask regarding the baffling. I'd just post the question over in his forum here on Team RCU and ask - couldn't hurt.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:30 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts

ORIGINAL: kredge540

On that video of the 102", were was flying feild and any idea what the temperature was. I would like to know if you had any baffeling in the front of cowl for the motor. I just finished a 102" with a 3W 106, wondering if I may need it.

Thanks. Great idea to have the support forum!!!!
That looks like PVMAC in Chino, California. I think the elevation there is around 700-800 feet.

I am a not-so-proud owner of the 102" Yak. I am one of the claimed "very few" people that are quite dissatisfied with the overall finish of this plane for the $1175 price tag. The biggest problems are the very poor trim line cutting, scratched up finish, poor finish sanding all over, but especially the bevels, which might as well not be there, and "predrilled" control horn holes that are all off, making proper geometry setup a real PITA!!
I have gotten a lot of sympathy from Wayne at QQ aircraft, but not much else. Then again, I haven't asked for anything. However, I hope they remember me if/when I order a second set of stabs for IMAC flying and, at the very, very least they pic through there stock and assure I have stabs of the utmost quality with bevels that are actually flat and come to a point!!!
I will admit that I am still assembling it and haven't had the reported pleasure of fliying it, yet, and everyone says I will forget about all this stuff when I do fly it. I am sure it will fly quite well, but I don't think I will forget about the money I paid to get what I got.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Rezagh

bodywerks,

Sorry to hear about all the problems that you have been going through. I can feel you man. Once you are done building it and fly it couple of times, I assure you that you feel a lot better. Also about your stab, we will do our best to help you out. No worries, just when the time comes give Wayne a call or PM me. By the way, right on the money, flying field is PVMAC. How did you know?

Quique has gotten in touch with the OEM and they are doing their best to straighten up these things and make their customers happy. First batch of these airplanes didn't have any covering problem but the second batch got a few. I totally understand when you pay high dollars you expect nothing less for your money and I applogize for this and we will make it up to you not by words but by action.

Get the plane done and fly it and let us know if you need help with anything.

Reza
Old 03-23-2006, 06:34 PM
bodywerks

I am a California native, and I flew there before several years ago with Jim Porrep. I know it is a spinoff club of the old R/C county (their flying field used to be where the Ontario mills mall is now!) I also know G-money (Gary), somewhat, and I was there for the first-annual cirkus-style fly-in.
I will definitely be taking you guys up on the offer soon. I don't have many pics of the problems I speak of, but I can take some if needed. I do have this pic of the gap required for me to get still only 4-1/4" (as you know, Quique recommends 4-1/2 for 3D) of throw on the elevators, and that's with the servos working hard. This was prior to actually gluinng the hinges, but the gap is still the same or slightly larger:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38140.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	431706  
Old 03-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Rezagh

are you talking about the gap between stab and elevator? Also did you say that you are getting 4 1/4" throw instead of 4 1/2"? Up or down or both? those throws are really over kill and most likely 1/4" won't affect the 3D perfomance but I do understand that you need to get the ultimate that plane is capable of. As far as our offer goes once you are done building the plane. Fly it and give us a call or email me, let us know what you need. We will do our best to make you happy. At Quique's Aircraft we have done our best to help out our customers and we will continue doing our best as long as we can.

I know you have not been happy about your plane quality as I have read it in many different forums and postings, we will do our best to make it up. One of the reason that we have a support forum is to be closer to our customers and assist them in any way we can.

Thank you,
Reza
Old 03-24-2006, 06:55 AM
bodywerks

I am talking about the gap in the hingeline, it should be close to ZERO gap, not 1/8".
And my max throw before binding the servos is 4-1/8 to 4-1/4" as measured by the stab L.E and elevator counterbalance. As for being overkill, I disagree. Quique stresses quite clearly that it is important to follow his set-up throws to get the very most out of the plane, and control throws is a pretty important part of it. It may be only 1/4" difference, but on some planes it is the difference between wing-rock and no wing-rock in harrier and other stall maneuvers.
Oh, and yes, the throws are limited in both up and down elevator.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Rezagh

Hi Everyone,

I know that most of you have done this already but make sure that you seal your Ailerons and Elevators hinge lines on 73", 85" and 102". You can do this with bright yellow ultra coat from top. Make sure you cut one piece of bright yellow ultra coat to the proper size for example for 85" is 36 1/2" by 1" for Ailerons or 11 7/8" by 1/2" for Elevators. By doing this you shouldn't be worry about a slight gap that may still exist.

We are also working on new manuals that will be released for 73", 85" and 102". These manuals are detail oriented and will be more help to those of you that this may be your first 50cc or 100cc project.

Thank you,
Reza

Name:	Rp42297.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	432832   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89259.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	432833   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm22986.jpg
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	432834  
Old 03-25-2006, 01:57 PM
shakes268

I sealed mine from the bottom using transparent ultracoat. Does top or bottom really matter?
Old 03-25-2006, 03:24 PM
bodywerks

Nope, no difference, performance wise. I used the Dubro foamy hinge tape because it only sticks when you ask it to, it's pretty tough, and easy to apply.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Rezagh

No. Just for the look of it. Performance wise no difference.

Thank you,
Reza
Old 03-26-2006, 07:47 AM
cap10b

Thanks Wayne, Ray, Quique:
For coming up with the support area. Got my 85" Yak 54 last week and just received my 3W-50I from AI. Looking forward to building and flying my Yak.

Thanks All

JDS
Old 03-29-2006, 05:43 PM
discusmike
My Feedback: (2)

Just started building my 85" yak for the summer,glad this thread is here.I'm sure i'll have many questions.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Rezagh

Hi There,

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions that you may have. We will release a detailed manual very soon.
Just remember each Aileron has 8 hinges, double hinge at each end.

Elevator 3
Rudder 4

Thank you,
Reza

Name:	Db84586.jpg
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	435445  
Old 03-29-2006, 06:16 PM
jdavera

DOUBLE HINGE AT EACH END!!!!!!!!! [:@][:@]

THANKS,

TOO LATE
Old 03-29-2006, 11:00 PM
shakes268

ORIGINAL: jdavera

DOUBLE HINGE AT EACH END!!!!!!!!! [:@][:@]

THANKS,

TOO LATE

I wish we had this diagram 2 months ago

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.