New QQ-Yak 86"

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New QQ-Yak 86"

Hello All,

QQ Aircraft will be producing new and enhanced QQ-Yak 86" to be available by Mid September. This new plane will have around 20 modifications done to make it an easier kit to build and balance, with same or superior flying performance.

Some of mods are as follows:

1. Canister room.
2. Removable Stab.
3. Built in throttle tray
4. Ready to install tank tray
5. Longer nose to help balance the plane with shorter stand offs and without having to move the battery on engine box with light engines.
6. New scheme

Plane will weigh the same or lighter.

Thank you,
Reza
Quique's Aircraft Support
Old 06-06-2006, 04:56 PM
shakes268

Default RE: New QQ-Yak 86"

Any chance of a peek at the new scheme?
Old 06-07-2006, 02:20 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Post Deleted by mike

Mike
Old 06-07-2006, 02:40 AM
Merkaba

Woa...is this gonna work with a DA 50? I'm guessing so. Taking any preorders?
And yea....Would love to see the scheme
Old 06-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Rezagh

Mike,

Are you suggesting that Quique doesn't build model aircrafts, wow that's a little harsh? Thank you for your comments. I do welcome constructive suggestions to improve the manual but I do not appreciate your approach. All the manuals are proof read by Quique and Wayne. I think you should take a look around when talking about "Standard of Manual" and I believe if you do that, you will find the new manual right on top! I'm sure it can be improved like anything else and that's why we are open to good suggestions. We have had lots of emails and comments on the manual that shows us, our customers have less problems with the new manual than the original ones. I sometimes think no matter what you do, there's going to be one that is not happy but let's keep it respectful for everyone. I am yet to see any company that gives this kind of on-line support to its customers! Hopefully some would appreciate it but certainly I don't expect everyone to do so.

By the way, this is a new product announcement thread not meant for manual or other discussion, let's keep it under the subject.

Reza
ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Rezagh

And a new manual? Please if you can get it proof read by someone that builds model aircraft and has writing experience.

You have a great product line that is let down by the standard of the manual. Most people will down load a manual if available prior to purchase, at that point perceptions and ideas of the standard of a product are formed, if the manual is of a professional quality then they can expect a professional product.

Mike
Old 06-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Rezagh

Merkaba,

Yes, it will be set up with DA50. No preorders at this point until they are actually on the way. Thank you for your interest.

Reza
Old 06-07-2006, 11:27 AM
buildflycrash

I now think everyone on RCU is aware with your dissatisfaction with the manual. Give it a rest!

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Rezagh

And a new manual? Please if you can get it proof read by someone that builds model aircraft and has writing experience.

You have a great product line that is let down by the standard of the manual. Most people will down load a manual if available prior to purchase, at that point perceptions and ideas of the standard of a product are formed, if the manual is of a professional quality then they can expect a professional product.

Mike
Old 06-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Merkaba

ok thanks.....
Still no chance of seeing the scheme? I'm pressing because I'm about one day away from ordering the 85. If the new one is nicer looking(aesthetics is big for me) I'll just wait. In any event, thanks for the replies and thanks for the online support you guys do, even though I dont have anything from you yet!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Rezagh

Hi Merkaba,

We haven't got the prototype yet, so there is no way I can take any pic. It will be same colors as the current 85", bottom the same and top more like Python. There are some pics of the Python in the other thread. The 85" looks really good and I'm sure the new 86" will look as good too. Flying wise they will be really close, it's just a matter of having room for canister and other mods to make it easier to build and stransport such as removable stab.

Thank you for your comments on our support, we truly appreciate it.

Reza
Old 06-08-2006, 04:16 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rezagh

I was not for one moment suggesting that Quique does not build aircraft, but point taken and will not comment on the standard of manual again. Please feel free to remove my comments on the manual from this thread.

Mike
Old 06-08-2006, 08:48 AM
Merkaba

Thanks
Old 06-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Rezagh

Hi Mike,

Don't worry about it. Thank you for your understanding. Please feel free to send me a list of things that you think need more work. I will be more than happy to fix them on the next ones. Meanwhile, please let me know if there is anything you need help with while building your Yak.

Reza
Old 06-19-2006, 03:54 PM
AirTech
My Feedback: (18)

Hey Reza,
Any idea on when the new 86 Yak will be arriving? The addition of a pipe tunnel is an added bomus. And the use of a removable horizontal stabilizer is a great convenience when transporting. Since you are not accepting prepayments right now, could you please keep us informed through this thread as to the progress on this new Yak?
Old 06-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Rezagh

I ce\ertainly will let you guys know once they are couple of weeks away. I think we should have them in September.

Thank you for your interest,
Reza
Old 07-13-2006, 05:32 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

REZAGH
looks like i will have a 85" for sell, sure like the idea having room for a canister,will the horz. stab be adjustable, for us that like to play. sure do like your 85" yak, it gets a lot of looks at the field.
ENJOY!
Old 07-14-2006, 09:31 AM
Rezagh

The Hor. Stab will be plug in type, I'm not sure what you mean by adjustable? Incidence adjustable? The incidence is not adjustable. I hope everything goes fine with your 85".

Thank you,
Reza
Old 07-14-2006, 06:56 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

REZAGH
sorry,i could have made myself more clear, you being a moderator i just thought you could read mindes, yes it was the stab incidence,i have a DP 540 edge it has adjustable stab, you know when you have to put in a little up trim you can lower the leading edge of stab to correct it thats all, your not a the mercy of someone at the factory thats building a plane, and they are having a bad day. yes the YAK flies great.
THANKS FOR YOUR UPDATES!
ENJOY!
Old 07-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Rezagh

No you can't do that. I guess the only planes that have adjustable incidence are the DP Extra and Edge. I used to have a DP Extra so I know how it works. It's normall if your Yak takes 2-3 clicks of uptrim. Fly it and enjoy it. I'll keep you all posted once i get my 86".

Thank you,
Reza
Old 07-27-2006, 10:02 PM
AirTech

Reza,
I just found out TBM is having a great sale on ZDZ Super 80's, and I will like to know if the new Gen II 85" Yak will be able to balance well with this engine.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:16 AM
Rezagh

Can you give me some info on the engine. I feel you need a 100cc for best performance. I will check into the specs tomorrow.

Thank you,
Reza
Old 07-28-2006, 07:47 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

WHAT??? a 100cc for the 85/86" YAk? Reza......what you talkin' bout??
Old 07-28-2006, 08:03 AM
shakes268

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

WHAT??? a 100cc for the 85/86" YAk? Reza......what you talkin' bout??
I think he saw Gen II and thought of the 102" - I know I first did when I read the post.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Rezagh

Yes, I did see the GenII and thought he meant the 100cc. Well now I think, 80cc is too much for that plane unless you are at higher altitude. Let me dig up some info on the weight and other things for that engine and get back with you. I personally think 80cc is way too much and can increase your wing loading a lot.

Thank you guys for correcting me,
Reza
Old 07-28-2006, 05:50 PM
AirTech

Yes, I did see the GenII and thought he meant the 100cc. Well now I think, 80cc is too much for that plane unless you are at higher altitude. Let me dig up some info on the weight and other things for that engine and get back with you. I personally think 80cc is way too much and can increase your wing loading a lot.

Thank you guys for correcting me,
Reza
Thanks Reza,

I have an Evolution 45GX on hand. The 45GX is a tad ligther than a DA 50 (without the muffler and igtion), and with a canister it may be at the bottom of the wing loading scale. The 45GX swings a BME 22-10 at 6950 RPMs which should be adequate for a 16 Lb. or less airframe. Any idea as to how much the Gen II 85" Yak empty weight will be? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Rezagh

WOW, that's a lot of RPM for a 45cc engine. You should be fine using the 45cc on the new 86". The weight will be either same or a little lighter than the 85" so I won't see any problem if you want to use that 45cc engine.
I will keep you guys posted when we receive the prototype. It will be here any day now.

Thank you,
Reza Gh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.