Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > Quiques Aircraft Support - CLOSED
Reload this Page >

Were my Aileron Control Horns made incorrectly?

Notices

Were my Aileron Control Horns made incorrectly?

Old 09-01-2006, 02:25 PM
3D Romeo
My Feedback: (111)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Were my Aileron Control Horns made incorrectly?

Hi,

I noticed in the manual for the 73" Yak that the hole in the Aileron Control Horns are suppose to be about 1/8" behind the hinge line. I just trial fitted mine, and the holes are about 1/8" in front of the hinge line!

Is there an error in the manual, or were my Aileron Control Horns made incorrectly (or could the slots in the ailerons be located incorrectly)?

If the holes should be located 1/8" behind the hinge line, how should I correct mine? I could lengthen the slot in the aileron to move the control horn back, but it would leave a 1/4" gap in the front of the horn (and the control horn wouldn't be supported on all four sides when glued in). I could also redrill the hole in the control horn to locate it 1/8" behind the hinge line, but I'd probably have to lower the hole to keep it somewhere near the center of the control horn arm (not the best solution, as it would hurt the mechanical advantage on my servo, and increase the throw).

What do you recommend I should do?

Mark
Old 09-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Default RE: Were my Aileron Control Horns made incorrectly?

Hi Mark,

Sorry about your problem. I had another gentleman with the same problem. Here's the link to his thread with pics http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4418510/tm.htm. I hope this helps. I will be away for about 2-3 days from computer but please don't hesitate to post your questions. We have a failry strong collection of questions and answeres on our forum but also many helpful customers that have already put this plane together.

Have a great long weekend,
Reza
Quique's Aircraft Support
Old 09-01-2006, 03:46 PM
3D Romeo
My Feedback: (111)

Thanks again for your reply Reza.

Unfortunately, the link you posted doesn't seem to be working...Are you sure that it was posted correctly?

Mark
Old 09-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Sorry dude. try this http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4418510/tm.htm