Notices

85"yak anti rotation pin holes

Old 11-03-2006, 07:20 PM
profile540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85"yak anti rotation pin holes

hello,my antirotation pin holes do not line up enough to get the pins in on the left wing.what should i do?drill or could i get some suggestions thanks...............
Old 11-03-2006, 07:44 PM
griffin

Default RE: 85"yak anti rotation pin holes

Mine were off a little so I just opened up the hole a bit. The washer still covers the entire area on the inside.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:48 PM
FLYMAN
My Feedback: (3)

Get a good plane like a
75cc Yak 54 ARF-QB

Yak 54 ARF-QB Quick Build

Aeroworks is proud to introduce their New line of QUICK BUILD Series Aircraft
Designed with the customer in mind to provide the highest quality, light weight construction and fastest build time possible.

Aeroworks has Raised the Bar. The QB Series is top quality in both design and performance that will set a new standard for ARF aircraft

With the Yak 54 unbeatable stability and precision flight characteristics it is certain to please both the beginner as well as the advanced competitor

Designed for both precision and 3D style flying this plane is sure to out perform all other aircraft.
The Yak 54 was designed from the ground up to be a top performing aircraft. Generous control surfaces and an awesome power to weight ratio make this a plane you'll want to fly every visit to the field!

SPECIFICATIONS

Wing span 94 inches.
Wing Area 1650 sq. in.
Fuselage Length 81" (Rudder to front of cowling)
Fuselage length 86" ( Rudder to front of spinner)
Weight 21 to 22 lbs
Engine 75 cc
Radio 6 Channels minimum

FEATURING

Strong Light Weight Construction
Complete and Detailed Instruction Manual
Painted and Pre mounted 7075 Aluminum Landing gear
Complete US Standard Hardware Package Included
Machined aluminum engine stand offs included
6061 T-6 Anodized Aluminum Wing Tube
6061 T-6 Anodized Aluminum Stab Tube
Professionally covered in ULTRACOTE
Clear Ultracote provided for sealing hinge gaps
Pre-Hinged from factory (Ready to Fly) No gluing
Two Servo Wing
Large control surfaces double beveled for maximum throw
Custom Throw Meter provide for exact measuring of control throws
Pre Mounted Fiberglass Cowl and Wheel Pants
Pre Mounted and Tinted Canopy / Hatch assembly
Canister & Pipe READY!
Pre installed and fuel proofed engine box
Two Fuel Tanks provided for engine and smoke
Laser cut engine mounting templates provided
Custom Vinyl Decal Set

8 to 10 Hours assembly Time

Old 11-17-2006, 09:57 PM
TOPGUN130643
My Feedback: (38)

profile 540, you can't get a better plane than the one you have. when you get it going you will see what I mean
Old 11-17-2006, 10:19 PM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

profile540.............GRIFFIN has it right about opening up the hole a little bit with a drmel or by hand with a little round file. What you can do also , after you have opened the hole slightly , and the wingstay clears inside the fuse. Is to take a small peice of like 3/16th's , 1/4" or possibly 5/16ths plywood , and cut to fit inside the fuse in the general area of where the pin comes through. Take the peice of ply and drill a hole in the middle , or whereever the pin lines up at , drill it to the right size and then epoxy it into the fuse..........walla.......you got yourself a new hole with no slop.

And FLYMAN.........Dude i know your new , but your reply completely sucks!! You have someone like PROFILE540 asking a serious question , and you just say "Get a good plane like a 75cc Yak 54 ARF-QB .....DUDE how do you know he doesn't have a good plane to begin with? Being an 85" , it's a QQ YAK , with i haven't owned one , but their are a ton of guys on here that would tear you to shreds saying that their airplane "Wasn't good enough". He's got a Yak 85' airplane , so it's definetly a gasser , and he is definetly going to have some money rapped up into it. Don't get me wrong, the areoworks kits are awesome planes , but along with about 5-6 other companies , they produce some awesome products. Besides.......I own a 33% Aviation models YAK , which the craftsmanship on this plane is awesome as well , but they ALL have their little quirks........NO airplane comes perfect , if it did , then you overlooked something on your's and have no bussiness telling someone that they should completely scrap their new 85" YAK because a stupid anti rotation pin didn't line up correctly.............sheeesh , gimme a break!!

JEFFRO503

Old 11-17-2006, 10:48 PM
TOPGUN130643
My Feedback: (38)

Or could this be a dog and pony show
Old 11-17-2006, 11:13 PM
shakes268

Guys, this isn't the first time someone has posted in the QQ forums about buying a Aeroworks product and bashing QQ planes.
I'd be leary of any posts like this. It's basically an advertisement as he pretty much copy pasted specs.

He only has 4 posts, the 1st post also bashes a product and it was back in January/February timeframe concerning an OMP Katana V2.
It's nothing more than an attempt to stir up trouble, add in a little product bashing and try to instill doubt on anyone buying a QQ plane.

I own the 85" and the 102" QQ Yaks. They are both incredible airplanes. Nothing is ever perfect and while sometimes you might have to do a little extra work to make something fit the majority of the people who have posted on here have loved their planes. If someone is not happy, QQ Aircraft does everything that they possibly can to make sure that the customer is happy. I've seen it and experienced it. You can't go wrong with one of these planes.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:34 PM
JEFFRO503

I noticed that too...........and has been a member for 4 years!!??? Post nothing but bashing remarks about the QQ products........don't get it. Maybe he'll "MAN UP" and give a decent reply??............or at least give us his far superior knowledge on the subject of why he doesn't like the QQ products. I doubt he's capable of either a decent reply , and probably has no knowledge. 4 posts in 4 years?
Old 11-18-2006, 12:04 AM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Hi All,

Thank you for all your support. As Shakes stated, it is not the first time that such thing is happening. I guess some people are looking for perfect timing to do things like this as well. I am still on vacation and have a hard time to get Internet access. Anyway, I will be deleting the post and ban the user from posting on our forum.

Let me just say that apparently some people can not have fair competition practices! As the person in charge of Quique's Aircraft Customer Support on all online forums, I have never made such statements or even compared our products to others. I have always given the facts about Quique's Aircraft planes and have allowed the customer(s) to make their own decision. It's a shame that some would directly or indirectly bash other's products.

Thank you for all your supports.

Reza Gholamipour
Quique's Aircraft Support
Old 11-18-2006, 12:19 AM
JEFFRO503

ORIGINAL: Rezagh

Hi All,

Thank you for all your support. As Shakes stated, it is not the first time that such thing is happening. I guess some people are looking for perfect timing to do things like this as well. I am still on vacation and have a hard time to get Internet access. Anyway, I will be deleting the post and ban the user from posting on our forum.

Let me just say that apparently some people can not have fair competition practices! As the person in charge of Quique's Aircraft Customer Support on all online forums, I have never made such statements or even compared our products to others. I have always given the facts about Quique's Aircraft planes and have allowed the customer(s) to make their own decision. It's a shame that some would directly or indirectly bash other's products.

Thank you for all your supports.

Reza Gholamipour
Quique's Aircraft Support

No problem Rezagh !!

yeah i don't get the bashing stuff either. everyone has their own opinions , but that's exactly what the should be left as........opinions. Not very cool to come into someone's support forums and bash their products. I don't own a QQ yak , but have seen them up and close , inspected them and watched them fly.......they are a beautiful airplane. I have no idea what motives would drive a 4 year member , with on;ly 4 posts , to use three of those in one night , and bash the QQ product?..........maybe he owned one , and wrecked it , and has since then downgraded to a 36" wingspan K-Mart speacial ACME KITE with the bright orange string!! .HAHA!!......probably suit his flying style i guess

Jeff

Old 11-18-2006, 07:42 PM
FLYMAN
My Feedback: (3)

hi to all, just to let you know yes i have been a member for 4 yrs.. also,i am the one who built profile 540's plane. we had problems with it from the beginning and he even complained about the plane. i know all planes are not perfect but when u spend that much money on a plane, you should atleast have a decent owners manual to put it together and also things should line up, i am not bashing this product but things can be better than they were... and somebody mentioned about my other posts about a profile, just to let you know the wing came apart during flight but the company took care of it..... have a great day...
Old 11-22-2006, 12:21 PM
profile540

what happen to flymans post.............i dont think he was bashing was he?