Notices

New Somenized (TM) 69", Yak-54

Old 03-04-2008, 12:59 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Somenized (TM) 69", Yak-54

Great website Reza, thanks! please talk about rolling maneuvers. I have been spending a lot of time in the park with my foams but still have trouble with losing track as the plane circles around. oh, off topic but what CG are you running on your 102" ? I have 8 1/2" on mine. My 69" is still under construction. But I did get my Ys 110! I loved your post on illegal (in my eyes) copies. We all have to support and protect intellectual property. I want to buy Quique's design, I want Reza's support. Seeing an imitation just makes me sad, or mad if it's areally good one! those guys can kiss my... But I never downloaded free music either so obviously I'm just not with the times- later!
Old 03-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Hi Eric,

Thanks very much for your kind words and support. My CG is right at 8 1/2" on the 102". What part of rolling manuever are you interested in? I will be more than happy to help out in any way I can. I have limited flying skills and not much time to improve but I try very hard each time I fly.

Thank you,
Reza
Old 03-05-2008, 10:49 AM
pinguecola

i would like to thank QQ factory, Quique somenzini itself and Reza.
i sent an email to QQ aircraft and to reza because my landing gear was not fine, and
some days ago i received the replacement landing gear from the italian dealer. i have not had to pay anything.
thank you again, it was really an effective post selling service. these things do not alwais appen, indeed. i feel very happy about my quique yak !!!

ciao a tutti francesco
Old 03-05-2008, 12:51 PM
husafreak

Well, I can maintain constant rolling maneuvers (like the harrier) in a straight line until I try to bend it into a loop or circle or figure eight and then I end up getting squirilly (sp?) and I have to bail out.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:01 AM
husafreak

I have the Hyde soft mount for my Ys 110, Is anyone using this product? I am after the quietest possible setup.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:23 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

was wondering the same about the hyde mount and if it would be a good idea to run on here or would hard mounting the YS 1.10s be ok?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:08 AM
kf6gub
My Feedback: (1)

Anybody mount a "gasser" on the 69"? thx Jim
Old 03-16-2008, 09:59 AM
octanehuffer

The planes this size dont fly well enough with a gas engine. A G-20 on this plane will work but you wont get any hover time. Many people have had them on thier Showtimes and Funtana's with the same results. Pattern yes. 3D no.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:42 PM
glasscock

Just ordered Quique's 69" Yak!!! A great addition to the hangar and looks fun to fly. Questions:

For throttle servo, is the JR 2721 necessary, as shown in the manual, or can a less expensive servo be used?

I have two OS 1.20 Four-strokes, one with and one without a pump. What performance can I gain from using an OS 1.20 AX, as opposed to one of the 4-strokes?

Propeller recommendations for above engines? Wood vs. Synth.?

Best place to buy JR servos?

Thanks for any and all input and advice!

DaveG.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:10 PM
adamiani
My Feedback: (2)

Guys what size spinner are you using with the Yak 69" on the OS 120AX. thank you
Old 03-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Brenner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm using a 2 1/2" standard shape Tru-Turn anodized red with the slots custom cut to fit the APC 17X6.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:00 AM
JohnAV

Did not see an answer to the question regarding the use of a Hyde soft mount vs. the hard mount. I’m getting ready to start on my QQ 69" Yak-54 and planning to use a YS110. I have a Hyde mount and was considering using it in place of the hard mount.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Rezagh

Hello John,

There is really no need to use Hyde mount on the YS 1.10. In all of our testing and the plane I fly, the stock mount has been used with no issues what so ever.

Thank you,
Reza
ORIGINAL: JohnAV

Did not see an answer to the question regarding the use of a Hyde soft mount vs. the hard mount. I’m getting ready to start on my QQ 69" Yak-54 and planning to use a YS110. I have a Hyde mount and was considering using it in place of the hard mount.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:21 PM
adamiani
My Feedback: (2)

Servo City had some great sale last week keep an eye for them I have the same plane and put some HS 5645MG all around and a HS 82 MG for throttle.

Spinner from MPI PRO Spin 3 1/4 best in market @ 1/2 price from Tru Turn with a APC prop 17 x 6

OS 120 AX perfect
Old 03-29-2008, 10:36 PM
octanehuffer

I dont have the plane completed yet but I did weigh everything needed. I have a 5lb digital scale , so I am a bit limited to what I can weigh. My very close weight estimate is 7 lb 5 oz. empty. With a 12oz(?) tank I will be at 8lb 1oz. I had a goal to be at under 8 lb RTF. It will be close. What does everybody else's weigh, and what size it the fuel tank?
Cant wait to fly it.
Adam
Old 04-02-2008, 06:06 PM
overbored77
My Feedback: (11)

Rezagh,
I used the wrong elevator horns in my 69". In a prvious post you mentioned a way to remove them.
could you post or E-mail me the procedure, I used 5min Epoxy.

Thanks
Chris.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Rezagh

Chris,

I did email you but I would type it here.

I would first fly it with the wrong control horn that you glued to check it out and see if you still feel you need more throws. Often full deflection on the wrong control horn is still more than most pilots expect.

Last, cut it flush and make new slots right next to it.

Thank you,
Reza
Old 04-16-2008, 05:36 PM
overbored77

Well here it is finally done.
OS 1.20 AX.
Bisson Pitts muffler.
Hitec 5625 MG on all surfaces
Hitec HS 81 on throttle
6Volt 2000 MAH nimh RX pack.
All up weight 8.3 my scale is a bit innacurate so we will say +- 3oz.

Edit: I weighed on a calibrated postal scale and she weighed 8Lb 1oz. I removed wheel pants for
grass field and she now weighs 7LB 15.4OZ. and I am taking off the spinner and should get
down another 1.5 oz.

Maiden will be next weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67517.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	930836  
Old 04-21-2008, 11:04 PM
octanehuffer

Overbored77, did you get a chance to fly yet? Is your all up weight including fuel?

I finshed mine tonight and came in exactly where I predicted. 7.52lbs less fuel
Saito 1.25
Hitec 5645 on all surfaces
Hitec HS81MG for throttle
Thunder Power 2200 Lipo
I hope to break the engine in this weekend and depending on time, I will fly it.
Adam
Old 04-25-2008, 08:27 PM
overbored77

Octane,

Weight is without fuel. Maiden should be this weekend (if weather cooperates). I E-mailed QQ and he gave me a pattern setup for the 69"
as I didn't get the time to finish my 2 Meter plane. The yak is going to fly the first competition of the season. So I won't know the 3D capabilities
for a few weeks.

UPDATE: I maidened on saturday, 20MPH winds. Planes is super stable and extemely smooth. I only got 2 flights due to the fact that I had a
loose connection in my rudder servo's PC board causing a severe glitch, I found out about it doing a knife edge pass (Very tense moments).
I ordered a new servo and the other is on it's way for repair. I will be back out next weekend. even with only 2 flights I can say the plane
flys much bigger than it is. Very stable and easy to fly. I can't wait to try some 3D.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Gary JP4

Hi Rezagh,

I am interested in the QQ, 69" Yak 54 and trying to decide which engine to get. I first saw one fly at my local field just the other day and this guy was running the YS 110. I read most of this thread. You said it was a rocket with the YS 110 and it looks like it in the Vid. Your flying, the airplanes performance, and engine performance with the YS looks awsom. I am leaning to the YS 110.

Just a few questions:

[ul][*] Did you like the YS the best? The video looked like you did. It looks like that engine with its supercharging really has the power to weight for a 4 stroke.
[*] Is the YS hard to make run well consistently and dependably and not have it quite? I have heard some folks say that. I have no experience with RC 4 strokes but I have a good understanding of the principles. I have researched it a little and it looks like most problems with the YS are from plumming leaks or not understanding tuning. Could you elaborate? It looks like yours runs great. The YAK I saw at my local field had the YS 110 and ran good but he said he had previous problems with it and a few engine out landings.
[*] Did you have to do anything to the tank, lines, or your fuel system in general for the YS or for its added fuel pressure? Like wrapping the tank so it doesn't expand, etc.
[*] Are you going to leave the YS in it? Is it a keeper? It looks like it is.

[/ul]
Thank You
Gary

Old 05-05-2008, 11:08 PM
octanehuffer

Maidened the 69" tonight. Only got one flight on it but, out of the box it is the best plane I have ever flown to date. On the second flight I already feel comfortable to bring it down to an on the deck hover and will do so tommorrow. Rolling circles are a no brainer and was locked in on the second attempt with it. There is slight coupling, but there is no need for me to even tune it out until I get tired of flying with having to compensate for it. Thats how little it is. I am still breaking in the Saito 1.25 and already decided to run a 16x6 prop. There is just not enough speed with the 16x4W. I dont even know where the CG is set at and just kind of threw the battery in place to fly, but it did feel a little forward. The only thing I need to do thus far is use less expo on the rudder. Everything else I did went great. The ailerons are set perfectly and with a very good responce right at the manuals recomendation. The elevator is perfectly tuned for me as well. Cant wait for tommorrow!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:52 AM
Jeff_edge540

Good to hear. I am currently putting together a QQ 69" Yak and look forward to flying it.

The elevator cross-bar worries me some. The length of the carbon rod was only long enough to go into the hard point inside each elevator half. This doesn't seem like a strong enough solution. I have already epoxied it in (30-min) and built a fillet around the outside surface. Hopefully it will hold. I wanted to see two hard points per half to make torsionally stronger.

I'll be running a YS 1.10.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:02 AM
octanehuffer

I have 2 gallons threw the plane now and must say again it is the best plane out of the box I have flown to date yet. Flights 2-10 had a good deal of wind to them and it was very fun to perform rolling elevators. Something I have never done before. Walls are fun to do. The plane really likes to slide on its belly and not gain altitude. There is no evidence of the plane tipping a wing either. Hovers and torque rolls are fun. The Saito is a very good choice and for me it is suited perfectly. I like being able to hover at around half throttle and just leave it there with small blips of power when needed. I am experimenting with falling hovers now. Again, something new to me. With the low weight of this plane, I predict rising flat spins. With the SFG's in place, all slow, 3D style manuvers are more locked in and allow for a slower flight envelope. I managed to break one of the SFG's, but look forward to the oppourtunity to try knife adge elevators when I replace them.
Adam
Old 05-14-2008, 09:24 PM
RonMcCormick
My Feedback: (4)

octanehuffer,
Thanks for the update I'v been waiting to hear what you thought about the 69" after you have more flights. I was on the fence between the 69" QQ Yak and another plane. Your comments sold me I will order mine this week.
Ron

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.