Notices

Yak 86' fueling...

Old 07-02-2007, 12:20 AM
EduardoC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yak 86' fueling...

hellos, Noob here.

I finally got my naaaaaaiiiiiice yak and i was going through the instruction booklet. As this is my first gasser with cannister and i am not very much of a mechanical guy (until this airplane) i am wondering... how do i install the fuel tank? The thing has 3 holes, i see that in the instructions they open 2 but i have no idea what the second one is for, i may assume it is for pressurization, however where does it go to? the cannister has no nipples or anything.

I'd love to know this. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:25 AM
SinCityJets

Default RE: Yak 86' fueling...

There are a couple of ways to handle this. One, is to just use two holes. One for vent, and the other one to fill and supply fuel to the engine. There is simply a T connector on the fuel line.

The other way to plumb it is to have one vent line, one fill line, and one line supplying fuel to the engine. I like the first method for simplicity and less lines.

Enjoy the plane, you will not be disappointed.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:27 AM
EduardoC

but this vent line, does it simply "suck" air? i mean, can't gas get out of that one? or there is like a valve or something... Im glad to know however that it is that simple, the DA has a pump?

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2007, 03:32 AM
BaldEagel

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The vent line is just to air, take the line up over the back of the tank and then down to the bottom of the plane, this is to stop syphoning during aerobatics, no pressure is needed into the tank as the Walboro carbs have a pump, I use a three pipe system, vent to the top of the tank, fill/drain tube to the bottom of the tank and the fuel feed obviously to the clunk.

A picture is worth a thousand words, don't forgett to zip tye your tubes on as they will slip off, you may note that I have soldered some wire onto the copper tubes to act as barbs to also prevent slippage.

Hope this helps.
Mike

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55535.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	714964  
Old 07-02-2007, 03:19 PM
EduardoC

why thank you, now that made it easier!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:49 AM
BaldEagel

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to have been some help, did you note the wing retaining pins to the front they are shown in the photo, it makes it very easy to get them in, instead of fiddling around down in the bowels of the fus.

Mike
Old 07-04-2007, 04:02 PM
EduardoC

aaa, no, i didnt, buuuu welll nvm. Im still giving final adjustments... CG's being annoying, the airplane is too tailheavy, know why? I installed everything as in the manual