Notices

49" with OS.32SX

Old 03-16-2008, 07:17 PM
octanehuffer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 49" with OS.32SX

I am having trouble converting from a mini DVD camcorder disc to the hard drive. I borrowed my sisters camcorder for you all but now I cant fiqure out how to load it. The plane is a must have!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Mr67Stang

ORIGINAL: octanehuffer

I am having trouble converting from a mini DVD camcorder disc to the hard drive. I borrowed my sisters camcorder for you all but now I cant fiqure out how to load it. The plane is a must have!
If this DVD cam-corder is like mine (Sony) then you need the software that came with it to make an uploadable video.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:26 AM
octanehuffer

I am try to get from .ifo to RCU .jpg files. Will get software tonite
Old 03-20-2008, 08:07 AM
nitrobeast

octane lets see it!!!I still havent gotten the servos for mine. Im wating on the 5082 from hitec...
Old 03-20-2008, 08:59 PM
octanehuffer

Sorry guys. The last 3 nights I have been trying to convert this dvd to mpeg so as I can up load it. Tried downloading software and the ones I got have poor quality from transfer. Been to Best Buy and got Corel DVD copy 6- no help. Bought a program from isofter last night online and am still waiting for the confirmation e-mail. Spent one night at my sisters place to use her computer with the Sony camcorder software- computer crashed. Looks like this will be another night tat was completly wasted.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:20 PM
octanehuffer

Lost alot of quality and the time and date pop up constantly. Poor mid range but you get the point
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C1kTJPKXlA
Old 03-22-2008, 12:26 AM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Adam,

Thank you for all the efforts you put in from conversion to video. Great work and great combo I should say.

Thanks very much,
Reza
Old 03-22-2008, 09:46 AM
octanehuffer

I really wish that the video did it justice. I will get more video as soon as possible, but we just got a couple more inches of snow. The plane has no problem in the power department. Flight times should be around 9-10 minutes and as the video showed no wing rock in inverted. And very little in up right. Despite a 7 mph cross wind. I am very excited to fly the hell out of it. This plane will probably have the most flight time on it of the year. I usually put on 20 flights in a good day and maybe as low as 18 on a bad day.

Reza- In the updated linkage kit for the 69". there was a single pack of ball link labeled "For Elevator 2mm push rod". The 69" uses a larger rod and I did not see a use for it. I need to replace a link on my 49" elevator( the one that now binds because I dropped locktite on it).
Can I use the extra one from the 69"?
Adam
Old 03-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Rezagh

As long as it fits I don't see why not
Old 03-23-2008, 08:35 AM
nitrobeast

I cant wait to get mine in the air!!
What size tank did you go with and is all the way by the wing tube?
Old 03-23-2008, 06:38 PM
octanehuffer

I am running a 4 oz tank on top of the wing tube and running a Perry Regulating pump on the back of the firewall. A 4 oz tank is perfect.
Adam
Old 03-30-2008, 09:30 PM
octanehuffer

I finally got to fly it today! Despite 10 mph winds, it flies very well. I have found a plane that snap rolls THE best. Snaps on full rates at half throttle are very precise and stop by it self. I snap the sticks as fast as possible and it predictably snaps. Very fun! The maiden for me consisted of snap rolls, rolling circles, elevators, KE flight and inverted. I was very impressed with the landing. Just grease it in and no surprises. I did notice a little torquing when trying to hover.
Flight two was mainly pattern flying with alot of snaps, alot. Inverted, snap and a halfs, 10++ on snaps for this plane. I did a KE loop. First ever for me. I did roll out a little on the bottom of it, but the first all around. Very predictable again. A couple more rolling circles and some high rate circles. Tried hovering some and the plane gets all flimsy. Its only when power is added though. Goos it to maintain a hover and it goes berserk. Twist all over and feels like the plane wants to snap over to the right. With the wind, I could not tell if the plane was twisting over or it wanted to tip to the right. A couple more rolling circles and it feels like the plane does not respond on left rudder and have to add more rudder to compensate for it. Wind?, CG? Land and refuel. I really love how this plane lands like the 86", it looks similar to scale when it is out there on approach. Cool sight. Third flight this time after take off, an aileron roll with high rates, low to the ground. Fun! I add rudder it felt mushy to the left again. Fly a couple times around to test the rudder. Now nothing to the left at all. Fiddlesticks! Only three flights and the HS85bb gave up. Its rated at 48 oz torque. Glad it didnt happen to the elevator! Going to have to get the metal gear version and add a hundreth of an ounce. I need to fly the plane on a calm day to see what the torquing is all about in a hover or high alpha. I was told to try zero right thrust and zero down. I need to study up on P-factor now. The plane is still a complete success but will have to tweak some.
Adam
Old 04-01-2008, 08:05 AM
rusty55125
My Feedback: (6)

Adam you are no longer allowed to bring that plane out to the field again. At least not until we hit 90 here up here. One day after we flew it for the first time, it snowed and the filed looked so good! Almost all the snow was gone. Then Sunday you flew it again and what happened yesterday?? It showed again!! That’s it, you can’t fly it until July!!

Scott
Old 04-01-2008, 08:31 AM
octanehuffer

Sorry.
Maybe its you?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:46 PM
nitrobeast

I couldnt wait any longer. I put 81mg on the ailerons and elevator and a 85mg on the rudder. If weather allows i will maiden it Sunday!!! Cant wait!!!

Whats your dry weight? Also, how much throw do you have on the elevator/rudder? If you can tell me in mm that would be great.

I had to add .5oz of weight to the tail and wing. Im sure if i get the pitts muffler then i wont need the tail weight.

I put a 8oz tank in it. I guess that too much? How much time do you get on the 4oz? Did you use the stock wheels?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 PM
octanehuffer

Its about time!
Use a 4 oz tank. My flight times have been around 10 min using an 11x4 prop. You MUST watch your speed! I fly at under half throttle.
My elevator is 54mm up/down and the rudder is 68mm.
My dry weight is 50.7oz. RTF weight is 54.7 oz.
The pitts muffler is lighter, so if you added tail weight it should be coming off after the pitts muffler swap.
I am using the stock wheels. The are adequate for the little bit of time on the ground, just keep the taxi speeds down and hold up 3D elevator. I didnt even fly the plane on low rates the last two times up.
Adam
Old 04-03-2008, 06:00 AM
nitrobeast

ORIGINAL: octanehuffer

Its about time!
Use a 4 oz tank. My flight times have been around 10 min using an 11x4 prop. You MUST watch your speed! I fly at under half throttle.
My elevator is 54mm up/down and the rudder is 68mm.
My dry weight is 50.7oz. RTF weight is 54.7 oz.
The pitts muffler is lighter, so if you added tail weight it should be coming off after the pitts muffler swap.
I am using the stock wheels. The are adequate for the little bit of time on the ground, just keep the taxi speeds down and hold up 3D elevator. I didnt even fly the plane on low rates the last two times up.
Adam
I was gonna get the better servos, but they keep pushing the delivery date.. After 10 minutes, how much fuel did you have left? I think the pump draws less fuel? Using a vess 11x4 prop, love vess props and very light.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:17 AM
octanehuffer

10 minutes is about it. The engine does not draw less fuel because of a pump. It still needs fuel to run properly. I have not had a dead stick yet.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:59 PM
nitrobeast

Finally got to maiden it and all i can say is WOW!! Its a blast to fly!! I didnt need to put the weight in tha tail because i changed the tank from a 8oz to a 6oz. The 6oz was actually .5oz less then the 8. Mine came in at 3lbs 14oz. The 32sx pulls this thing with no problem...
Old 04-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Rezagh

This is great guys. Adam, We have to give you all the credit for trying the Nitro conversion and making it more affordable for people!

nitrobeast,

Great report.

Thanks very much all
Reza
Old 04-11-2008, 03:16 PM
octanehuffer

Glad to hear its running nitro. The more you fly it the more you will like it. Try a half throttle 3D rate snap roll once. Not sure what mine cost me because I had most parts on hand, but I guess that one of these can be built for 500 bucks or less. I only wanted the convience of all day flying and not having to worry about the 8 min fly 1 hour charge. Typicaly, I land, fly, land, fly, land, fly, land, fly, land. Its not uncommon for me to drain a Tx battery in 2 hours.
Adam
Old 04-11-2008, 05:08 PM
nitrobeast

Same with me, i fly too much to wait for a battery to charge. Yesterday i was at the field from 10 to 7..lol
I didnt really try much with it but did notice it is very precise. It lands nice and slow and very smooth. I think when summer hits ill have to take the pants off and replace the wheels with something a little bigger. Our field is thick grass.

Mine is a little heavy compaired to yours but i can lose 1/2lb easy if i need.

I would say mine came out between $450- $500. I bought everything new for it.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:21 PM
octanehuffer

I would try and loose a few ounces. Lighter planes do fly better. Got any pics?

Thanks Reza. When are you building one?
Adam
Old 04-14-2008, 07:59 PM
octanehuffer

I changed the thrusts on the engine over the weekend. Less down and less right. When coming into a hover or harrier, the plane would do some weird gyroscoptic twist when throttle was instantly applied. I still flew in 10 mph wind, but the tendancy for the plane to twist was much, much less. It flies even better than before. Still working the bugs out, but I only have 9 flights on it. Each flight in no less than 10 mph wind. Its going to be great to really wring this thing out. Still have not tuned for a reliable midrange yet. But I did have a LONG rock free elevator. Put a smile on my face. Scott performed a couple of "Violators" as well. I missed the first on because I blinked, but the second one. Holy Sh*t. We bloth laughed. I need to get this on video for you guys. Simply amazing.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:01 AM
octanehuffer

I finally broke my plane. After multiple high speed, negative and positive snaps, blenders, and just good fun 3D, I broke the right wheel spoke in two spots when landing.
Okay, so the plane is not broke in the sense that you would think, but after flying this thing and giving it this much punishment, I can see how tough the bigger ones are. Based on how over powerd this 49" is, and what is being done to it, I will NEVER! have a chance to do any damage to the other Yaks. It is one tough plane! I am literally flying this plane like a larger sport plane. I guess that this plane is 25% more over powered than its electric brother.
Adam

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.