Notices

Tail gear for gen 4 102" Yak QQ

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 04:33 PM
thaus
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail gear for gen 4 102" Yak QQ

The tail gear supplied with the gen 4 Yak is not the same shown in the instructions. When the rudder moves the vertical shaft connected to the wheel is supposed to rotate and the wheel moves accordingly. but since the shaft is not tied directly to the wheel , the wheel does not move with the shaft. If the nut on the shaft is tightened, the wheel will rotate but there is so much friction the servo is strained. How is the shaft supposed to be locked to the wheel?

Only one spring was supplied and no attachment was supplied for connecting the spring to the rudder. What is the proper arrange for attaching the rudder to the wire which goes the the vertical wheel shaft?

No who does not have the mechanisim in their hand will understand these questions.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Default RE: Tail gear for gen 4 102" Yak QQ

Hope this helps. It is the 101 but same system.

Reza
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92021.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1110411   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67389.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	1110412  
Old 01-14-2009, 09:26 AM
thaus
My Feedback: (2)

Resagh, Your pictures show me what I already had guessed. However there is no significant structure (1/16" ply) in rudder bottom where the screw hole is located. Also there was no screw to bolt the spring in place . Since the plane is so fully equipped in regard to other parts, I believe there may be a parts omission in the 102 kit. This is no big problem since I can glue a plate on the bottom of the rudder to provide the structure for the screw. It is reasuring to know how the mechanisim is supposed to be. Thanks.

I also discovered that the purple wheel bracket is threaded, so thatt the nut on the shaft and the bracket can be tightened against each other. This will lock the shaft to the bracket so that when the shaft is turned by the rudder the wheel will follow. I have some doubt that the this will hold for long, since the threaded aluminum bracket cannot be torqued very tightly for fear of stripping the threads.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Rezagh

That's all you need in the bottom of rudder. No need to beef it up. Just add drop of CA to the screw and screw doesn't come with the kit. I just picked up a servo screw with washer.

It will work. I have many flights on what you see in the pics. Don't over tighten the aluminum bracker either.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:35 PM
richard Javery

Yak 54 or Extra 260 plane.
Hello Rezagh which of the above planes can be slowed down the most for landing without wing tip stalling. Planes in the 35 % size with a DA 100 engine. Thanks Richard . E-mail is [email protected]
Old 01-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Rezagh

Hi Richard,

Just replied to your email.

Thanks,
Reza