Notices

Python Balance questions

Old 01-25-2009, 01:56 PM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Python Balance questions

have a Python, here is a list of the hardware installed. After moving the battries as far back on the rudder servo tray as I can I still need 174 grams of lead on the tail to get it to balance at the 85mm from leading edge per the instructions.
Will 174 grams make that much of a difference in the over all flight envolope or should I just leave the lead off the thing??? I'm not planning to 3D the thing mostly IMAC type flight after I learn how to fly better.

6-8611"s
1-8711
DA100 with stock DA mufflers
PowerBox

R6014 receiver
2- Duralite 3000mah Li/manganese batts.
1 Fromco 2900mah Li/po for ignition

4" Trueturn spinner
Vess 27B prop.

All the battery are mounted on the rudder servo tray. The Duralites weigh about 600grams each if I remember right. But my point is if I try the finger under the CVG point on the wings it seems nose heavy. Even having someone hold the tail at flight level it still is nose heavy.
Now I put the plane on my EZ balancer and set it up spot on the 85mm from the leading edge and it takes 174 grams of lead to get the plane to balance out level. If this were my big Waco I would say the heck with it and fly it a bit nose heavy.
I will try my mathmatical formula as soon as I get the spinner mounted and see what the numbers should be on this plane. It will more than likely be very very close to the EZ balancer as it always has been in the previous models I have built.

But your thoughts and advice are always helpful.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Default RE: Python Balance questions

You know you can fly it like that for now. Then take your spinner off and fly it, see which one you like better. I won't worry about it at this point. Did you mount the 3000 LIMN on the tray provided, if not please do that. it will help.

Thanks,
Reza
Old 01-27-2009, 12:18 PM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Python Balance questions

ORIGINAL: Rezagh

You know you can fly it like that for now. Then take your spinner off and fly it, see which one you like better. I won't worry about it at this point. Did you mount the 3000 LIMN on the tray provided, if not please do that. it will help.

Thanks,
Reza
Hi..I did not mount the batts. there .........yet. I got the plane via a trade. The guy who assemabled it claims that he did not see or get a tray for the plane. I just ordered one and when it gets here I'll install it. I'll get the CG right where it is supposed to be. At some point I want to install a smoke pump so that alone will increase the nose weight a bit. Better to get it balanced as close as possiable to the stated CG Now.

Thanks for your help.