RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Quiques Aircraft Support - CLOSED (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/quiques-aircraft-support-closed-437/)
-   -   73" yak evolution 26gt (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/quiques-aircraft-support-closed-437/4356372-73%22-yak-evolution-26gt.html)

xxsnookxx 06-05-2006 04:46 PM

73" yak evolution 26gt

any flight reports from quique he was supposed to test this combo this weekend at joe nall.i have to know before i make my engine choice i really want the pocket gasser..but if it wont fly right i will have to go glow....

xxsnookxx 06-09-2006 05:01 PM

RE: 73" yak evolution 26gt

i guess no reports yet.....anyone?

Rezagh 06-09-2006 07:21 PM

I just spoke with Quique. He said he's been extremely busy and hopefully next week, he will have something for us. He did mention that he ran the engine and he was impressed by the engine performance. Also he said that RTF weight with Evolution 26 was 11 1/2lbs which is awesome in my opinion.

Thank you for your patience guys,
Reza
Quique's Aircraft Support

xxsnookxx 06-10-2006 03:15 PM

right on.. thats what i was hoping to hear guess i'll wait a little longer to buy the motor. but i think this is a good engine choice thank you for the response...

Rezagh 06-12-2006 09:15 AM

Don't worry. I will make sure I'll post the report once I have the info from Quique. I will keep you guys posted.

Thank you for being patient,
Reza

xxsnookxx 06-17-2006 01:26 PM

soon?

merlin3 06-20-2006 09:25 PM

we tried the evolution in the 72" and it seems to have quite a bit of power. It doesn't look like it's going to have a ton of reserve in a hover though but it will do just about everything else. Still need to do a bit of tuning and getting ready to try it in the 73"

randy racer 06-21-2006 05:38 AM

i just orderd a 3W 28 for my 73". i need to finish the 102" QQ yak thats on my table first and then i will finish the 73 and let you know how it does.

randy racer

Rezagh 06-22-2006 01:41 PM

Based on what I've heard the evolution 26 will give you good power but will not live up to YS or OS performance. It would be perfect for IMAC and enough power for 3D but not ballistic.

So for you extreme 3D guys who like rocket like power, YS 1.4 would be a better choice.

Thank you,
Reza

randy racer 06-28-2006 06:21 AM

i recieved my 3W 28cc engine yesterday and servos, batteries and switches should be here in a few days. i'm almost finished with my 2nd 102" and plan to fly it all weekend but after that i am getting back to work on the 73". i'll keep you posted.

randy

rmenke 06-29-2006 10:30 AM

Randy:

Wish you were a little closer, would help you finish & fiy the 73" QQ with 3W-28 just to find out if there is adequate power there for this bird. Nothing worse than a 3-D bird without enough power to pull out. There must be a number of these birds out there flying with clean gas motors, guess they just don't share?

randy racer 06-29-2006 01:21 PM

yeh i've been holding off on this one for a couple of months waiting to see how it would fly with the 3w and nobody seems to get finished and give reports. i'm close to being done building my 102 and plan to just fly all weekend( sick of building). next week if all goes well with the 102 i will start working to finish the 73, hope by the next weekend. i will keep[ you posted. also i wish you lived closer to i could use the help.

randy racer

xxsnookxx 07-01-2006 09:36 PM

was curious how did quique set up the evo 26? ignition location? battery location? tank size ?did he use two seperate batteries ingnition and rx ? li-po? what was the final weight?oh also what prop and muffler were used thank you for all your help great tech support.....would love to see pics if possible

buckiflyer 07-04-2006 07:00 AM

ORIGINAL: xxsnookxx

was curious how did quique set up the evo 26? ignition location? battery location? tank size ?did he use two seperate batteries ingnition and rx ? li-po? what was the final weight?oh also what prop and muffler were used thank you for all your help great tech support.....would love to see pics if possible
Hello Everyone.. like to say "right-on" re: xxsnookxx.. grrreat question's.. more than currious here on QQ's evo 26 setup.. how about it (QQ) Rezagh "please-how about some info here" and as they say,..pictures are worth a 1000~words.. and speaking of pictures, where is or what happend to that video and flight report on this subject.. :D Hope QQ would have time soon to post the results and information;) I think there are many of us who are waiting for this and there are many who want to assemble our 73's for the best performance and fun, as possible. Regarding the New QQ 73, is there anyone with any more build reports, suggestions and or How-To's... let us see yours and here how your doing this.. and speaking of the evo26 or mvvs 26's .. how about anything on a EVO35GT:D **Enjoy the this site and the product.. hope to be hearing a lot lot more... keep up the great work everyone.. ..and have a great-n-safe 4th of July

buckiflyer

Rezagh 07-04-2006 11:11 AM

Guys,

Quique has one RTF. Yesterday he said this comming weekend he will fly it himself. The person who made the first one for Quique, crashed it before Quique gets to fly it. That's why I couldn't get you any info. Plane was gone! I'll get you some info.

Thank you and sorry for the delay. It's out of my hand!
Reza

xxsnookxx 07-11-2006 09:42 AM

just me again any reports yet? how bout that 3w28 would like to hear the flight report on it....

shakes268 07-11-2006 10:01 AM

In the market place, there is a guy selling a 72" with an Evolution 26 on it. He had a video of his plane. The performance looks pretty good!

The video is posted here: http://media.putfile.com/Yak-54-78

Not sure about how much his plane weighs though but hopefully this will give some of you an idea of how this size engine performs on the 72" (the 73" should be comparable)

randy racer 07-11-2006 10:22 AM

guys i hope to have my 73" with 3W 28cc going by this weekend if work and family will give me time to finish. as soon as i give it a flight or two i will post a report. the vid in the 72" with the 26cc made me feel better, the 3 dub should out perform the evolution(i hope).

randy racer

water.boy 07-11-2006 06:21 PM

Guys, I just traded for an EVO26, but it came w/ a BCM inverted pitts, which I hear kills the power. Is the yak flying w/ the aluminum tuned pipe? I've seen that escomposites sells a carbon pipe, but it's pricey and shaves 4oz of weight.

xxsnookxx 07-11-2006 07:02 PM

i dont believe a tuned pipe could be used on this plane but i hear it gives the evo a huge boost next is the mvvs 3270 or pitts inverted the larger the volume the better...

Rezagh 07-12-2006 09:18 AM

No tuned pipe guys. Quique flew the 73" and he said it was very good power for IMAC and enough power for any 3D. He said performance was great for a small gas engine but not as good as glow like YS 1.40. Pull out of hovers were kind of slow. Weight 11.5 lbs. No videos yet but next time he gets to fly it, there will be videos.

Thank you,
Reza

water.boy 07-12-2006 09:28 AM

Rezagh, thx for the info. I didn't think the EVO made that much power, I guess I was wrong. As far as the tuned pipe goes, I think Ultra-rc sells a similar sized Giles that has a tunnel built for a tuned pipe, and that with the tuned pipe there is a CONSIDERABLE increase in the EVO's power (and of course most 2 strokers). Would it be worth modding the Yak to fit a tuned pipe? I guess the builder would have to answer that one. Considering I got the motor for a steal (assuming it runs), I wouldn't mind modding a bit for more power.

Rezagh 07-12-2006 09:40 AM

I really think you'll be happy flying it without a tuned pipe. Mods of that nature can sometimes mess the structural integrity of the plane. If you have the Evo 26, just install it and enjoy it.

Thank you,
Reza

water.boy 07-12-2006 10:08 AM

Rezagh, I've been looking around and Scott from Brillelli says he's really partial to the Xoar props. Here's what he said in an email to me:

"I guess if I were you I would try the engine you have first. If that does not do it for you, then upgrade. If you have the engine, it will not hurt to try it. On that engine a 17x6 or 18x6 will give the best pull. I have been doing a ton of thrust testing on props and I have found the Xoar wood props will even outpull a Mejzlik carbon fiber prop by a ways. They seem to be some very good props. Plus they do not cost an arm and a leg :)"

I seem to remember somewhere else it was said the Xoars pulled an extra 2lbs thrust on a ball bearing slide, over even the best competing props, I just can't remember the size. For $17, it's worth trying.

shakes268 07-12-2006 10:19 AM

An extra 2 lbs of thrust on a 11.5 lb plane would be huge!