Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

RC SKDIVING FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 10:32 PM
GaryV
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RC SKDIVING FORUM

Hi Bob,

I'm not sure of the weight of the plane, the engine is a QRRC 45cc electronic ignition, 20x10 carbon prop. Didn't check the rpm, I think the engine was running a little rich, we need to do a little tuning on it, also I think he needs to try a lower pitch prop.
If it was my plane I could give more details.
We had a Solomon R/C and a R/C Skydiving jumper on board, I wasn't going to use my good jumpers for the test flight.

GaryV
Old 04-01-2007, 10:42 PM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,

Think the weight was about 10 lbs and the plane weighs in at 27 lbs empty. You shouldn't have any problem with the load you will have. Let us know how it turns out.
Jim
Old 04-01-2007, 11:07 PM
goldenknight1

RC SKYDIVER:
I believe if you drop to a 20/8 pitch the engine would spin a little faster would probaly lean out a little more your settings sound good but you might be pulling too much air and losing some power. The remington 38 I will be running is new and with a 20/6 and trying to four cyle I still had rpm's of 6250 on my tack try a 20/8 or 20/6 think you will be surprised at the rpm increase.

BOB
Old 04-03-2007, 11:59 AM
goldenknight1

To all manufacturers of RC Skydiving equipment send me pm with your address so that I can post a box with you address's all in one box making it manufacturer only. And this will make it more simple for people to e-mail you and get answer's for thier questions. Use pm box at bottom of this reply.

BOB [8D][8D]
goldenknight1
Old 04-05-2007, 02:04 PM
goldenknight1

spinbotz: [] hey did you break your camera are forget to get pictures printed, I would like to see how you are doing on your jumper.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:51 AM
spinbotz

no, the webcam I have now takes grainy, and undetailed pics. it'll be awhile.. *as before...* and I'm still undecided on whether it's a good idea to offset the motor or have it below the prop axle.... I also lost some parts, so I have to go and buy new parts, then sew up a flight suit for my lil dude... unless I can get one from you that's pretty baggy and has big sleeves.. *his paws are now permanently attached, making it impossible to clothe him with a jump suit that has too small sleeve openings....*

I'm starting to give up on this project on being ever finished....
Old 04-06-2007, 12:52 AM
spinbotz

as for his jumping career, I think it's at an end.. I may end up just buying one of your pre made jumpers, *micro skydiver* instead.
*just the jumper, his arms and suit only, no chute as I've already got that... I keep breaking my home made guy too much throwing him around trying to get his chute to open at all....

so he's now a paramotorist.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Randy_Ratliff

I just purchased a Senior Telemaster with a skydiver and parachute included. I need to get a radio system for the dude.

So glad to see this section here on RCU, a big thank you to the Admin's.

Now to figure out the radio system.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:18 PM
goldenknight1

Randy: Find yourself a good four channel radio I recommend servos with at least 85 in/oz rateing this is agood area to start in. Tower hobbies has a servo by hobbico that is rated at 152 in/oz 4.8 volts for $22.99 they are metal gears . this would give you sufficient pull for steering
lines. when some of the other jumpers read your letter they will tell you of other servos and it will be good advice But you will have to decide which ones you want.

blue skies and light winds
BOB[8D]
Old 07-30-2007, 05:44 AM
slcombs
My Feedback: (4)

Hi Yes We Do Need A Skydiving Forum Also I Need A Set Of Instructions For A Robbe Charly Or I Need To Sell It I Don't Know Anything About How To Make It Work If Anyone Can Help Or If Your Interested In Buying It Let Me Know My Email Is [email protected]

THANKS
STEVE
Old 07-30-2007, 11:11 AM
JuanF

Steve,
I have an instruction booklet for a Charly Skydiver. I have sent you a PM.
Juan
Old 08-01-2007, 06:21 PM
kev71h

I gotta friggin subscribe to this one! My father and I used to dabble in an old "Jumpin Jimmy" years ago...I'm not sure what ever happen to him. I gotta get me one of these.............bad thing is these SOBs are eeeeexpensive! I thought my RC Bikes were espensive for what you get!

I want one.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:00 PM
RCAV8R3
My Feedback: (13)

Check out my newest toy from R/C Skydiving.com. It's called the Coolbreeze and it's a blast to fly. The paraplane is nice way to relax after a long day. Here are some pics. I hope you enjoy. Thanks

Scott
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69107.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	734529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14953.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	734530  
Old 08-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Banzai55

Began rc skydiving about 30 years ago -- started with an article and plan in RCM. Plans are still available I think. We made about 30 jumps and then went on to other things. Last month I made my first skydive - a tandem from 10000 feet and now I have the bug to do both! I will post pix as I can. Big fun -- although the last rc jumper I dropped two years ago landed in the top of a very tall pine and stayed there untill Katrina blew him to who knows where!
Old 08-27-2007, 03:57 PM
goldenknight1

Banzai55:
Welcome back to RC Skydiving when you see some of the jumpers and parachutes being made today you won't be able to just jump from real planes but will want to get back in the hobby agian go thru some of the forums here and you will see a list of people who now make complete jumpers and ram foil chutes. There are some really nice jumpers and chutes made by four or five people now so when you really want to get started you will find a forum with the manufactuers list. I retired from real skydiving two years ago and have been in this part of skydiving for 35 years and watched this part of the hobby really grow.

bob

fair winds and blue skies[8D]
Old 09-20-2007, 12:42 PM
tsekoa
My Feedback: (2)

I am looking for anyone interested in rc skydiving from my 12 foot telemaster. I will be installing two of the larger drop boxes from rcskydiving.com. I am located in Minnesota and usually fly at Tri Valley field in Rosemount. If you are interested you can contact me via this forum or pm me. I am attaching a couple of photos of the 12 foot telemaster.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74562.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	766609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79638.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	766610  
Old 12-09-2007, 07:20 AM
Captin1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi

I have been interested in rc skydiving for a few years. I just started to build my skydiver and parafoil chute. I like to learn things. My dude will approx 15 inches tall, approx 3 lbs. The hard part is learning to sew also using a translation website to help under stand web sites across the pond. The next trick is get the lift plane to fit in my small car, gas mileage go figure. Thats all for now, more in the future.

If your chute fails to open, your screwed !!
Old 02-05-2008, 06:15 PM
dalepurkey

Wow, Great thread. I am building a jumper now. I think it is from the old rcm plans. Are there several parachute designs out there? Can anyone link me to plans or ready made chutes for sale? Who makes the best chutes? thanks Dale
Old 02-12-2008, 10:37 PM
wjones

Hello from Louisvill, Ky

Good to read all, RC Skydiving Forum. a lot more getting into the fun!!!!!

Wil
rcdropzone.com
Old 03-03-2008, 09:23 PM
slcombs
My Feedback: (4)

Hi Guys I Have A Ryobi Charley Rc Skydiver That I Want To Sell It Is In Very Good Shape And Has All The Radio Gear I Think It Is JR
But I Don't Know For Sure I Would Like To Get $120.00 Shipped For It If It Dosent Sell By This Weekend Im Taking It To A RC
Auction You Can Email Me At [email protected] Or Call Me At 580 761-0636 Any Tima Untell 9:00 PM Centrel Time

I Will Take Paypal Only

Thanks
STEVE
Old 03-06-2008, 08:53 PM
gator8287

Hello from Canada. Just ordered my guy today and cant wait for it to arrive. Looking forward to all the great info on this forum from all the experianced guys.

Don
Old 04-04-2008, 12:31 PM
goldenknight1

Don :
When you get some drops in please try and send me some pictures so that I can put them in the picture archives here is the web page they or on http:// home.earthlink.net/~goldenknight1 have about 8 pages right now but hope for a lot more.

Bob [8D]
fair winds and blue skies
Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 PM
gator8287

Just got him yesterday and am rigging him up today. It may be some time befor he drops since I have destroyed the drop plane and have to build another. I am looking at a Palatus Porter 50cc gases 80" span to use with self start of course. Will be glad to sent pic when all is done and ready.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:30 PM
goldenknight1

I have a porter platius and and I had inherit from one of our rallies at muncie after it had gone in , I rebuilt it and got it flying if you build a drop box for it mount the drop box so that your jumper is centered on the CG of aircraft. I now have 25 flights on mine since then and with a 90magnumXL with a 13/7 prop on it boy does it haul the mail . with about 10 pecent flaps it will get you to a good drop altitude in about 2 to 3 min.

BOB
fair winds and blue skies
Old 04-04-2008, 02:20 PM
firefighter38

Hello, I've been in r/c for about 20yrs and i am interested in r/c skydiving where do i begin?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.