Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

RC SKDIVING FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 12:03 PM
goldenknight1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC SKDIVING FORUM

HEY GUYS THIS IS OUR CHANCE FOR A FORUM IN RC UNIVERSE I NEED REPLIES FOR PLANE INSANE SO THAT HE CAN SEE HOW ACTIVE THIS FORUM WILL BE. LET ME KNOW BY REPLYS IF YOU WANT TO GET THIS FORUM GOING
Old 03-06-2007, 12:05 PM
JuanF

Default RE: RC SKDIVING FORUM

I'm all for this. Our own forum will give us a centralized location to make posts and get information out about RC Skydiving.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:15 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a guy in my club...gearing up for RC Skydiving. The problem is...I know nothing about it, and it does look like it might be A TON OF FUN!!!

SO.........I need a place to go for this kind of info...and RCU is perfect.........

ROCK THIS FORUM!![sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Old 03-06-2007, 12:37 PM
rcdirigibles

I think that serious wonderful a place specify for R/C Skydiving.
Any doubt or commentary we are going to know where exactly to go.
Regards from Mexico City, Mexico.
[/size]
Old 03-06-2007, 12:56 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Yes, by all means; our club has about 30 members, and 3 of us have RC Skydivers now, with others interested; obviously this is gaining interest at our club and through the RC world; our own Forum would help us to generate even more interest and paticipation.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:22 PM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

This is great. I think we have needed one of these for a long time now. I'm all in for keeping an eye out and helping with any questions people have. I know for fact there is several hundred more r/c skydivers than there was 2 years ago. It is a growing part of the hobby, and what better way to help people get the scoop about how to do it.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:24 PM
hansie

Yep,a forum would certainly be nice,i have noticed that a lot of times i am online with another RC skydiver,sometimes even from my own country!!!
Would be very nice if i would be able to say helle directly...

grts Guys!!!!!!!

By the way:check out the following website www.d3company.com/base.html
Old 03-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Cryhavoc
My Feedback: (46)

I've been looking into this for months. One place to see what others are doing would be great.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:10 PM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

That's a great idea! There are a lot more people with RC Skydivers all over the world than we think and a forum would be a big help in keeping everyone up to speed on new ideas, experiences and equipment. I have personaly swapped emails with guys from Australia, Belgium, Gautamala and Mexico. A forum would generate even more interest. Let's give it a try guys!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:24 PM
skydiver

Sounds good to me.

Still no jumps this year, always happy to hear from others with better weather.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:47 PM
John Sedovic

I agree we do need a place we can call Home. I sure hope we get all the guys from Muncie, Washington and all the other sky diving LZ's. Sure would be nice to talk to Juan and all the other guy's.

Blue Skies To All,
John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30021.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	636832  
Old 03-06-2007, 10:28 PM
FLYING HILLBILLY

sounds good to me 10-4 on the forum
i'm ready to get my man in the air
man i'm looking foward to summer getting here this has been a long drawed out winter
Old 03-07-2007, 01:35 AM
broodwa

That's a brilliant idea! T

here are a lot more people with RC Skydivers all over the world than we think and a forum would be a big help in keeping everyone up to speed on new ideas, experiences and equipment.

I have personaly swapped emails with guys from Australia and New Zealand interrested and wanting more info. A forum would generate even more interest.

Blue Skies!!
Fanie Fourie
South Africa
Old 03-07-2007, 03:21 AM
lundy

In the biggest Modeling enthusiast Forum of the World , A forum for Rc Skydivers !,
Where is the Champagne ! YEEEEEEEEI
We may be looking somewhat different , We are not "Unusual". [&:]

,Jules
Old 03-07-2007, 07:40 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Alright ..........lets all stop patting ourselves on the back, and get down to business!!

I have seen 2 different types of skydiver......a large one that seemed to weight about 4 pounds, and a smaller version weighing in at about 2 pounds.........So lets get this forum jumping with a few answers from the experts........

1. Can you list the suppliers of these little jumpers?
2. Are they any plans out there....so some of use more frugal RC'ers can build one?
3. Can you discuss the release procedure from the airplane platform..........
4. Discuss the weight difference in the 2 different sized jumpers, how they fly, and the pro's and cons of each one!!

OK EXPERTS........I'm ready to learn.........

Old 03-07-2007, 07:50 AM
heli_Rod

Try this site for kits:

http://www.rcskydiving.com/xcart/home.php
Old 03-07-2007, 10:25 AM
skydiver

Hi Maniac,

I'm certainly not an expert but will attempt to answer your questions with some quick comments. I'm sure there are other people out there with complete answers.

#1 Try Dave Naylor's site www.rcskydiving.com His equipment is used by many and took all three places at the Muncie 2006 Rally in September. Used two small jumpers hauled up by a small electric jump plane. And third place with his "Advanced" jumper

#2 There are plans on the web, I think Juan has some of Wally Gitchell's canopy plans and some are available thru AMA's plan service.

#3 Jumpers are usually carried with a jump box installed on the bottom of the fuselage and controlled by a servo operating a release pin. Also, jumpers can be carried by pods mounted outboard from the fuselage and using servos to release the jumpers

#4 I'm only familiar with the larger jumpers, 60" span and weighing approx 3.25 pounds It was my opinion that the larger jumpers "fly" better, but Dave Naylor's jumpers certainly disproved that theory by using a superior design. Weight is dependent on the size of the canopy and the need for good penetration when the wind increases.

Hope this helps some
Paul Reiner
Old 03-07-2007, 10:45 AM
JuanF

Broodwa,
I just bought the February issue of RC Model World and on page 32 the is a picture of and RC Parachutist. It is from the Oudtshoorn Scale Meet. Is that of picture if your jumper? Were there other RC Skydivers there? Keep up the good work.
Juan
Old 03-07-2007, 11:15 AM
JuanF

RC Maniac119,
To answer a few of your questions:

1. Bob Deadmond and John Sedovic have the plans for the Wally Gitchel parachutes. You can contact them at their website: http://www.mindspring.com/~sanyo1/ Bob is also making parachutes and jumpers.

2. Skydiver was correct in saying that release boxes are used for holding the jumpers under the airplanes and releasing them. Although I have been using just a strap to hold my jumper to the airplane. At the present time I'm using a Senior Telemaster powered with a Supre Tiger 25cc engine. This setup has worked good for me. I can carry two jumpers up with no sweat. I'm in the process of making up some release boxes to hold three jumpers.

3. I have a set of plans for a jumper that is about 18" tall, it requires a bit of wood cutting and wire bending. Also some sewing skills to make the jumpsuit. If you are interested in plans PM me at [email protected]

4. As far as the weight for the jumper. I can only go by my experience. My jumper is 18" tall and I have him weighted down to about 2.5 lbs. I'm using Bob Deadmond's Paravision parachute and have about 25 drops on the parachute. I have also used one of Bob's standard parachutes and both have worked really great. The weight of the jumper depends more on the size. It does make a difference adding weight to the jumper. Makes him more responsive to the controls.

Juan
Old 03-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Ucak

YES, Yes, yes,,, we want a form for rc jumping

I just ordered my chute from rcskydiving.com

Ucak
Old 03-07-2007, 02:17 PM
JuanF

For everyone's information Goldenknight1 asked me to let everyone know that his computer is down and he doesn't expect to be back online until Friday the 9th of March.

Juan
Old 03-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Frans 02

Thanks for the info you provided about Rc Skydiving , very interesting .
I have to look more over here .

,Frans
Old 03-07-2007, 09:01 PM
GaryV
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Guys,

A Forum dedicated to R/C Skydiving sounds great to me. [sm=lol.gif]
I have tried, unsuccessfully though, to get the TV show Inside R/C to come to one of our Muncie Meets.
Does anyone have any inside contacts?

I hope the Forum comes through,.... well I better go to the garage and finish pulling the transaxle out of my van or I won't be making it to any of the rally's

Good luck,

GaryV
Old 03-07-2007, 09:36 PM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Hey Guys,

To answer a few questions that were ask in my words.

Our Micro Jumper weighs in at 10 oz. ready to exit aircraft. He is 9 inches tall and take 2- Hitec HS-81MG servos and a Micro receiver.

Our Standard jumper weighs in at 3-1/2 lbs and is 16 inchs tall. He takes 2 servos for the arms and a servo to release the chute, plus a mini receiver.

All jumpers are dropped about the same way, belly down under the aircraft. Almost everyone uses this method. Some drop 1, some 2, and some 3 at a time. All of our aircraft (even the giant Stinger) is setup for electric power. This keeps the mess off the skydivers from the fuel.

Anybody in the area of northern ohio, stop in at the Toledo Weak Signals Expo and say Hi. We will be in booths 253-254, and we have 2 big new project to introduce to R/C skydiving.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:29 PM
spinbotz

Heyas, wow, finally found the forum request thingie. Thanks Goldenknight for pointing out this was here and not at the other forum, *rcgroups.com* I was hunting all over for it. There IS a parasail paramotor thread being considered there, and some folks have posted a few pics of their projects. Though THIS one is probably limited to just R/C skydivers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.