Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

jumpers and planes

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 01:43 PM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: jumpers and planes

We sell a Giant Scale guy. www.rcskydiving.com He is 26" tall and weighs in at 5 lbs. We like jumping him, but he's not as handy to jump 5 times a day. Usually you have to take him up by himself because he's so big. Usually we like to jump 2 or 3 divers at a time, so we stick to the Micro jumper and Standard jumper. I have built a bigger jumper for my personal use this year and he's not for sale. He came in at 32" tall. Lets just say, I should be able to see him.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:09 PM
broodwa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ucak

Broodwa,

Fantastic looks like you'r having fun in SAfrica. I am looking at getting it going here in Turkey waiting on my chute in the mail now. Still thinking about how to make my man. If you have time I would like to see some pictures of your jumper without the suite so I could see the setup on your arms. Pictures of both sides would be great.

Thanks

Brad
Hi Brad, will gladly assist but I see skydiver beat me to it. Mine is built on the same principle as Mike also, mostly fibreglass construction but not nearly neat as you can see from the photos skydiver posted.

If you want advise on working with fibre glass I'm no expert but I will assist you where I can.

I still want to get myself a Mike but recently found out my wife is pregnant so that will have to wait for a while!

Regards,
Fanie
Old 03-31-2007, 03:28 PM
broodwa

ORIGINAL: edge_pilot
....... I have built a bigger jumper for my personal use this year and he's not for sale. He came in at 32" tall. Lets just say, I should be able to see him.
Hi Dave,

How about a photo would like to see how it looks compared to your previous Giant Jumper. What plane do you use to haul up that sucker?

Blue Skies!!
Old 04-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Ucak

Dave,

Hey I saw your big divers on the site when I ordered my chute. I guess I thought that there might be a bunch of guys diving something bigger than those... which I guess you are

Let's see a picture of your biggest next to a normal scale when you get time.

BTW I found my chute in the mail and am having it remailed to Turkey. Thanks

Brad
Old 04-03-2007, 04:50 PM
aileron101

For those of you jumping with Mikes from Paramax or similar:

Which chutes are you using? I am looking for something that will give me more forward speed to allow me to penetrate into this blasted Kansas wind. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

I have been very pleased with the way Mike has performed and have never had a dirt dive with him (almost 100 jumps). I have had a malfunction in which a steering line got hung up once and another in which the flag got hung up in the risers but the chute has always opened. Steering was the problem both times.
I am thinking of getting some more jumpers in the future and was wondering if the giant unit that Dave sells is any better? I would prefer a unit built here in the states if at all possible.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:09 PM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you will be interested in what we are about to release to the public. At the Toledo show we will be introducing a new skydiver to take the place of our standard size jumper. This is a fully scale looking jumper. It will put anything on the market to shame that I have seen yet. He is about 17" tall and will have the exact proportions as a real person, no square chest, no goofy looking face, nothing but scale looks. His radio gear will be the simpliest and most rugged I have seen to date. I know all this sounds to good to be true, but this diver has been a massive effort of RCSkydiving to get the people what they want. I have taken everyones inputs on what they don't like about all the jumpers on the market and compiled them with what we have learned in 5 years of skydiving ourselves and rolled it all into one diver. If your at the Toledo Weak Signals show in April, stop by the booth to see him. Otherwise I will post pictures and all specs as soon as we return from the show. Trust me, it's worth waiting for!!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:10 AM
goldenknight1
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Dave when you get back from toledo put some picture and tell us how the people were imprest with your skydivers ok

bob
Old 04-04-2007, 01:33 PM
goldenknight1
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: goldenknight1

Hey Dave when you get back from toledo put some picture and tell us how the people were imprest with your skydivers ok

bob
Dave I sent yuo a pm if that is not enough then I will type the same message in skydiving forum ok. I apologize for the misunderstanding of the post
[][]
Old 04-06-2007, 04:14 AM
pieter

Theo Vaesen with his big jumper.
chute is 2,75 m (9 feet)

here is the link to all the pictures
[link=http://www.rc-parachute.nl/foto/julia/index.html]giant skydiver Yulia[/link]

look on our site for some more pictures of our skydiving team, jumpers, and planes.
[link=http://www.rc-parachute.nl]www.rc-parachute.nl[/link]
Old 04-06-2007, 08:17 PM
JuanF

Pieter,
I checked out the website. The pictures are awesome. Thanks for sharing. Is Theo bringing his Giant Jumper to Muncie.
Juan
Old 04-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Ucak

Wow now that jumper could be seen for quite a few miles. Hopefully someday I will have one that big!

Thanks for the great pictures.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:11 PM
JuanF

Pictures of my newest jumper who I call "Smiley Juan". I had purchased the jumpsuit material a long time back. My neice was sewing up some jumpsuits for me and saw the smiley face fabric and just had to make a jumpsuit from it. Smiley Juan now has 5 drops on a Jalbert Model Parafoil that is manufactured by Bob Deadmond. The chute flies just great.
Juan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41372.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	674215   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74971.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	674216