Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Simple with Great Looks!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 09:08 PM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Simple with Great Looks!

We everyone, here is the new diver we have introduced at Toledo Show. So far the new diver has made a huge impression on people wanting to skydive. This diver makes it easy for anybody to get into the hobby and have a good time. The pictures show the diver suited up and no suit, this way you can get what I mean about scale looks. No more square chest, no linkage nightmares, no hassles!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71183.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	675592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82612.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	675593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37042.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	675594   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kd89210.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	675595  
Old 04-30-2007, 10:05 PM
goldenknight1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Simple with Great Looks!

Dave: great pictures of your new skydiver, what type servos are using on the arms. and are the legs spring loaded? You should do real well with the super diver you have posted.

congatulation to rcskydivivg.com

BOB[8D][8D]
Old 05-01-2007, 01:37 PM
edge_pilot

The main servos (arms) are HS-805 Hitec servos. We have converted them to 180 degree rotation so the arms go from straight up to straight down. This gives you all the power and movement you could ever need. Also, the servos have a super strong gear train, which keeps them from strpping any gears. The servos are strong enough for the diver to do chinups at will. We use a HS-81MG for the chute release to assure parachute opening without fault. Yes, the legs are spring loaded for freefall possition and landing possition.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:25 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Dave;

What's the deal, are the Blue Bird Servos not recommended anymore, any problems with the Blue Bird Servos recommended for the older Skydiver?

Old 05-02-2007, 07:33 AM
edge_pilot

For the older diver they work just fine. Thats what all of our older divers are still using and I still reccommend them for that use. The new diver just has a complete new setup so we made it for these other servos for several reasons.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:53 AM
Ucak

Dave,

Great looking new man. How difficult is it to convert the servos to 180 deg. rotation? Can it be done by me the average guy or is it a special setup? Is it something you can explain on the forum as I am living overseas?

Thanks

Brad
Old 05-16-2007, 08:51 AM
edge_pilot

Making a HS-805 180 degree rotation is more difficult than I can explain on here, but the good news is we do it for you. If you buy a diver and order the servos with it we do the modification for $5.00 a servo. If you buy them by themselves its $10.00 each. Even better news though, the diver will be really controllable without this modification at all. We are getting so much postive control that even 90 degrees of throw works very well. If you have a computer radio you can turn up the travel adjustment also for more than 90 degrees. Most of the ones we are selling are keeping with the standard servos. The warrenty on the servos does get voided when we do this mod.