Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C > R/C Sky Diving
Reload this Page >

4 stroke vs 2 stroke in carrying up jumpers

Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

4 stroke vs 2 stroke in carrying up jumpers

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Ucak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 stroke vs 2 stroke in carrying up jumpers

Which is better for power to bring the jumpers up? I am working on a jump plane idea and would like it to life 3 maybe 4 divers at 3 lbs each. Therefore the question before I buy the engine... 2 stroke or 4 stroke or does it make much difference?

Thanks

Ucak
Old 03-30-2008, 08:10 PM
ennyka

Default RE: 4 stroke vs 2 stroke in carrying up jumpers

It depends on the plane. I prefer electric but that gets real expensive when the plane gets big. The reason why I prefer electric is that it is cleaner, if you use nitro oreven gas you have to worry about the divers getting soaked with oil from the exhaust.

I use the Sr Telemaster with a worn out (but it was cheeep) OS 91 FX but I only haul one as of now (3lbs). I did however run the exhaust tube to back of the plane under the elevator to keep the diver clean and this works well with now effect to the engine other than a cool sound.

Two or Four....I rather two for weight issues but there or some people that say Four for the extra torque.....I know I didn't answer your question but I think its your preference, it really doesn't matter. I would overpower the plane though just for insurance.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Huntster

Go GAS......

you'll need a large wing span and GAS is the best way.. It's economical and loads of power for the size.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:14 PM
mandtra
My Feedback: (29)

I think you could make either one work just fine if proped correctly, But I agree with Huntster I would go Gas