Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Winter RC Skydiving

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:18 AM
JuanF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter RC Skydiving

We finally had a break in the rainy Washington state weather and I got in a few drops this past Saturday. Alan Piercy of the Lewis County RC Club was kind enough to invite to the club's flying field. Alan is using a Kavan mini-skydiver. He took the following pictures of Small Juan. I was using my Senior Telemaster for the jump plane and Small Juan's parachute is a Jalbert design made by Bob Deadmond. Hope some of you all are getting some good weather.
Juan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52703.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1073731   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51297.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1073732   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51949.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1073733   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz74721.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1073734   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx24428.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1073735  
Old 11-17-2008, 01:49 PM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Winter RC Skydiving

Good job Juan! The jumps look great! Didn't know it ever stopped raining in your neck of the woods!!! Looks like ya'll had a lots of fun-and that's what it's all about!
I jumped 1 Charly and 2 Mike's at a Veterans Day ceremony in central Ga. on the 8th and all landed within a few feet of the pilots. I was flying the flag Mike and was able to get it to my catcher okeven in the 18mph winds that day!! Reminded me of Muncie in Sept.
Since then we have had nothing but windy wx and some of your rain. Looks like early spring before we get to jumping again. YUK!!!
Jim

Name:	Ay76145.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1073831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74690.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1073832   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr42218.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1073833  
Old 11-18-2008, 11:33 AM
skydiver

Jim, you should have done that in the Muncie high winds.

You guys are very fortunate. Here in Central Ohio it's 32f and very windy. It's too cold to go out, so I took this photo from the kitchen window.

Name:	Xv65760.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	1074393  
Old 11-18-2008, 06:07 PM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

Paul. You must have sent your wx down here winds above 15 and temps tonight down to 25. Enough already-we are ready for spring!! We don't want any of that snow!!!!!
Couldn't make good jumps in Muncie with the Spectrum 6100 receivers. They worked
well when jumping down here in almost no wind but in Muncie the winds got me out of receiver range. That's my story and I'm sticking with it! I learned a good lesson but had to do some surgery on both Mike jumpers back home. My surgical skills got them both back flying well! If only spring would hurry up!!! Jim
Old 11-18-2008, 08:32 PM
JuanF

Jim, really liked that picture of your catcher with the skydiver with the flag. Up in this neck of the woods at this time of the year we fly inbetween rain showers and stuff. Went out this morning got in a couple of drops and then the rains came. I'll see about sending the rain down your way and keeping the sunshine, LOL.

Paul, I'll let you keep the wind and 32f temps. The snow and stuff I can also do without. It was "very windy" at our field today it got up all the way to 10 mph. Which is of course much better than the winds we had at Muncie this year. Although I may consider making drops in high winds here just in case we get winds at Muncie next year.

Hope the weather inproves for you all.
Juan