Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C > R/C Sky Diving
Reload this Page >

Official RCSkydiving questions & help

Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Official RCSkydiving questions & help

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:51 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Official RCSkydiving questions & help

Hello all R/C Skydiver's and all who want to be.

I am starting this thread to help anyone that currently has a diver from RCSkydiving or individuals that are looking to buy a skydiver. I will try to answer all questions as fast as possible about our products. This thread is not soley limited to RCSkydiving product though, we can also answer any questions you may have about the sport of R/C Skydiving.

If you would like to get in the hobby and just don't know how to go about it, please feel free to ask questions. We are here to promote the hobby.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:45 PM
RLR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official RCSkydiving questions & help

Hi
I have made my chute's from real parachute meterial and they fly great.
So I now want to try and do some printing on them.

Is it possible?

I have not done a lot of research on this.

Riaan(South Africa)
Old 12-21-2008, 09:49 AM
edge_pilot

We use zero perosity ripstop nylon, this is the highest grade "real" parachute material on the market, that I know of. This material will not accept anything in the way of printing, not that we have found anyways. We have a hard time marking it long enough to get it sewn together. I have even dripped CA glue on it and it came right off after it was fully dry. I know another one of the skydivers I have talked to has taken a chute to a proffessional printer and done an eagle on the bottom that looked very good. I doubt the material was zero perosity though. I would say it would be something you would want to try on a piece of scrap first and then if it works take a good chute in.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:44 PM
RLR

Thanks

I will check with the company I buy the meterial from about the porosity level, as far as I know it is 5%.

A local printing place has tried the printing but no good. I have tried using good ink, it does take into the meterial but do not no what will happen in rhe sun. Have not tried that.

Will let you know about the porosity level. Will more porosity efect the forward flight. The chutes I have made fly great. Don't have any problems whatsoever.

Cheers Riaan
Old 12-21-2008, 06:27 PM
edge_pilot

In general, the lower the porosity the better the chute performs. All of the real chutes made of zero perosity are the top of the line chutes. 100% of all the air has to go around the zero perosity, 5% means 5% of the air can go through the fabric. Most of the guys do not like sewing zero perosity because it is extremely slippery.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:02 AM
echomike1947

Hi My new Golden Knight Diver has 3 loose lines which go to the right Riser line. What's the best method to reattach them.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:38 AM
edge_pilot

could you email me a picture of this? Send it to [email protected].

I'm not sure what you mean by they are not attached?
Old 12-28-2008, 10:16 PM
echomike1947

Hi Dave
Gene here, I repaired the steering line with no problems and had 2 successful jumps today. I have have another question for you...do you sew regular parachutes and if so what sizes do you have.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:56 PM
edge_pilot

Great to hear,

No, we only sew ram air style chutes. Other than our small pilot chutes they are all steerable chutes.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:55 AM
RLR

Hi
I am proud t announce that we will be having our first r/c skydiving compition in SA.
We will have it together with our club's fly-inn, first weekend in Feb.

So how do I do this. I am looking for rules, entry forms, jugding methods and any helpfull ideas.

We hope to have 6 to 8 jumpers.

Thanks Riaan
Old 01-24-2009, 02:41 PM
pieter

if you can read german this might help.
you can also take a look at the pictures..
http://fallschirm.dmfv.aero/hpdocs/p...ibung_2008.pdf
Old 03-18-2009, 06:38 AM
edge_pilot

If anybody is going to be in the Toledo Ohio area for the Weak Signals Expo April 3,4,5, stop by our booth and take a look at some of the neat new products we have.

It won't be hard to find us this year, 1- we are in the same spot as last year, 2- we have a 3 foot tall diver with a 7 foot parachute hanging from the ceiling right over our both.

We also will be showing off our new toy project, It is our own version of the jet powered wingman. Ours has electric ducted fans, but it is a fully functional flying wing skydiver that deploys the chute to land. Not for everyone, but a neat addition to our collection.

Just stop by and say HI, pick up a few things you need, or just stop by and find out what R/C Skydiving is all about and how its done.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:06 PM
R/C Skyjumper

Dave thats one BIG Jumper and chute , Can you fly him up on a 40 power LOL Just joking, wish I could be there to see it
Old 03-19-2009, 06:19 AM
edge_pilot

After the show we will post pictures here for everyone who doesn't get a chance to go can see.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:40 PM
rebranger

I bought a used skydiver the kind made in England.
I need help packing the chute as sometimes it doesn't open. Any suggestions?
Old 04-16-2009, 04:48 PM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

Sent you an email to answer all your questions about a Charly jumper.

Jim B.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:59 PM
mikecward

Hello all,

I am finally back to working on my jumper after almost 2 years.

I finished my jump plane and am planning on a maiden flight next week. If that goes OK, I will install the diver release mechanism and go from there.

I have a couple of questions.

Where can I find instructions for packing a Gitchel chute? Video would be great, pictures OK.

I need a pattern for making a suit for my jumper. Anyone know where I could find one? I searched on the internet and only found patterns for girls dolls, no GI Joe, or anything like that.

Thanks for your help,
Mike
Old 10-26-2011, 05:27 AM
dmowery

Mike
I sell jump suits already made and these are the best lookuing on the market-Let me know the size of your jumper and I have them in Orange and also airforce OD-check the front page on my web site and contact me
Thanks
Don
Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 AM
roknHS

Is RCSkydiving.com still around? I have posted two request for information on the web site over the last couple of weeks and have not had a response. Web site looks like it is active.................anyone know why they don't respond to customer inquiries............sickness, vacation, tornados???
Old 03-23-2012, 04:32 PM
edge_pilot

Hello roknHS,

Yes we are still in business and yes still making skydivers. Sorry for the lack of customer support in the last few weeks. We had a death in our close family and we have also been working 12 to 14 hour days, 7 days a week at our other job. Usually when I have had time I have worked on orders and not emails. Things have settled down and we are getting back to normal with orders and emails. Sorry for this delay. Let me know what you are looking for or any questions you may have and I will get right on it. Thanks
Old 03-23-2012, 07:53 PM
roknHS

Well, good to know you're still there...........I guess you'll get to my inquiries as you catch up on your business e-mail. I'll wait to hear from you.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 PM
roknHS

Took me a little while to get hooked up with Dave at RCskydiving. I bought 2 ultimate drop boxes.................just wanted to say they are excellant quality and a very good value. I was impressed by the design and the attention to detail. If all his merchandise is as well thought out and of similiar quality, it would be hard to find a better supplier. I am very pleased with my purchase.
Thanks Dave at RCskydiving
Old 05-02-2012, 06:17 PM
roknHS

R/C Skydiver (Jim) sent me a DVD on how to fold my chute and pack it for a dive...........I've attached a static line to the drag chute. The end of the static line has a piece of velcro attached that will be stuck to a velcro patch on the bottom of the fuselage. During a drop, the static line should easily pull the drag chute out before the velcro seperates from the patch on the bottom of the plane. If the main chute will unfurl, I shouldn't have any dirt dives...................
How do you guys store your chutes between skydiving sessions? The longer my chute stays packed, the more it seems to resist unfolding and spreading out. Do you hang your open chute during idle time and then fold and pack just before a jump? Would a product like Cling Free (anti-static) or possibly talcum powder help the material to unfold?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 PM
lundy

ORIGINAL: roknHS

How do you guys store your chutes between skydiving sessions? The longer my chute stays packed, the more it seems to resist unfolding and spreading out. Do you hang your open chute during idle time and then fold and pack just before a jump? Would a product like Cling Free (anti-static) or possibly talcum powder help the material to unfold?
You just gave the answer to the question , never store your chute packed in the backpack ,talcum powder is a solution only if used the real stuff ,not the nice smelling stuff ! And use it sparse just sprinkle it , not too much or your chute turned into a sticky rag .
The best way is hang it out in a dry clean room with a plastic bag over it, don't close the bag ! separated from the jumper hanging on the lines .
I store them that way from the beginning and my oldest chute is 30 years old and still in top condition .

But there are maybe colega that's have a much better way to store a chute for the winter, I'm the first to listen !

Sheers ,Jules
Old 05-03-2012, 03:31 AM
edge_pilot

yes, definately do not store your skydiver with the chute packed up in it's container.

I do not pack the chute until we are ready to start jumping for the day. I almost always leave the diver hang from his feet and let the chute hang "naturally" how it wants. At the field I will lay the diver on the ground with the chute layed out flat on the ground for the sun to shine on it while we are getting other stuff ready.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.