Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C > R/C Sky Diving
Reload this Page >

Anyone give me some info on RC Skydiving?

Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Anyone give me some info on RC Skydiving?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 10:45 PM
AndrewsnMorgan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone give me some info on RC Skydiving?

It looked like in one video a guy was controling his skydiver... Do you guys control them!?!?! I would like some reading material that you guys could link me.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:15 PM
davidgeorge212

Default RE: Anyone give me some info on RC Skydiving?

I at one time was considering getting into it but I think it was just a little too unknown to me. here is a website you can look at: http://www.rcskydiving.com/home.php?cat=426 It is a little more expensive then I thought it would be. Those chutes are a little pricey. But yes from the gist of what I know, they are controled. They have two servos and a flight pack and a receiver in them. One servo controls each arm and it works just like if a real person were to fly a parachute. Pull one arm down and you turn one way or pull the other arm down and you turn the other way or pull both arms down to slow down and land. I would like to learn more myself.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:39 AM
ennyka

Yes you are correct. The divers have there own radio and pilot. Far the learning part the hardest thing to master is packing and caring for the chute. After the chute opens anybody can fly one home. They really get expensive when You have to own the jump plane and the divers and then you have to let someone else fly the jump plane. I use the ugly sticks for jump/utility planes. I also have the internals of two DX6i modded for both of the sticks to be fully up at neutral that way it just like the divers arms. It is fun and NEW at just about any feild you take it to and you will have people that normally fly 40 and 50% #d ships that will be amazed how you can Skydive. If you have any other questions feel free to get on here and ask.

I have three divers SPUD- a rcskydiving ultimate diver weighs three pounds ready to jump MJ- am micro jumper and TBoy anothert micro the micro usually ride together on the plane with two jump pilots in control.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:04 AM
dmowery

Contact me and I can help answer any questions and I do make chutes and kit jumpers total less than 300.00 for a set, there are a few good makers of chutes and jumpers in the USA
Thanks
Don
Owner R/C Skyjumper.com
Old 05-16-2010, 11:41 PM
davidgeorge212

I have one question I have been wondering about. What kind of wind can these parachuters handle? My biggest fear is I drop the parachuter out of the plane and the chute opens and it gets carried away in a gust of wind.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:41 AM
dmowery

Most of the chutes can handle at least a 10 MPH wind with no trouble - Depending on weight and chute
Don
Old 06-05-2011, 03:48 AM
vapour trail

HI GUYS,
Just wondering if anyone can help.Have just made a new chute as I wanted to have a go .The size is 9 cell 82inch x 27inch. Firstly will it work. Also how do you work out the length of each row of suspension lines. I know that the A lines are the shortest. The D lines are the longest. And the difference between A and D gives the canopy its glide angle. But how do you work out the A line and D line length to start with. My DIVER weight is just under 3 lbs if this helps. Hope someone out there can help as at this point i am stuck.

REGARDS TO ALL LEE

Gravity is a myth the earth sucks.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:39 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To all the guys wondering about the skydivers and controlling them. I believe the question has been answered about control, yes it can be done. Further more the chutes can be deployed on demand as well. Our Hangtime diver has 8" of servo travel to pull the lines to steer, this is enough to make him spin at a very high rate of speed, or completely stall the chute on demand.

Yes the prices are more than some people think, until you see the chute in person and the quality of our divers one could be skeptical.

The best way to find information out is just take a look at the various forums right here and read up and take a look at the pictures.

If you want to know specific questions about skydiving or our divers in general don't hesitate to drop me an email or contact me through our website. We can set you up with as little or as much as you need to get in the air correctly.

[email protected]
www.rcskydiving.com

Old 12-09-2011, 11:42 AM
JeffinTD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get one and try it! I have a micro diver, and it is a blast.

The first couple of times expect packing the chute to be a pain, but once you have done it a few times it becomes much easier.

I have mine set up so the skydiver pilot controls the drop servo, in addition to controlling the arms to deploy and fly the chute.

Yeah, they aren't cheap, but I would agree with the above- once you see the work and craftsmanship that goes into one...
Old 01-11-2012, 07:41 PM
GaryV
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Vapour Trail,

Did you get your chute rigged? If not I will try to explain it , best I can anyway.

GaryV