RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   R/C Sky Diving (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/r-c-sky-diving-474/)
-   -   R/C Skydiver Rally 2008 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/r-c-sky-diving-474/7319562-r-c-skydiver-rally-2008-a.html)

GaryV 07-19-2008 04:58 PM

RE: R/C Skydiver Rally 2008

Jules,

I filled up the other day for $3.88 gal. It has been around $3.85-$4.00 gal. gasoline, and around $4.65 gal. diesel.
Don't know what you guy's are nervous about, how many contest have you and Theo won this year, HA,HA.

See you guy's later.

In Baltimore MD now, heading for Camden Yard to see the Orioles play.

GaryV

lundy 07-20-2008 02:07 AM

To be honest not one ! Theo ended 2é in Heringen I was 8é that where the best results sofar this year [:'(]:):):)
I think I keep the best for last LOL :D

jules

goldenknight1 07-21-2008 08:41 AM

JULES :
YOU HAD BETTER WATCH OUT JUAN SAYS HE IS GOING TO TRY AND BEAT YOU THIS YEAR , DO NOT WORRY I WILL WATCH WHERE HE LANDS WE HAVE TO WATCH THOSE GUYS FROM THE WEST COST HA HA . SEE AT YOU MUNCIE

BOB [8D]:D

lundy 07-21-2008 09:05 AM

Juan almost beat me last year !

The pressure is building up ! [sm=49_49.gif] :):D

FlyBy8 08-06-2008 10:27 PM

Hey Jules:

Seems like there was alot of talk last year about dropping pants....

But not so much this year...

Are ya a little week in the knees overseas? :D:):):)

lundy 08-07-2008 05:07 AM

Hi Paul ,

Maybe you Americans are a little Angry to Belgians , about the But story ! [sm=72_72.gif] ( I have nothing to do with that !)[sm=71_71.gif]

So I play it smart this year , I keep a low profile ! :)

I watch the progress you guys are making , and my conclusion is, its not gone be easy this year ! HI HI HI !!!!:D

You can not win them all.:)

( Luck is with the fools , so maybe I have a chance any way ) [sm=drowning.gif]

38 days and counting

,Jules

FlyBy8 08-07-2008 06:13 AM

Now Jules,

"Americans are a little Angry to Belgians", never.... We love good compition.

I was just looking for a source of additional inspriation... But if you don't want to play along, I understand;)

As for progress, I am hitting the runway now. But will 38 days be enough time for me to find the circle????[sm=47_47.gif]

Paul

lundy 08-07-2008 08:11 AM

Paul ,

This is just a cover up operation of you ! You are going for the Target !!! :D (I have some inside information !):D

Yesterday I made the last test flights with my flag diver, for the Muncie Rally , tuning everything to the limits ! UHUCHMMM !! :)
Discovered some problems with the switch of my Diver , better here than in Muncie !

Hope nobody is reading this , I am preparing for the big blast in Muncie ! [sm=wink_smile.gif] so keep this still !

, jules :)

goldenknight1 08-07-2008 09:22 AM

Jules :
We are looking forward to all of you fellow divers from Europe , Jaun and I have been practicing with a twenty foot circle and we believe we will give you a run for the trophys this year . I have met and help some jumpers in my area and it may be possible that we shall have two more coming with us. I think your flag jumper is great and will get it up on web today so that people see how you guys go slow so you can hit the target ha ha just joking will see you in muncie:D:D:D

Bob[8D]

goldenknight1 08-07-2008 09:49 AM

Jules Your picture is up on web page . Last page / 6 photos these are the pictures that we can see what we have to do to be competieble with you jumpers in in europe , das picture ist shurn.

Bob:D

lundy 08-08-2008 11:00 AM

Hi Bob ,

Hope you and your friends make it to the Rally in Muncie , The more people the greater the fun .
Last year Juan was burning my tail !
I think there gone be more of you Guys try hard this year !

AHAAY !! The pressure is building up !

Thanks for the welcome Bob !

, jules

ps, the photo is looking great on your website Bob .

GaryV 08-09-2008 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guy's,

Here are a few pics of my newest drop plane. It is a Great Planes Giant Stik ARF.
I have a Evolution 35cc for power and using a Futaba 9C radio and 9ch PCM receiver.
I had planned on using a 10C on 2.4 Ghz but the flaps would not work right using a Y harness on channel 6, however the ailerons worked ok with the Y.
I didn't try the 14ch rec because of a warning in the manual that it would not support certain manufactures digital servos.

Anyway the count down to Muncie continues.......

GaryV

twin3d 08-09-2008 07:37 AM

That looks great Gary, how does it fly? The Stik is one of my favorite airplanes their just an all around good plane.

Mike S.

GaryV 08-09-2008 08:15 PM

Hi Mike,

It flies great what little I have flown it. With one skydiver on board you can't tell its on there, I think it would do fine with two, but I don't know if I will try it.
I built it just for a Sunday flier and to drop a skydiver without having to haul around another plane.

Are you coming to Muncie as competition or drop pilot.

Hope the family is well, see you at Muncie.

Gary

twin3d 08-09-2008 08:52 PM

I plan on flying for Reiner for sure, I would like to compete it all depends on how windy it is. I have the chute flying good on calm or up to about 5mph winds. Anything over that and it just drifts away.

We are really looking forward to coming, we have been waiting and planning since last year. I think Paul Fannin, Paul Reiner and I are going to try and have a skydiver event at our field next year before Muncie; so we can have more than just one event to goto. We all need to get together more than just once a year.

Mike

FlyBy8 08-17-2008 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: GaryV

Hi Guy's,

Here are a few pics of my newest drop plane. It is a Great Planes Giant Stik ARF.

GaryV
Hey, nice plane Gary. That should be a lot of fun.

Who has been doing any jumping? Anyone go out this weekend?

Paul

GaryV 08-17-2008 10:56 PM

Hi Paul,

I did two drops today, I flew it once and let another guy giude it down once. I was about a foot from where I was aiming for and the other guy was about 30' from the target.

I changed the Stik over to 2.4Ghz. Bought a power expander from Smart Fly and used the 14 ch rec. It seemed to do ok.
I also purchased a module for my 9C to convert it to 2.4. Now all three of my skydivers are on 2.4 and one plane. I don't plan to change the other plane to 2.4, not before Muncie anyway.
I also got a Fultz double strut front gear, I will try to get it on this week.

Wes doesn't do much practice, He thinks it will jinx him at the rally.

GaryV

JuanF 08-18-2008 12:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Paul,
We had our club picnic today and I got in about 5 drops. Some pictures of our jump activiities. I have rigged up my Senior Telemaster with three drops boxes and we got the first triple drop at our field. We had a lot of fun. I have put together a jumper I call "Club Juan" he is for use by anyone in the club that wants to try RC Skydiving. The first victim was Jack Stryker our club president. Actually he was the only one brave enough to give it a try. I let my neice's son Ash control small juan, can't start them out to young I always say. Row 1 Picture 1 is Rick Gadd getting his jumper Little Rick ready to go. Row 1 Picture 2 Little Juan is just outside the circle, I had landed inside but he bounced out!! That is Rick Gadd paying homage to the left. Row 2 picture 3 is the usual suspects waiting for the drop, Rick Gadd on the left, Jack Stryker with his back to the camera, Me and my nephew. Row 2 Picture 4 is me and Ash landing Small Juan he landed just outside the circle.
Juan

R/C Skydiver 08-18-2008 07:18 AM

You guys are sure getting in a lot of practice jumps lately!! What's a poor fellow to do when he can just make the field on a 1600' grass runway with a width of about 250' across at the release point!! Hope to get in one more practice before Muncie so I can at least get it to the center of the drop zone!!! That won't even qualify for the quarter finals at Munciebut I will keep trying! Jules has probably been jumping for practice every day as we have not heard a lot of bragging from him lately. What about that Jules? All you Pauls in Columbus are gettin in so much practice that the rest of us don't stand a chance!!!!

Jim

lundy 08-18-2008 08:19 AM

Hi Jim ,

My practice level is not that high at the moment ! , Why is that ? Very wet and windy weather for the last two weeks and the rest of this week !

The best training will be the German Championship 30/31 of this month in Berlin .

The real threat is coming from Ohio this year ! :) ,
They are practicing a lot (first hand inside information ! [8D])
And they have very good equipment to ! :) And that's no joke !!![X(]

See you all in Muncie .

, jules

goldenknight1 08-18-2008 10:20 AM

Jules :
Juan is a big ***** cat all he does is send me e-mail of how good he is doing BUT he had better get all the practice he can get. I told him that I was not going to be running around socializing with all thw jumpers and that between you and I he is going to have to work his postierer off to win anything this year . Dee you at muncie and have a good trip over here.

BOB[8D]:):D

twin3d 08-18-2008 04:00 PM

We need to work on this inside information that Jules is getting..... :D We flew all day Sunday practicing with the jumpers we are just now getting the hang of it. I have been LUCKY a few times and been able to fly it to me and catch it but that doesn't do you much good unless your standing in the middle of the circle. We're all looking forward to coming and competing this year. Should be interesting. Any more thoughts on doing a mass jump?

Mike S.

FlyBy8 08-18-2008 06:49 PM

Gary,
Sounds like your gettin' all tweak up on 2.4. That will be cool, no more pin swappin'

Juan,
Looks like you guys had a great event. I like the "Club Juan" idea. Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Jim,
You won't have anything to worry about on my account. Practicing alot because I really need it.;) I can almost hit the runway everytime, now.[&o] But you remember the CORKS field, 2,200 ft. is a big target. Now where is that circle.....

And finally, Jules

ORIGINAL: lundy

The real threat is coming from Ohio this year ! :) ,
They are practicing a lot (first hand inside information ! [8D])
And they have very good equipment to ! :) And that's no joke !!![X(]

See you all in Muncie .

, jules

Thanks for the vote of confidence and compliments on our scratch built jumpers. And you haven't even seen them yet.:D
Too bad about your weather....

Paul

GaryV 08-18-2008 10:38 PM

Juan,

Thanks for sharing the pics, 26 days, not that anyone is counting.

looking forward to seeing old friend as much as the skydiving part if it.

Gary

JuanF 08-19-2008 08:44 AM

Paul & Gary,
Glad you liked the pictures. I had been kicking the idea around of making a jumper for club members to use and put one together using a gitchell parachute. What was kind of funny was that when Jack Stryker made the first drop on club juan I forgot to tell him the color of the parachute. He kind of got after me for that. He did figure out which jumper was his. I have been getting some practice drops done, don't know how much good they will do. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Muncie.
Juan