RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   R/C Sky Diving (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/r-c-sky-diving-474/)
-   -   R/C Skydiver Rally 2008 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/r-c-sky-diving-474/7319562-r-c-skydiver-rally-2008-a.html)

GaryV 04-01-2008 09:54 PM

R/C Skydiver Rally 2008

Hi Everyone,

I checked out the AMA Events Calendar to see if the date for the 2008 R/C Skydive rally had been posted, and here it is.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/...wc09132008.htm

RC Skydiver Meet
IN
9/13/08-9/14/08 - Muncie, IN (C) RC Sky Diver Meet. Site: AMA. Gary Bussell CD, PH:765-288-3541. Sponsor: HENRY COUNTY WRIGHT FLYERS

Better start saving now for gas.

GaryV

JuanF 04-02-2008 12:45 AM

RE: R/C Skydiver Rally 2008

Gary,
Thanks for the information. I have already started saving my nickels, pennies and dimes. One way or the other I will be there in September. I had a great time there last year.
Juan

goldenknight1 04-04-2008 01:37 PM

Gary:

thanks for info looking forward to seeing everyone again. if you have some good pictures of your jumper send them to me so that I can put them in my web page archives .

Bob
fair winds and blue skies:):)[8D]

FlyBy8 04-22-2008 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: JuanF

Gary,
Thanks for the information. I have already started saving my nickels, pennies and dimes. One way or the other I will be there in September. I had a great time there last year.
Juan

Hey Juan,

I plan on being there again. If you need a lift up, just just me know and I will be glad to strap Little Juan in and head for the blue sky.
Do you think Little Juan can beat last years endurance record?

Paul

JuanF 04-23-2008 08:53 AM

Paul,
Thanks for the offer, it is accepted most gratefully. I don't think I want to repeat last years "long drop". As a matter of fact I think I will leave that jumper at home. He also went AWOL when I dropped him at the Las Vegas RC Skydiving Rally in April of 2003. See you at Muncie.
Juan

goldenknight1 04-23-2008 05:21 PM

JUANf :

you had better save a lot of nickels and dimes and quarter because We might see $ 5.00 dollars a gallon by then . And you know my van only gets 7 miles to the gallon ha ha

Bob
fair winds and blue skies

RLR 04-24-2008 02:47 PM

Hi
It looks as if SA is not the only country with everything going up. When RC Skydiving gets big in SA we will invite all.
Have a great rally.

Riaan

lundy 04-24-2008 03:24 PM

Over here in EU we have $ 8.00 dollars a gallon at this moment ,starting your motor and hear the coins rinkeling :D
Its cheaper to fly than to drive , Theo and I want to go to the German skydiving rally 28.Aug / 1 Sept in Berlin ,
cost for fuel, Lommel Berlin <>880 mil = $ 400 only for the fuel [&o]

Lommel <> Muncie by air 14000 mil = $ 600 pro pers , so Muncie hier we come again !:)

Hope to see you all again this year in Muncie !
,Jules

FlyBy8 06-22-2008 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: goldenknight1

JUANf :

you had better save a lot of nickels and dimes and quarter because We might see $ 5.00 dollars a gallon by then . And you know my van only gets 7 miles to the gallon ha ha

Bob

Hey Bob, your prediction may be right by the time the rally gets here. I just paid $4.69 for diesel.[>:]

twin3d 07-10-2008 02:40 PM

Hello everyone,
Is everybody ready for the Rally? It has been really quite on here, everybody needs to get pumped up. Fannin and I have been working on jumpers and trying to get some practice in before the event. Look out we come to win..... :D Reiner has been jumping as well. Hope everybody that was there last year comes this year.

See ya soon

Mike See :D

goldenknight1 07-10-2008 03:30 PM

twin3d hey this is bob in st louis, do you have any good pictures of your jumpers in action. If so send the to me so I canput them in my web page for the rest of the guys to see.

Bob
SEE YUO IN MUNCIE[8D]:)

twin3d 07-10-2008 03:36 PM

No real good picture as of yet, if the weather holds out this weekend we'll see if we can't get a few good pictures.

Send me your email address and I'll look through what I have.

[email protected]

Mike

R/C Skydiver 07-10-2008 08:02 PM

It has been quiet on here-what's happening! Made three "Mike" jumps this week and two last week to try to get them trimmed just right. My 30x60" flag drop has worked everytime. Hope it does it at Muncie.
I will be getting there on Fri afternoon staying at Lee's inn and leaving Mon am. if Delta comes thru on time that is!
I know of a few guys coming but lets start a list and see how many plan on making it. The more the merrier.
start the list-

Jim Boone

twin3d 07-10-2008 08:05 PM

Hi Jim,
Good to hear from you, glad to hear things are going well. I know Paul Fannin, Paul Reiner and I are coming. I think Jules is coming back over as well. See you in Muncie

Mike See

GaryV 07-11-2008 10:18 PM

Hi Everyone,

64 days and counting, looking forward to the good times, friends and fellowship, Oh, and the Rally!!!
See yaw in Muncie.

Wes and I will be there.

We plan to stay it the Lee's Inn also, that is if I get our room booked.

GaryV

FlyBy8 07-13-2008 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It worked !! :D. I'm still grinning.

Started the build in April and finished in July.

I will be there. Plan on camping at the AMA camp grounds.

Paul Fannin

JuanF 07-17-2008 08:37 PM

Jules,
I saw the pictures you sent to Bob. The ones of the midair collision and the jump circle that was used in the Rally in Germany. You should post those pictures on the forum. See you at Muncie.
Juan

lundy 07-18-2008 01:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Juanf ,

The flying conditions in Heringen Germany where "SH*¨%.?WOEPS"
Rain and a lot of wind 25 miles ,some pilots added 1lbs of lead to ther jumpers to penetrade de wind .
My jumper hd a gross weight 4 lbs .

Ok here they are , in fact there where two mid air collisions !

1é /Alfred Rachner colliding wiht unknown jumper
2é / Alfred Rachner colliding with Theo Veasen
3é / the new jumping circle , the system used in the USA was the base of the new target ,
everybody was sick of the endless discussions where there jumper had hit the target .
This way you make the spot to watch and pinpoint where the first contact with the target toke place very clear .

Marion and I will arrive in Muncie Thursday 9/11 have reservations at Holiday Inn Express.

Seeya all in Muncie .

Jules Malfliet

JuanF 07-18-2008 07:45 PM

Jules,
Great pictures, thanks for posting them. I take it that you measure from the jumpers first point of contact in the target area and not where he end up?
Juan

twin3d 07-18-2008 09:51 PM

Cool pictures Jules.. hopefully we will have good weather for our event when you show up. Paul Fannin and I have been working hard on our jumpers trying to get them work good for the event.

lundy 07-19-2008 05:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)

The measuring is from the point of first contact not where the jumper ends up.

They go for every centimeter ( 0.39370 inches ) , if you know that the difference of 1é and 2é place sometimes after 5 rounds is not more than 20 or 30 cm than you know
the competition is hard .[:@]:):)

Jules

GaryV 07-19-2008 11:19 AM

Hi Jules,

Pack up one of those and bring it with you, HA,HA.

Does the target in the pic use any electronic measuring or does it rely on spotters to record the point of impact?

Time is ticking, looking forward to it.

Gary

goldenknight1 07-19-2008 11:43 AM

Jules: What is the circle made of and what is the metric size of circle, and are the lines painted on also.

Bob[8D][8D];)

R/C Skydiver 07-19-2008 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally found a large flag!!!:D TWO?:eek:

Jim

lundy 07-19-2008 03:28 PM

There is no electronic measuring on the target's carpet on a normal contests , however on the annual German Championship this year in Berlin ,
they have a electronic disk thats counting the first 50 centimeters of the target .

The target is made of a sort of carped used in awnings of caravans and camper's on campsite's .
Size of the target is 10 meter side to side , the lines are printed on and everything is waterproof .

Gary as far I know this is the one and only :) :) its a test example .I like it !

What time is concerning I am beginning to get a bit nerves, Muncie is coming closer and closer again .

Say whats the fuel price at this moment over there , its going like a jo jo , in Belgium we pay 8.50$ a Gallon [&:]

See ya all in Muncie !

Jules

GaryV 07-19-2008 04:58 PM

Jules,

I filled up the other day for $3.88 gal. It has been around $3.85-$4.00 gal. gasoline, and around $4.65 gal. diesel.
Don't know what you guy's are nervous about, how many contest have you and Theo won this year, HA,HA.

See you guy's later.

In Baltimore MD now, heading for Camden Yard to see the Orioles play.

GaryV

lundy 07-20-2008 02:07 AM

To be honest not one ! Theo ended 2é in Heringen I was 8é that where the best results sofar this year [:'(]:):):)
I think I keep the best for last LOL :D

jules

goldenknight1 07-21-2008 08:41 AM

JULES :
YOU HAD BETTER WATCH OUT JUAN SAYS HE IS GOING TO TRY AND BEAT YOU THIS YEAR , DO NOT WORRY I WILL WATCH WHERE HE LANDS WE HAVE TO WATCH THOSE GUYS FROM THE WEST COST HA HA . SEE AT YOU MUNCIE

BOB [8D]:D

lundy 07-21-2008 09:05 AM

Juan almost beat me last year !

The pressure is building up ! [sm=49_49.gif] :):D

FlyBy8 08-06-2008 10:27 PM

Hey Jules:

Seems like there was alot of talk last year about dropping pants....

But not so much this year...

Are ya a little week in the knees overseas? :D:):):)

lundy 08-07-2008 05:07 AM

Hi Paul ,

Maybe you Americans are a little Angry to Belgians , about the But story ! [sm=72_72.gif] ( I have nothing to do with that !)[sm=71_71.gif]

So I play it smart this year , I keep a low profile ! :)

I watch the progress you guys are making , and my conclusion is, its not gone be easy this year ! HI HI HI !!!!:D

You can not win them all.:)

( Luck is with the fools , so maybe I have a chance any way ) [sm=drowning.gif]

38 days and counting

,Jules

FlyBy8 08-07-2008 06:13 AM

Now Jules,

"Americans are a little Angry to Belgians", never.... We love good compition.

I was just looking for a source of additional inspriation... But if you don't want to play along, I understand;)

As for progress, I am hitting the runway now. But will 38 days be enough time for me to find the circle????[sm=47_47.gif]

Paul

lundy 08-07-2008 08:11 AM

Paul ,

This is just a cover up operation of you ! You are going for the Target !!! :D (I have some inside information !):D

Yesterday I made the last test flights with my flag diver, for the Muncie Rally , tuning everything to the limits ! UHUCHMMM !! :)
Discovered some problems with the switch of my Diver , better here than in Muncie !

Hope nobody is reading this , I am preparing for the big blast in Muncie ! [sm=wink_smile.gif] so keep this still !

, jules :)

goldenknight1 08-07-2008 09:22 AM

Jules :
We are looking forward to all of you fellow divers from Europe , Jaun and I have been practicing with a twenty foot circle and we believe we will give you a run for the trophys this year . I have met and help some jumpers in my area and it may be possible that we shall have two more coming with us. I think your flag jumper is great and will get it up on web today so that people see how you guys go slow so you can hit the target ha ha just joking will see you in muncie:D:D:D

Bob[8D]

goldenknight1 08-07-2008 09:49 AM

Jules Your picture is up on web page . Last page / 6 photos these are the pictures that we can see what we have to do to be competieble with you jumpers in in europe , das picture ist shurn.

Bob:D

lundy 08-08-2008 11:00 AM

Hi Bob ,

Hope you and your friends make it to the Rally in Muncie , The more people the greater the fun .
Last year Juan was burning my tail !
I think there gone be more of you Guys try hard this year !

AHAAY !! The pressure is building up !

Thanks for the welcome Bob !

, jules

ps, the photo is looking great on your website Bob .

GaryV 08-09-2008 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guy's,

Here are a few pics of my newest drop plane. It is a Great Planes Giant Stik ARF.
I have a Evolution 35cc for power and using a Futaba 9C radio and 9ch PCM receiver.
I had planned on using a 10C on 2.4 Ghz but the flaps would not work right using a Y harness on channel 6, however the ailerons worked ok with the Y.
I didn't try the 14ch rec because of a warning in the manual that it would not support certain manufactures digital servos.

Anyway the count down to Muncie continues.......

GaryV

twin3d 08-09-2008 07:37 AM

That looks great Gary, how does it fly? The Stik is one of my favorite airplanes their just an all around good plane.

Mike S.

GaryV 08-09-2008 08:15 PM

Hi Mike,

It flies great what little I have flown it. With one skydiver on board you can't tell its on there, I think it would do fine with two, but I don't know if I will try it.
I built it just for a Sunday flier and to drop a skydiver without having to haul around another plane.

Are you coming to Muncie as competition or drop pilot.

Hope the family is well, see you at Muncie.

Gary

twin3d 08-09-2008 08:52 PM

I plan on flying for Reiner for sure, I would like to compete it all depends on how windy it is. I have the chute flying good on calm or up to about 5mph winds. Anything over that and it just drifts away.

We are really looking forward to coming, we have been waiting and planning since last year. I think Paul Fannin, Paul Reiner and I are going to try and have a skydiver event at our field next year before Muncie; so we can have more than just one event to goto. We all need to get together more than just once a year.

Mike