RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   R/C Sky Diving (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/r-c-sky-diving-474/)
-   -   Muncie IN Rally (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/r-c-sky-diving-474/9901782-muncie-rally.html)

GaryV 07-31-2010 05:44 PM

Muncie IN Rally

Who is planning on going to the Muncie Skydiver Rally in September.

9/18/2010 - 9/19/2010 Muncie, IN (C) RC Skydiver Meet. Site: Iac Site 5. Gary Bussell CD PH: 765-288-3541 Sponsor: HENRY COUNTY WRIGHT FLYERS

I heard several at the CORKS event say they wouldn't make to Muncie.

I think this will be the 10th.yr. for this event, I know one year it was held at a different location.

So far I have not missed one, but if there in not going to be a decent turn out it's not worth the 8 hour drive for me to go.

GaryV

R/C Skydiver 07-31-2010 07:05 PM

RE: Muncie IN Rally

Gary,

I won't be able to make it this year but hope they have a good one.

Jim

goldenknight1 08-01-2010 12:22 PM

Gary

Juan and I will be coming to Muncie

Bob

twin3d 08-06-2010 04:10 PM

Unless something unforeseen happens Paul Fannin and I are planning on participating.

JuanF 08-06-2010 07:07 PM

Gary,
As Bob said above he and I will be there. At least at Muncie they have an Orange or Red circle. Although the Red and White circle at the Ohio Rally was an improvement. LOL
Juan

goldenknight1 08-15-2010 12:31 PM

twin3c are you and paul going to try and jump your new chutes at muncei???? are have you already got them set up for rally

FlyBy8 08-15-2010 02:52 PM

Hey Bob,

Yeah, I plan on having them ready to go for Muncie. I just got my engine going again this weekend. Took it out and got three test flights without jumpers. Still need to tweek the carb a little more to get it back to where it was before.

I haven't jumped mine yet, but will next time out to the field.

We are trying to get Mike Messer (my spotter/helper at the CORKS Rally) and Dave Ziems (new CORKS member jumping this year) to come out for the Muncie event.

Paul

JuanF 08-17-2010 06:53 PM

Paul,
Bring them all with you. The more the merrier. See you at Muncie.
Juan

twin3d 09-14-2010 02:31 PM

Everyone ready for this weekend?

JuanF 09-14-2010 08:02 PM

Hey Mike,
Bob and I will be there on Friday. Could you please make sure that Paul F. has my plane fueled and ready to take litte juan up for some drops. LOL See you there.
Juan

goldenknight1 09-14-2010 08:03 PM

you betcha goin to getter done bob and jaun are loading now will be in some time thursday

twin3d 09-14-2010 08:12 PM

Ah, bring a plane and your flying glasses, Paul and I plan on participating this year and kicking your butts.... :D

goldenknight1 09-14-2010 08:41 PM

twind3d AAAAAAAAAAAAAaa can I bring my pants down award for the butt kickin part

twin3d 09-15-2010 07:07 AM

No you earned that one you keep it. Besides, we are not too worried about your jumper, yours always heads for the trees...:D Juan is the one we have to worry about, I think he must have a laser painting the target with an infrared sensor homing in on that laser to get him to the target.... He is just too good not to have some type of electronic help..:D

JuanF 09-15-2010 05:26 PM

Mike,
I refuse to believe that that you think I am using some kind of laser sighting system on my jumpers. I just kind of point the jumper in the direction of the circle and hope for the best. I was going to bring my Telemaster but the engine has a bent prop shaft. What is all this talk about kicking our butts this year. I thought that this would be a kinder and gentler rally. Now that you have shown yourself to be the "school yard bully" and have intimidated me I my not be able to put forth my best effort at the rally. Now, Bob is a different matter I heard him mumbling something about kicking some butt back in retaliation.
Yours in Kindness and gentleness,
Juan

twin3d 09-15-2010 08:43 PM

Now Juan, no crying.:( Are you going to take your ball and go home![:o]

Better have Bob bring a plane. Sorry to hear about your having a bent prop shaft.

JuanF 09-16-2010 07:21 PM

Mike,
No tears at all. Now, that is an idea I will take my ball and go home. Guess Bob and I will have to go around with hat in hand and see if someone will take our jumpers up. Bob and I got here his afternoon (Thursday) will be going out to the field tomorrow. See you guys when you get here.
Juan

R/C Skydiver 09-21-2010 06:34 AM

Hey You Guys-somebody give us a report on the Muincie Rally?

Sure did hate to miss it!!!

Jim

GaryV 09-21-2010 08:37 PM

Juan took a picture, I guess he's waiting until he gets home to post it.

FlyBy8 09-21-2010 08:47 PM

Maybe it broke his camera [X(]

JuanF 09-22-2010 05:47 AM

Jim,
I will post some pictures as soon as I download them from my camera.
The results for the the rally: Gary V. took first place and Paul Fannin was second and guy McIntire took third.
Guy also be came the newest member of the "100 Club". I think it was the last jump on Sunday when he got into the 100 point circle.
Juan

R/C Skydiver 09-22-2010 06:52 AM

Congratulations to all you winners! Somebody has got to break Gary's lock on first place. Only kidding, he is hard to beat!

-and congrats to Paul F. for breaking into the winners circle on his first time at really competing in the event instead of being one of the main drop pilots for all of us who was bumming rides-and to Guy for joining the "100" club and winning 3rd place.

Juan, you didn't mention anyone getting the "Special Award" so does that mean you won it????

Anxious to see the pictures!!!

Jim

JuanF 09-24-2010 09:05 PM

Jim,
Both Paul and Guy did a great job of controlling their jumpers.
I am still on the road and should be home by next Tuesday and will post what pictures I took.
No one brought the PDA to make any award. I would probably have been the winner as I had two dirt dives back to back.
At least one of my jumpers didn't drift off a mile or more away.
Juan

dmowery 10-28-2010 12:31 PM

Hey
Does anyone have any photos from Muncie?
Some that couldn't go and ones that went would like tosee a few shots to keep the "wanna jump" feelingfrom getting stale
Awfully quite on this thred for a while
Don

GaryV 10-28-2010 06:01 PM

Hi Don,

Sorry, but I didn't take any pictures at all.

Gary