Notices
Radio Manufacturer Direct Support Direct Reps from the largest radio manufacturers are here to answer your questions.

Airtronics RD6000 72mhz radio

Old 01-31-2015, 04:32 AM
p3ordie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics RD6000 72mhz radio

Hello,
I have a question about my radio. I have not flown in over 20 yes. I would like to get back into it. My first question is my radio, is it possible to get this radio upgraded to today's standards? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Mark
Old 01-31-2015, 08:18 AM
yorkiepap
My Feedback: (18)

Hey p3,
There is nothing wrong with still flying using your 72Mhz radio. I fly both the 72Mhz & 2.4Ghz freqs. on my JR10X's without any issues. Quite a few of our other club members also still use the 72Mhz, although awareness must be your 1st priority as to channels that others are using. Our club has a large pin board that everyone on 72 must use their tag clips to show what freq. they're on. We also use a Hobbico freq. checker to verify channel. Some clubs will dictate 2.4 only...that's their discretion. There are 2.4Ghz modules for your radio(must be ppm) if you choose to change, although I'd suggest some homework to verify which are the most reliable.

Denny
Old 01-31-2015, 09:46 AM
p3ordie

Originally Posted by yorkiepap View Post
Hey p3,
There is nothing wrong with still flying using your 72Mhz radio. I fly both the 72Mhz & 2.4Ghz freqs. on my JR10X's without any issues. Quite a few of our other club members also still use the 72Mhz, although awareness must be your 1st priority as to channels that others are using. Our club has a large pin board that everyone on 72 must use their tag clips to show what freq. they're on. We also use a Hobbico freq. checker to verify channel. Some clubs will dictate 2.4 only...that's their discretion. There are 2.4Ghz modules for your radio(must be ppm) if you choose to change, although I'd suggest some homework to verify which are the most reliable.

Denny
Denny, Thanks, I just didn't want to start flying again with an old radio that is out dated and might cause problems for other flyers!

Thanks,
Mark