Notices
Radio Manufacturer Direct Support Direct Reps from the largest radio manufacturers are here to answer your questions.

Pro line transmitters

Old 10-09-2021, 11:18 AM
Ronnieguy1954

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro line transmitters

Hey every body ! I have a pro line 73 receiver in an old plane . I wNt to get it back in flying mode by using the original receiver and transmitter. Who manufactured pro line? And does any of the modern transmitters work with the pro line 73 receivers? Next question where can you locate a pro line transmitter in operating form?
thank you Ron Mcmasters
Old 10-09-2021, 01:39 PM
init4fun

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

ProLine Electronics

Here ya go.

PS, the standard disclaimer applies; I am not this entity, I've never done business with this entity, this is the first hit that came up on a Google search of the name "ProLine RC"

Good Luck .........
Old 10-09-2021, 01:52 PM
tedsander

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Good luck! As far as I can google, it looks like Proline was pretty much dead by about 1980. It may have lingered as a brand sold by Ace RC a couple of more years. Being so old, you can bet the transmitters and receivers are not at all up to snuff with later narrow band requirements. Your only hope is to find a TX on ebay or other source, but it probably won't be "legal" (or even safe to use), unless the owner did extensive modification to update it to modern day 2.4 - and then your receiver won't work with it. Time to give it up. You might find a collector willing to take it off your hands (likely for $0).
Time to start shopping for a modern system.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:03 AM
rgburrill

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

"OMG, it must be 72MHz and has to be upgraded to 2.4GHz."
And this bullcrap coming from an AMA Leader-Admin, IP Instructor, Contest Director. NO IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE UPGRADED to 2.4GHz. It's possible it has to be upgraded to 72MHz Narrow-band but that's a different story. 72MHz Narrow-band is still legal. Some clubs are trying to say it isn't so they don't have to keep around the frequency flags.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:46 AM
tedsander

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill View Post
"OMG, it must be 72MHz and has to be upgraded to 2.4GHz."
And this bullcrap coming from an AMA Leader-Admin, IP Instructor, Contest Director. NO IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE UPGRADED to 2.4GHz. It's possible it has to be upgraded to 72MHz Narrow-band but that's a different story. 72MHz Narrow-band is still legal. Some clubs are trying to say it isn't so they don't have to keep around the frequency flags.
Kinda harsh response!
I still fly several old 72mhz systems. And have advised others in these forums about what it may take to get theirs back into service. Never said "OMG, it must be 72MHz and has to be upgraded to 2.4GHz.". I did assume that a renovated TX probably has been updated to 2.4. That was a leap.
In this case, the OP apparently only has a receiver and is looking for a TX to run it with.
He'll have to buy the TX ($600, if from the other post). If he finds another much cheaper, he'll probably have to get it narrow banded. That means likely his RX will not work with it, so additional cost there. And as Cal Orr's site notes, there can be other issues - black wire disease, bad pots, etc. All of which would add to the renovation costs.
It can be done, and result in a very usable system. But it will be a labor of love finding the items and the service tech (if he's not into electronics) to get the work done. And all of that will be at a cost and lots of time. So in this case, it seems prudent to give it up, and consider a new system that "just works", so he can get on to flying....