Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

OFNA Buggys

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 04:05 AM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OFNA Buggys

Im looking at some of the OFNA 1/8th buggys at amainhobbies and i see thats theres 5 300 and under my price range. im wondering whys theres so many within that price range and what would be the best of the 5 for a noobie like myself. info like whats the oldest one any close to being retired best part support of them and so on as for myself i 100% wont be racing only looking at rtr buggysfor back yard bashing and dirt roadsdont want to start a war here im sure all the ofna cars and good im just wondering why they have so many when they all seem to be near the same car

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...&filter_cat=48
Old 02-16-2011, 07:13 AM
jmaxey51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFNA Buggys

hyper 7 or Jammin X1 or Picco are the only ones i would look at IMO.... jammin being best, picco second and hyper 7 third .... picco and hyper 7 are close but the picco shocks are alot better, and its a newer buggy.... hyper 7 has been out forever and doesnt have that good of shocks, they break... jammin is great, tough and a great racer also if you ever decided to race it.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:13 PM
echthelion

thanks for the info every little bit helps
Old 02-16-2011, 08:26 PM
bronx boy

i have the picco a bit hard to break in but its fast needs a nice pipe to wake it up look on tower the lx is 250.00 with a 25.00 off coupon and free shipping
Old 02-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Zonk

I'd take a Hyper 7 over a Picco, more metal, stronger parts and better part support. Not heard of anyone breaking their shocks.
Its been around for ages because its good and buggies have not really changed much in the last 10 years.
Just get a failsafe and a decent steering servo.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:57 AM
Dr. Blockhed

I'm also new to hobby and have recently gotten an ultra lx one by ofna. It's not the level of the other ofna buggies, it's the lowest end buggy they make but it's great.I've had it for 2 months and it seems to take a nice beating and i haven't broken much yet. After reading more and more on the forums, Ikinda wish I went w/ the hyper 7 or jammin X1, most people seem to have some really good things to say about them, racing and bashing wise whereas the lx 1 is pretty much a basher.

One thing Idid do, was to swap out the steering servo. The change I saw in control was sick. I don't know if that's the same w/ the buggies you're looking it, but once Iswapped it out, the control Ihad was so much better it was ridiculous.

Hope some of this rambling helps!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:01 AM
Coopz

Just remember Ofna don't make anything. I'd get a Hyper 7 out of all those buggies, its made by Hobao and they are a excellent buggy company. The LX's are just antique HongNors.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:49 PM
nitrofreek77

I am in the same boat, I want a jammin x1x, but the radio is not a 2.4ghz. The hyper 7 tq black is. Any suggestions, I dont wanna buy a additional radio at this time.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Coopz

2.4ghz radios can be bought for less than $40, that should not be a issue in a buggy. The X1x will be a bit quicker on the turns and more nimble than the Hyper 7 but not as strong.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:28 AM
mikel05
My Feedback: (1)

you cant go wrong with the lx one ,ive had mine for years, i just put the dynamite 21 pull start engine in it and now it really screams, these buggies are almost indistructable, and parts are cheap and available everywhere, if your just gonna bash like i do, for the money their a great buy,mines came with the force 26 engine , i cant evan tell you how many gallons of fuel i put through it ,but beleive me its many, i never changed my shocks you just rebuild them once in a while and thats simple and cheap to do , yeh the other more expensive ones mite be better in some areas but for bashing you wont be disapointed, ive been using the same cheap radio that it came with for 6 years and never had a problem, the lx one IS my old reliable... just my 2 cents
Old 03-03-2011, 06:22 AM
echthelion

sounds like there all good just what ever i like the most