Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Losi 8ight conversion

Old 09-26-2011, 04:16 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi 8ight conversion

I am buying my first 1/8 scale this weekend, and was just wondering what to look for and what I should know about it. It is a Losi 8ight that has been converted to electric. It is running a 2000kv Xerun motor, everything included except batteries and charger, and I trust the guy I am getting it from
Old 09-26-2011, 06:03 PM
pigpen1
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Losi 8ight conversion

don't you mean you can't tune that's why guys go electric they can't tune.
I can tune just fine
Old 09-27-2011, 05:16 AM
FahrtAutoRC

If you are referring to my sig then I am not talking about nitro/electric, I am talking about setups, dialing it in for racing. people always have something to say about Traxxas having horrible handling, yet mine keeps up with anything in its class on the track.

I do not understand where you are coming from with this anyway, all I am asking for is advice and info on this buggy. I could honestly care less about why you think people switch to electric. Id prefer it anyways, year-round racing (indoors/out), equal or better power, less BS and more cutting faster times. Its all personal preference.

ORIGINAL: pigpen1

don't you mean you can't tune that's why guys go electric they can't tune.
I can tune just fine
Old 09-27-2011, 10:55 AM
K_B

ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

If you are referring to my sig then I am not talking about nitro/electric, I am talking about setups, dialing it in for racing. people always have something to say about Traxxas having horrible handling, yet mine keeps up with anything in its class on the track.

I do not understand where you are coming from with this anyway, all I am asking for is advice and info on this buggy. I could honestly care less about why you think people switch to electric. Id prefer it anyways, year-round racing (indoors/out), equal or better power, less BS and more cutting faster times. Its all personal preference.
Welcome to RCUnivervse! Land of the oddballs and useless posts

I've never run an electric 8ight, but I start with a setup off Losi's website for my old nitro 8ight.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...807#prodSetups
Old 09-27-2011, 02:14 PM
rccheech

I'm with KB on this one, it's a great starting point, you can tweak it to your driving style from there.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:45 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Thanks guys Ill look into that!