Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

HPI Nitro Trophy 3.5 question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:45 PM
cykotik1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Nitro Trophy 3.5 question.

I picked up a Nitro Trophy 3.5 recently. I plan on using it for general bashing and the occasional race. My lhs doesn't know much about it yet as it is so new here in the states. I am wondering what parts from their current lineup will work with it.Also if anyone has a body besides HPI for it.I am thinking about picking up a body for a D8S and seeing if it will work with it. Any and all help will be appreciated.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:37 PM
TimC63

Default RE: HPI Nitro Trophy 3.5 question.

cykotik1,

In case you haven't found the answer to your question yet, the Nitro Trophy 3.5 is essentially a re-release of the Hot Bodies Lightning buggy.  You ask about parts availability.  While the parts interchange with the Lightnings, the supply of Lightning parts is dwindling.  The good news for you as well as Lightning owners is that since the Trophy is a current production vehicle, HPI will supply parts for it!  It may take some time for shops to stock the parts but they will be available.

As indicated in the truggy post - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11011577/tm.htm the current production Hot Bodies D8 differential parts interchange with the old HB Lightning and new HPI Trophy series, as they were carryover parts from the Lightning.  Revisions have taken place in regard to materials, case fasteners, and lightened parts in the Hara Edition D8 but the "fit" is the same. 

The Lightnings were very capable vehicles, I hope you are enjoying your Trophy!

God Bless,
TC
Old 04-13-2012, 04:30 PM
chillan757

Default RE: HPI Nitro Trophy 3.5 question.

I also just got a HPI trophy 3.5 and I love it so far except for my servo issue. but Tim thanks a lot for that info! that's going to be useful later on.