Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

low battery signs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 10:09 PM
harryattli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low battery signs?

I got a Redcat Backdraft 3.5 Buggy about 2 weeks ago it has gone through a gallon of fuel, all of a sudden now when I turn the buggy to the right all communication between the transmitter and the reveiver stops and the buggy's tires jam to one side. Is this is sign of low batteries? and also what are some signs of low battery, i know the transmitter has got lights but what about the batteries in the buggy? any help will be great!
Thanks in advance!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:02 AM
nitroexpress

Default RE: low battery signs?

ORIGINAL: harryattli

I got a Redcat Backdraft 3.5 Buggy about 2 weeks ago it has gone through a gallon of fuel, all of a sudden now when I turn the buggy to the right all communication between the transmitter and the reveiver stops and the buggy's tires jam to one side. Is this is sign of low batteries? and also what are some signs of low battery, i know the transmitter has got lights but what about the batteries in the buggy? any help will be great!
Thanks in advance!
What kind of batteries are you running in the vehicle.How long where you running before the trouble started?
Old 04-07-2012, 10:21 AM
harryattli

The Batteries i am using are energizer, and i have used the buggy for 2 weeks and it has gone through a gallon of fuel, and i ran it for about 10 mins before the trouble started
Old 04-07-2012, 11:44 AM
nitroexpress

The Batteries i am using are energizer, and i have used the buggy for 2 weeks and it has gone through a gallon of fuel, and i ran it for about 10 mins before the trouble started
Most RTR's come with a battery setup for penlight batterys. Penlight AA batterys do not last very long and are expensive in the long run. Find a rechargeable nimh battery for replacement. The size will depend on your battery compartment.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:23 PM
schuttman

Location: m\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'boro, TN
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes Yes Yes.... get rid of the AA batts, get a good rechargeable, I recharge my nimh batts about every three runs, this way I know
i have the juce for the servos, they also carry more voltage than the AA's
ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

Most RTR's come with a battery setup for penlight batterys. Penlight AA batterys do not last very long and are expensive in the long run. Find a rechargeable nimh battery for replacement. The size will depend on your battery compartment.