Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Steering is Poping! Please Help!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Steering is Poping! Please Help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 04:59 PM
gigadiablo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering is Poping! Please Help!!!!!!

My Trophy Flux Buggy has a steering problem. It will not turn all the way because it has something wrong with the steering mechanism is messed up. it pops into the full length of steering if you pull it and i have spent about 6 months trying to find out but i cant. please help!
Old 06-10-2015, 06:28 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A picture or video would be INCREDIBLY helpful to try to diagnose your problem.

A quick scan of the instructions shows that the steering on this car is not much different to any other car out there. I can barely decipher your problem, either you have a stuck steering, or you have a servo problem. A stuck steering can be fixed by dis-assembling the steering mechanism and making sure everything is clean and re-assembled properly with proper torque upon re-assembly. Also making sure any worn parts are replaced. A bad servo can be as easy as replacing the servo or opening it up and checking the gears and electric components. Gears are easy to change, electric components not so much.

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/instructions/107016

Rafael
Old 06-10-2015, 06:03 PM
gigadiablo

I have disassembled and reassembled it about 3-4 times and have not found anything wrong with the whole front of the buggy and have found nothing and it can not be the servo because when i take the servo arm off it turns fine. i have brought it in 5 times and the say they "fixed it"! I think i found the problem. It is either the gearbox or a different piece. Here is a photo link https://www.google.com/search?q=hpi+...KYu9yQT-uIOABg and it is also scraping againstthe holder of the drive shaft

Last edited by gigadiablo; 06-10-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:40 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude, you are not making any sense at all. You say that you have a steering problem but now you are pointing at the gearbox? I know what the steering assembly looks like, I can use Google too. When I asked for a picture or video, I meant a picture or video OF YOUR PROBLEM.

So you say that you have taken it somewhere 5 times and all 5 you have received it back after they say the problem was fixed? I may see a pattern developing.

And you have taken the servo arm off, and you say that it turns free. What turns free? The servo? or the steering linkage? Are you moving the servo by hand? or are you moving it using the radio control?

I'm really trying to help, but you are not providing any usable information.

Rafael
Old 06-11-2015, 11:51 AM
gigadiablo

im sorry, im not good at describing things. I might be able to get a video or photo. i only have a gopro and it takes a bit to charge and thanks for helping though, i will describe better. So, when i turn, the steering holder adapter scrapes against the front wheel axle shaft and, the steering holder adapter gets caught on the front differential gearbox. thats what causes it not to turn all the way. If i forcefully pull/push the steering holder adapter (SHA) it will pop to its full steering position. I have worn it down so it is not as bad. but it still pops. I dont know what else to do and what pattern do you see developing? (btw i move the servo by radio) p.s how do you use the wheel angle adjuster?

Last edited by gigadiablo; 06-11-2015 at 01:00 PM. Reason: mistakes