Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Unknown front bumper fitted to old mugen

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Unknown front bumper fitted to old mugen

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 03:32 AM
colosus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unknown front bumper fitted to old mugen

Hi guys

Yet another question... for a different model..

I have a work in progress Mugen Super Sport restoration and came across an Italian Forum showing some nice photos...
He had fitted a large front bumper making it look extra special, i tried to contact him but email is dead... hence i need to ask all you guys here

Here is the link to forum
http://www.modellismo.net/forum/auto...a-mugen-2.html

What i would like to do is try to track down this very same front bumper....if someone knows what buggy/truggy the bumper came from please drop a message.
i will leave some photos... please check them out and see what you think..
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mugen 6.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	2123753   Click image for larger version

Name:	mugen 7.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	2123754   Click image for larger version

Name:	mugen 5.5.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	2123755  
Old 10-05-2015, 05:55 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

My guess...it's a homemade guard/bumper. The side view of the thing looks to be a bit too thin for a "bumper", and the only thing attaching to the hole, in the center of it, would be the body? That's just my opinion and imperfections I see in the pictures though.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:18 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Maybe give T-Bone Racing a shout out for help with a possible bumper that would fit the Mugen if you can't track down a stock bumper or one like in your first post. I know they (TBR) used to make "blanks" with holes you had to drill yourself. Just a thought.

Good luck.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:02 AM
colosus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys
I have the stop bumper.... but for some reason i really like this one the guy from Italy had put on it..
I found that Thunder Tiger had something similar but still is not close...
The whole was for a body... for sure.. and i seem to remember seeing this bumper somewhere... i thought MCD or FG but there 1/5 scale
and i cant find this bumper on any model through google... but thats cos i don't know the name of model it comes from i guess.

If its home made... it must be something strong and flexible...
Thanks for T Bone Racing link... but still nothing there like this... i just think the stock is too small.. and i like how this mod looks
or i might fit this Mugen out with an Axial Exo Terra cage & body... not sure yet... this Buggy still looks good even with a new type bodyshell...