Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser wheels keep getting loose

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser wheels keep getting loose

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 02:56 PM
computerguy85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser wheels keep getting loose

My Mad Force Kruiser wheels keep getting loose during runs. Does anyone know what I can do to stop this from happening?
Old 02-11-2016, 03:41 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

computerguy85 well you can use a drop of blue lock tight after wheels are on so they will not back off
also you can purchase nylon lock nuts with that thread size so it they will not backoff when running , or you can use 2 nuts on one wheel if you have enough thread length on the axles hope this helps you out
Old 02-11-2016, 03:46 PM
computerguy85

Originally Posted by mugeyman
computerguy85 well you can use a drop of blue lock tight after wheels are on so they will not back off
also you can purchase nylon lock nuts with that thread size so it they will not backoff when running , or you can use 2 nuts on one wheel if you have enough thread length on the axles hope this helps you out
Ok, thanks! Do you think I have an issue with my truck or is this a common problem?
Old 02-12-2016, 03:21 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Using nuts that are serrated is a good choice. Wheel nuts coming off, at the worst possible moment, is a common gripe.

I found out the hard way that using too much thread locking liquid on my truggy's nuts lead to failure of the wheels (thread lock adhesive attacks plastic). Just make sure not to get any adhesive on the wheels. Some manufacturer's plastics are more susceptible to melting, or becoming brittle, than others.

If you don't have serrated wheel nuts, and you have a Dremel tool with cut-off disc...you're half way there.
Attached Images  

Last edited by RustyUs; 02-12-2016 at 03:43 PM. Reason: added info
Old 02-12-2016, 08:05 PM
computerguy85

The Mad Force Kruiser comes with serrated wheel nuts, but they are still getting loose during runs. Should I apply blue loctite????
Old 02-14-2016, 05:11 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

buy some of those fasteners with the rubber ring inside to help them stay.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:31 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

There is also wheel nuts with nylon ring inserts in them. The one problem with them though...the nylon doesn't last the longest.

Next up: Blue "chap stick" Loctite?

I dislike the thought of using any type of thread locking on wheel hexes 'cause of my ruining a couple sets of wheels using that blue stuff. After my mishaps I chose to use serrated nuts and CA glue with great success. Soon, after that issue was resolved on my truggy, came the real money pit for me...front universal shafts exploding every other run!

Anyway, get out there and throw some dirt!