Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Ofna Pro/Ultra LX1 Parts Source besides E-bay

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Ofna Pro/Ultra LX1 Parts Source besides E-bay

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 02:22 PM
guitardude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna Pro/Ultra LX1 Parts Source besides E-bay

I just picked up a pretty good Ofna Nitro Buggy, from what I've researched I believe its an Ofna Ultra LX1 pro. I've been on E-bay and picked up a couple of parts for it, but I was wondering if there's another good source for parts for this car? The engine bearings were horrible, no surprise there, so I ordered a new set from Boca Bearings. Besides being dirty and grimy the engine and entire buggy seem to be in pretty good shape. Also, I'm pretty much an RC Aircraft guy, but I do have an HPI Savage so I'm used to and enjoy, tinkering and repairing stuff.

Oh, and "Yes!", I've downloaded the manual for the buggy.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
David
Old 07-30-2016, 10:03 PM
Mechanicaloverlord

The easiest thing to do since you have the manual is to just google part numbers. Any web sites/stores that have those parts will come up. You can then search those sites for other parts. There's so many variations on the LX platform that it really depends on the exact model you have and that determines what kind of sites have any parts. For the older models eBay is basically the only choice. I had an older LX that needed a few parts and buying a roller off eBay was my only real option to get the parts I needed.

Btw diffs and shocks are interchangable across all LX models. Center shafts are as well but not all cvd's and axles are. Pay close attention to the knuckles, easy to get those wrong if you don't have part numbers from a manual.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:20 AM
cbaker65

Originally Posted by guitardude
I just picked up a pretty good Ofna Nitro Buggy, from what I've researched I believe its an Ofna Ultra LX1 pro. I've been on E-bay and picked up a couple of parts for it, but I was wondering if there's another good source for parts for this car? The engine bearings were horrible, no surprise there, so I ordered a new set from Boca Bearings. Besides being dirty and grimy the engine and entire buggy seem to be in pretty good shape. Also, I'm pretty much an RC Aircraft guy, but I do have an HPI Savage so I'm used to and enjoy, tinkering and repairing stuff.

Oh, and "Yes!", I've downloaded the manual for the buggy.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
David
+1 what MOL said!

The knuckles vary depending on what version that is!
I have a-arms for one of the versions ,but not sure which one.
Ive been trying to give them away to anyone that needs them for the past 7 years.

You are more than welcome to have them if they fit your buggy if you want them!
I can show pics of them!...
Old 12-24-2016, 12:38 AM
rchabits

I have many parts what u need