Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Tekno RC EB48 2.0

Old 02-10-2020, 08:41 AM
RustyUs

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tekno RC EB48 2.0

New EB48 2.0 1/8th Competition Electric Buggy Kit From Tekno RC!

EB48 2.0 Features:

• 4mm CNC 7075 Aluminum Hard Anodized Lightened Chassis
  • Independent Servo/ESC Mount w/ Decoupled Radio Box/Battery Mounts
  • CNC 7075 Shock Towers, Pivot Blocks, Motor Mount, and Caster Blocks
  • 16mm Bore Fluid Filled Shocks with CNC Delrin Pistons and Guides
  • Rear Hub and Arm Insert System w/ Adjustable Roll Center and Toe
  • 3 Fluid Filled Easy Access Differentials
  • Long Arm, Narrow Pivot Suspension Geometry
  • 1-Piece Wing Mount and Ultra-Lightweight Wing
  • Proven Tekno RC Durability
  • All Metric Hardware
​​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
bill_delong (02-10-2020)
Old 02-10-2020, 09:17 AM
RustyUs

Deep down, I'm a lover of building a kit to do with whatever I please. I've held off the many thoughts of getting something in the RTR world to hold me over until this buggy finally became available. The 1/8 scale RTR buggies that I looked at had either mediocre components, or issues while running in dusty environments. This meant I would have to put more money into those RTRs to bring them up to a durability/performance level that I could deal with. I caught myself, many of nights, about to push that "Complete Order" button on platforms that I knew would cost me more money down the road, or the RC didn't have features that I wanted the most. I ultimately waited it out. Hopefully the EB48 2.0 won't be a let down.

Tekno shipped the buggy out on Thursday, and USPS said package would be arriving Monday. Got up early to track the package... package was said to be late, and I would not be seeing it until tomorrow (Tuesday). World's greatest USPS rural carrier shows up at front door about an hour ago, and wanting a signature!

Last edited by RustyUs; 02-10-2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:54 PM
RustyUs

All I can say is...WHOA! The key parts were "beefier" than I expected. When I opened the bag containing the 2.0's arms, I was like, "Hell yeah!". They are considerably larger than my last buggy's arms. From a bashers standpoint, I'm so glad Tekno went with a 4mm chassis on the EB rather than the 3mm one on the NB. The EB48 2.0 will surely shine while taking on Mother Earth.

I don't know what the EB48.4 platforms were like, but this new Tekno RC buggy seems well thought out, and refined. What kept me from possibly settling on an EB48.4 was the fact of simplicity that the EB48 2.0 brought with it. Mainly the easy access diffs were what I sought-after.

The build was great. I still got to finish up some small things like the wiring, and paint the body. I'm in no hurry, as the weather is not promising at the moment, or for the next week.

This buggy will be for bashing/track bashing purposes only. So please don't hate me for putting less than stellar gear in the buggy .
Old 02-16-2020, 09:38 PM
RustyUs

I won't go into detail of every step as there are many EB48 2.0 build vids out there that explain things so well.

The only beef with the manual was found in a couple of steps.
  • First one was in Step D-3, where manual does not show the rear body mount stradling the rear shock tower. Found out later in step K-5 when trying to line up screws for rear chassis brace.
  • The other place that I had to study the pictures closely was in Step F-2. The manual does not mention the rear arm inserts are keyed differently depending on whether they go in front, or rear of the arm.

Each of the shock adjustment collars gave me a heart stopping moment while attempting to thread them onto the shock bodies. Getting the threads to line up correctly was the worst part of the build for me, The o-rings inside the collars made it tough to feel the thread engagement. I backed off many times; fearing cross threading, but eventually (somehow) got those first few threads to grab hold of one another .

Last edited by RustyUs; 02-16-2020 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:10 PM
RustyUs

I'll give Tekno RC props for allowing me to escape into my happy place for a few evenings with a very joyful EB48 2.0 build.

Old 02-16-2020, 10:40 PM
RustyUs

Badlands glued up to some RD Logics wheels. Not sure about the wheels, but had to give them a try. I'm a sucker for spoked wheels. Still waiting for radio & receiver to arrive. I wasn't planning on getting new radio, but my inventory reduction sale, of hoarded parts supply no longer needed, is going better than expected. I may have to go with original plan for a bit.