Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

1/8 nitro drag buggy

Old 03-01-2020, 08:27 PM
Chip19806

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 nitro drag buggy

Every one I talked to told me a nitro buggy could not be fast enough to drag race. I wanted to know if itís anything I could do to get fast?

Last edited by Chip19806; 03-01-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2020, 07:59 AM
D3MON

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

they are designed to be quick, and nimble, not so much built for speed, biggest issue is that you would need some sort of 2 speed to extend the gearing, or suffer on the low end because you are gearing it up so high so you dont top out on speed so soon.
a real tuned pipe and 30% fuel would be the way to get more power out of the engine and gearing to get more speed and utilize that extra power. (if you get bigger tires, this is the equivalent of gearing it up, but adds a lot of rotational mass at the same time.)
Old 04-06-2020, 08:34 AM
RcFnatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An easy method is to gear it up. Make sure there is the least amount of friction in your bearings to get the most power to wheels. A good tune on it will definetly make it faster. Since you said drag race I assume you want a good launch. Look into changing your clutch parts for a harder launch and some nice tires.