Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Xray XB8 2020 or TLR 8IGHT-X Elite

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Xray XB8 2020 or TLR 8IGHT-X Elite

Old 03-12-2020, 10:28 AM
pietjvanvuuren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xray XB8 2020 or TLR 8IGHT-X Elite

Hi, I am new to offroad nitro racing and I am looking to move to a new kit from my used MBX7R.

I am looking at the 2020 XB8 and the 8IGHT-X Elite. My local club stocks all TLR parts so it makes the TLR a good option but I do like the build quality of the Xray. As well as their manuals, especially for a first time Pro kit builder.

I would like to get your opinions on these two kits please.

Thank you in advance
Old 04-18-2020, 05:38 AM
mugeyman

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hi pietjvanvuuren the xray stuff is very nice and more expensive for parts these kits are made in europe (slovakia ) and are more precise in manufacturing , it is in the quality of the plastic , aluminum , and hard ware , if you get an xray xb8 just get some extra arms front and rear , the losi eight is very popular and you can get every thing at your local club too and it is a whole lot cheaper also ,i would rebuild and reset up mugen mbx7r and order new replacement parts for mugen mbx7 if needed , most of the racers i know are running tekno nb8 mugen mbx7 and mbx8 kyosho mp9 tki , motors .21 novarossi , werks , reds ,alpha , os ok , if your local club does not carry certain manufactures parts order on line the extra parts that you can you can possibly break usually front arms left or right and rear arms too, i have even seen guys carry a spare 21 nitro motor already set up with clutch bell on it and ready to go again yep good luck with your choice ok hope i helped you mugey .