Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
How to keep the body from warping/melting on Nitro Buggy >

How to keep the body from warping/melting on Nitro Buggy

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

How to keep the body from warping/melting on Nitro Buggy

Old 10-31-2020, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to keep the body from warping/melting on Nitro Buggy

Does anyone have proven success with keeping their bodies from being destroyed by the the tuned pipe?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure there is heat tape you can buy and stick to the inside of the body by the pipe. thats where I would start
Old 01-24-2021, 11:44 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi doutrnz well to hold back some of the heat from body you can buy some 2 in aluminum tape with an adhesive back cut and install on the inside of your rc body where the nitro pipe is . the aluminum tape will reflect some of the heat away from the body and not melt the lexan body , also you can put some between the nitro fuel tank and exhaust pipe too , the 2in aluminum tape with adhesive back can be purchased at your local hardware store heating and air condition supplies ok hope i helped mugey
Old 01-28-2021, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is also a heat-reflective tape out there, I think it is called "Reflect-A-GOLD" tape or something.
But this heat-reflective tape will only be effective if it is an air barrier/gap between the heat source and the tape. What I mean is, if you install/glue it on the Lexan body and it touches the exhaust pipe as well, it will not work . . .

I have a burned/deformed part of all my nitro bodies as well, where it touches the exhaust pipe . . .