Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Type/brand bearing with the MP10 Kit

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Type/brand bearing with the MP10 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 05:13 PM
doutrnz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type/brand bearing with the MP10 Kit

I was wondering if the Kyosho Inferno MP10 kit comes with NMB bearings. What kind of bearings do they ship with?
I want to clean them as routine maintenance but I don't want to take the bearing shields off if I don't need to.
Old 11-08-2020, 05:24 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Boca Bearings would be my choice for the best bearings out there.

I don't know what brand of bearings come with the Inferno. I don't know how much cheaper a cheap bearing can be, but some of my low budget motors, and some stock kit bearings don't hold up very well. It all depends on location of bearing and the load it sees.

I'd recommend a person start with Avid for very good bearings costing around a dollar per bearing. What type of shield you prefer, and what type of maintenance you do, will ultimately decide on longevity of bearings. If you are able to remove shields, but choose not to remove them for cleaning, it's a lot harder; takes more cleaning product, takes more time to get bearings running smoothly again. Just chucking a bearing when it feels "crunchy" after a fast cleaning/relube was costing (to me) big $$$ money. I now take the time to do thorough cleaning by removing shields; relube my bearings with grease (even more messier), and my yearly bearing costs has been cut drastically.

I look for ABEC5 rated bearings when possible. I currently have Fushi, Advantage Racing, TRB, and JSB Great Bearings in my arsonal. They all have performed equally as good as all the other "$1" bearings out there. I've tried Fast Eddies...and they are okay, but I'll buy/support my old TRB/Advantage Racing/Avid favorites.

Old 11-14-2020, 11:16 AM
doutrnz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks RustyUs!

That is great information and Bearing Manufacturers for me to research. The reason I asked here was based on an Adam Drake bearing cleaning video I saw. He was cleaning NMB bearings and it sparked my interest what type of bearings I had. At the end of the video, he spun the wheels of his Mugen and the whole drivetrain spun for like 20 seconds, more or less. (But it seemed like an eternity to me!!) My build, which has only 3 runs on it on pavement, spin maybe 4 to 6 seconds. It could be a LARGE number of things why my drivetrain doesn't spin like his, but at least I would be able to eliminate the bearings from the equation.