Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Clutch Recommendations?

Old 11-08-2020, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Recommendations?

I have a Mugen MBX5R buggy with O.S. .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T (P) engine using Mugen Clutch Bell 13T 5x10 C0719. I want to swap out the existing clutch for something better. I mostly do bashing, but I like racing capability. For me it's just a hobby, but I tend to lean towards the upper end for equipment, within reason. The current clutches (I have 2 MBX5R buggies) is the standard Mugen clutch with the exception of changing to aluminum shoes (3 sided) that were replaced a few years ago. I'm fully competent in engine/drivetrain mechanics and can do maintenance & repairs. I built buggies as kits from scratch. I assumed that replacing the whole clutch assembly would make sense since all components would be new and possibly improved, but if different quality shoes or springs are suggested, that's not a problem. Once I get these buggies back up to current standards I am thinking of getting a new Mugen buggy or maybe an on road car. Still undecided. Finally in the past a lot of people have suggested a BuKu Clutch assembly, but hardly anyone sells them now and an email to the company has gone unanswered so any suggestions or recommendations you have are welcome.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:19 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi nioc well you can rebuild your clutch , buy a new one from buku performance , they are nice clutches , or a werks clutch they also make nice werks engines try NITROHOUSE.COM , A MAIN HOBBIES ,COM

your 13 tooth clutch bell is good for short track and bottom end 14 and 15 tooth clutch bells for larger race tracks and top end speed . ok hope i helped mugey