Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

lx or mbx?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 07:59 PM
Element

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lx or mbx?

Hello,Well i Finally gave up on a mt and decided to shoot for a buggy instead.Well the ofna lx pro and mbx are pretty much all i can afford.I want the buggy to be a basher but iw ant to be able to take it to the track and run it (not race just runa round with other people.) I know the mbx is better but what I am wondering is do i need that extra bit from my situation?Thankyou
Old 11-23-2003, 08:26 AM
studysession

Default RE: lx or mbx?

Well if you buy today you can get the Hyper 7 PBS which is an even better buggy for 399

http://www.nitrohouse.com - click on there sale link from main page.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:55 AM
Element

I saw that the other day but i need to buy from towerhobbies becasue the ultimate combo and payment plan.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:38 AM
dagass

Go with the MBX Pro. More bang for the buck and an all around better buggy! Definitely worth the extra money.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:58 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

which is bigger lx or mbx ?are they both 1/8th scale?is the lx pro a good one ?whats the dofference between the pbs violator and lx pro
Old 12-07-2003, 01:55 PM
dagass

Both buggies are the same size. The LX Pro is an Older Ofna design and the technology is kind of dated. The PBS and the Violator both take advantage of "todays" technology. The Violator is a C-hub design with a big block .26 while the PBS has the Pivot Ball suspension with a .21 in it. The PBS is more of a recer while the Violator is a basher.
Old 12-07-2003, 02:06 PM
studysession

The only difference between the Violator and any other 9.5 series is the Violator is wider, bigger fuel tank and not all the 9.5's come with the 26 engine. Mine came with a 25. Everything else is the same as the 9.5 RTR.