Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Xtm X-Terminator

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 02:31 PM
UF DUB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Xtm X-Terminator

no, not at all. the engine is probably the easiest to tune that i have seen. and as long as u dont run it lean or get dirt into it, the motor will last and last. ive heard several guys run them for 8 gallons or more. i have almost two gallons on mine, and i can still pick up the back of my truck by the pullstarter (truck weighs almost 12 pounds). its a good engine. lots of power, but not a high revving engine. power falls off in the upper range. but, good low end and mid range. high end isnt really bad either, it just gets there early.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:07 PM
iliketobreakthings

sweet... does anyone have any more videos of the X-T in action? i thiink im gonna pass on the tmaxx and go with the buggy..partially cause my friend is getting a TMAXX...
does the 24.7 engine mean 24.7cc
Old 08-15-2004, 03:56 PM
R6racer2
My Feedback: (1)

LOL, NO...24.7 does NOT mean 24.7cc's. 24cc's is big...
Old 08-15-2004, 04:35 PM
UF DUB

u were close. 24.7 means .247 cubic inch engine (correct me if Im wrong). its pretty large for buggies, considered outlaw size for most races.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:35 PM
bajan_dread

I do jumps about 50% of the time I use it. And yes, I do mostly use it as a racer against 1/10th on roads in my area. As far as putting money into hop ups, remember there are 2 versions of the exterminator. If your into strictly competition you can get the X-Terminator Deluxe Version with basically a large amount of hop ups and a better engine. I havent heard of many MTs with the maneuvering of a buggy, off road and especially on road. But the most important is your driving experience, if its not so good you strike the chances of hitting everything in site there fore youll need a LHS that'll get you the parts right then if they are open to get right back into action in a half hour or so. So the Maxx would be a better choice for you, but if the money is tight and you have nothing but time to wait you can order the xtm's products.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:43 PM
browney

Fine buy a crappy buggy but you will be wasting your money after all a fool and there money is easy parted
Old 08-15-2004, 05:47 PM
bajan_dread

I agree with you, like I said for that price? Why not, if its not fast enough make it faster if you dont like the stock parts change them. That goes for any r/c if you notice through out this sight all makes have hop ups in one way or another otherwise there wouldnt be a business for other companies to make improvements on the stock parts. do whats best for you, shoot your the one that has to bring it home. As far as ofna goes there are better companies than that but no one is screaming out those names, and what happened to the TMaxx owners? Some how that was lost in the beginning of this forum, I said myself as a X-Term owner I was thinking about getting the lil truck (TMaxx) just to see if I would like it as much as everyone else advertises. Trial and error is basis of this sport/ hobby lets not forget when we first glanced at a nitro r/c racing down the pavement how it made us feel when some of us couldnt afford the best one. Sorry for the speech peeps, lol.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:52 PM
browney

I started off with a protech engine XS with a crappy .21 1.9HP engine now I have all the Hop ups and a new Sirio .27 2.9HP engine is and soon I will be getting a hyper 7 pro UK
Old 08-16-2004, 09:25 AM
Da Smak
Banned

The only Hop up for a REX X that is worth the cash is to go to the LHS and buy a different buggy. The Rex X ( X- terminator) is a waste of metal and plastic. Only fit to be a paper weight.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:26 AM
browney

I couldn’t agree more
Old 08-16-2004, 09:59 AM
hopesfall

And why do you say that? Im not knocking you graham but its always the same. Hyper 7 rocks, everything else is terrible. I respect your opinion and im not going after you but id like to see why you say that. As for you browney, whats your problem? I have never seen you post before though i felt like i should respect you, despite what you said in previous posts in this thread. Now i see you flat out telling this guy that the buggy sucks, its terrible, yet you have no experience with the buggy yourself. Why dont you save your biased, pro ofna propaganda for there message boards?
Old 08-16-2004, 10:09 AM
browney

lmao "buggy sucks, its terrible" both of those word sum the Rex X up and my m8 that lives 3 doors along hasa Rex X and I have used it be4 many times and it's crap it really is
Old 08-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Da Smak
Banned

Yup sure is.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:57 PM
hopesfall

If hes used it many times then obviusly he likes it. And again, there you go graham knocking the x-terminator while giving no valid facts. What a load of crap, the whole point of this forum is to help people, not brand troll and force feed company propaganda down our throats. Sheesh.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:07 PM
browney

your saying i obviusly like it when i dont are you reading what i am saying
Old 08-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Da Smak
Banned

I aint forcin propoganda down your throat. Only facts! I took a Rex out bashing and within 1/2 an hour the chassis was bent, front diff was all chewed up, both chassis braces had snapped, the top plat snapped, one of the wing posts had snapped, the clutch was burnt out, pull start cord gone, front left lower A arm and shock knackered. I think tahat enough for now. And BTW I Ran my hyper over the same track and could only run it out of fuel. Oh well I suppose Quality speaks for itself but ****E should be flushed.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:15 PM
browney

you see IT IS CRAP what more do you wany us to say
Old 08-16-2004, 02:18 PM
hopesfall

WHY DONT YOU SAY WHY!? Are you that freaken thick? Instead of telling everybody it sucks, why dont you try and tell us why it sucks. Jeeze!
Old 08-16-2004, 02:21 PM
browney

" Because my m8 has one and it is so bad

1. Weak chassis
2. He went over a small bit of raised dirt and he smashed a front lover suspension are and he needed a new front suspension "
Old 08-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Da Smak
Banned

BECAUSE IT FALLS TO PIECES AT THE SIGHT OF A BLADE OF GRASS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2004, 02:24 PM
browney

ur the freaken thick one it's like talking 2 a brick wall
Old 08-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Da Smak
Banned

Nah not that bad. Maybe a deaf, blind, mute, bute not a wall.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:16 PM
browney

you sure
Old 08-16-2004, 06:48 PM
b@5her

I own a rex-x and for the 3 months i've had it all thet has broken is 1 rear dif case which has now been sorted by a billet alloy rear brace .if you did all the damage you claim in one bashin session

a) you must be 1 piss poor driver
b) you had a box of spares the size of a small car
c) you must be the fastest rc fettler in the world to change all the parts and have time to go break some more in 30 mins
or
d) (most probably) your making it all up .

btw a lot of the guys at my local track have hypers ranging from sports to pro uk's and they dont seem any stronger or weeker than the rex-x if you crash a hyper it WILL BREAK just as often as any other car.

p.s. how many shares in ho bao do you own
Old 08-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Da Smak
Banned

I aint makin nothin up. Those bloody trees get everywhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.